By William Hill
7th November 2018
Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United will make the trek to the Allianz Arena to face an in-form Juventus side. All eyes will be on whether Cristiano Ronaldo can lead the charge in silencing his former employers.
Juventus vs Man United: odds and predictions
The Old Lady is tipped as favourites to win in our Juventus vs Man United predictions and betting tips, despite the odds trading at 63/100, while Mourinho’s men are priced at 9/2, with a potential draw projected at 29/10.
The home side are undefeated in their last six games, with the anomalous draw against Genoa marring an otherwise perfect build-up into this Wednesday’s game.
Their opponent’s former man Ronaldo has been resurgent in front of goal, with seven goals in his opening 11 starts in the Serie A, including a brace against Empoli last week that secured Juventus all three points.
With the odds punting at 3/1, our betting tipsters are forecasting the 33-year-old to make it onto the score-sheet, amidst the likes of Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic.
Yet while United may find it tough to nullify the Juventus attack, they could fight fire with fire and hit Massimiliano Allegri’s side on the break.
If counterattacks are the way to striking the Old Lady down, then Anthony Martial will be leading the charge.
The Frenchman has worked his way back into Mourinho’s good books with a series of impressive performances in the league, and with his pace and skill, the Italian defenders could find themselves in a whole host of trouble.
Martial is our pick to score anytime in the match betting tips, projected at 10/1. But if that doesn’t suit the palate, scroll down and peruse the rest of our in-play bets.
Juventus vs Man United head-to-head: (most recent first) Juventus 1-0 Man United, Juventus 0-3 Man United, Juventus 2-1 Man United, Juventus 3-2 Man United, Juventus 1-1 Man United.
Juventus vs Man United match betting: score, double result, scorer tips
Predicted score: Juventus our pick to win 2-1 @ 7/1
The first match bet in our Juventus vs Man United predictions project the home side to repeat their successes against United and once again emerge as victors.
The defensive frailties inherent in Mourinho’s side were exposed by Bournemouth in their weekend outing to Dean Court, yet the Cherries were unable to fully capitalise on their sub-par performance.
Against superior opposition, these mistakes are more likely to be punished, and a dishevelled back-four could be the first step to a 2-1 win for Juve.
Double result: Man United/Juventus, projected @ 4/1
They may not be the favourites to win in our betting tips, but we’re still expecting the Red Devils to force Juventus onto the back-foot from the onset.
The kind of pressing seen in glimpses of their performances this season proves that they do possess the firepower to challenge the Old Lady.
But as in all their games, Allegri’s men have an outstanding ability to come back in the second half and blow away their opponents. So while we’re tipping United to arrive into the game all gung-ho, the I Bianconeri are our pick to return and take all three points.
Predicted scorer: Paulo Dybala to score first, odds forecast @ 4/1
The 24-year-old has been prolific in the Champions League, with four goals in his two appearances in this year’s campaign.
While a hat-trick against Young Boys may not have been tantamount to the quality of the side, his winning goal against the Red Devil’s in last month’s outing to Old Trafford proves that he can repeat his successes to seal the three points for his team.
The last of our Juventus vs Man United predictions forecast Dybala to break the bank first, as while all eyes might be on Ronaldo, he may hold the key to sinking United into further doom and gloom.
Juventus vs Man United stats: Opta
- This is the 14th European meeting between Juventus and Manchester United – Juventus have won six, Man Utd have won five and they’ve drawn two of the previous 13.
- Since losing 0-3 to Manchester United in the second group stage in February 2003, Juventus have lost just one of their 35 home Champions League matches in the group stages (W24 D10).
- Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo is goalless in each of his last five Champions League games – since scoring a 90th-minute penalty against Juventus in April for Real Madrid, he has played 389 minutes and attempted 15 shots without success.
- Manchester United haven’t lost home and away against an opponent in a Champions League group stage since 2001-02 when they lost both games against Deportivo de La Coruña in the first group stage; the only other occasion this has happened was in 1996-97, when they did so against Juventus.
- Manchester United managed just six shots in their home Champions League match against Juventus on MD3 – they last had fewer than that in a single Champions League match in October 2013 against Shakhtar Donetsk under David Moyes (4 shots).