By Anis Bazza
Last Updated: 6th August 2018
Welcome to William Hill’s live coverage of this top-flight football season curtain-raiser which sees Chelsea take on Manchester City in the Community Shield at Wembley.
Here’s the latest news:
- Manchester City beat Chelsea 2-0 to win the Community Shield.
- Sergio Aguero draws first blood in the 13th minute and adds another on the 58th minute – his 200th and 201st goals for Manchester City.
- Riyad Mahrez and Jorginho make their debuts.
- Youth appears prominently in both sides – Phil Foden impresses for Manchester City.
- England players John Stones and Kyle Walker start for City.
- Eden Hazard, Thibaut Courtois, Michy Batshuayi, N’Golo Kante and Olivier Giroud also missing for Chelsea.
- Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling have not yet returned for Manchester City.
Anis grew up supporting Manchester City but found joy and solace across Europe’s major football leagues. Increasingly passionate about NBA, he is interested in and has written extensively about different aspects of sport across the years, previously working at Sky Sports News and Sport360 newspaper in Dubai. He studied Journalism at University but spent a large portion of his academic years building City Watch instead - the largest independent Manchester City Twitter account and website.