By News Team
Last Updated: 7th January 2020
Saturday 18th August
Stadium: Wembley Stadium, London
Spurs vs Fulham odds
Tottenham are 1/4 favourites to defeat Fulham in this London derby betting with the Spurs vs Fulham odds placing the Cottagers at 10/1 odds to win.
Slavisa Jokanovic’s outfit will have felt hard done by against Crystal Palace last weekend after dominating large portions of the match and Fulham’s odds of securing a tie trade at 24/5.
Wembley stadium will remain the venue for Spurs’ home fixtures til October and head coach Mauricio Pochettino will hope to carry their strong form at Wembley from last season into the new campaign.
Spurs vs Fulham odds | team news
The Cottagers have splurged over £100m since confirming their place in the Premier League, bringing in talents such as Andre Schurrle, Jean-Michael Seri and Andre Zambo Anguissa.
Despite the 66% percent of possession they enjoyed, they were given a reality check by a ruthlessly efficient Eagles side.
Tottenham too were fortunate against Newcastle, producing a labouring but sturdy performance to claim all three points at St. James Park.
Players such as Harry Kane, Moussa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen all featured despite their World Cup semi-final exploits merely one month ago.
Dele Alli grabbed the winner and with another week of training for the World Cup stars under their belt, Tottenham should fare far better for it.
Therefore, Spurs to win both halves is our betting prediction with odds trading at 8/5.
Elsherewhere, some of Fulham’s new signings that missed their Premier League opener could finally feature for the West London outfit.
Mensoah Fonsu-Mesah and Andre Zambo Anguissa could play against Tottenham but £20m Alfie Mawson will remain out of action til September as he recovers from knee surgery.
A correct score/win cast betting of 3-0 to Tottenham and Harry Kane to score is trading at 20/1.
Key players to watch
Harry Kane has yet to score in August as might well be aware of but don’t let that statistic put you off from punting on the Golden Boot winner.
England’s number #9 has incredulously broke record after record in these last four seasons and an August hoodoo will be in his line of sight.
Odds on Harry Kane to score two or more goals in a statistic-defying rout is a sound betting pick at 9/5.
Fulham’s £18m forward Aleksander Mitrovic managed 7 shots against Palace with the Serbian make the most of his side’s ability to keep hold of the ball.
Mitrovic ended last season strongly for club and country and a betting tip would be for the 6”2 target man to open the scoring is trading at 10/1.
Spurs vs Fulham odds | head to head record
Bouts between Tottenham and Fulham have usually ended in Spur’s favour in recent years with the Lilywhites coming out on top in six of the last seven matches.
The last seven head-to-head matches read as so: Fulham 1-3 Spurs, Spurs 2-0 Fulham , Fulham 0-3 Spurs, Spurs 0-1 Fulham, Fulham 1-2 Spurs, Spurs 1-3 Fulham, Fulham 0-3 Spurs.
Check out some of our football accumulator tips and how to build a winning acca bet.
- Tottenham have won eight of their last nine Premier League meetings with Fulham, losing only in a home match in March 2013 (0-1).
- Fulham have scored just five goals in their last 11 top-flight meetings with Spurs (W1 D2 L8), and never more than once in a match in that run. o
- Tottenham have lost just two of their last 38 home league games (W30 D6 L2), vs Chelsea and Manchester City last season. o
- Fulham have conceded in each of their last 18 Premier League away games – the longest current run without a clean sheet away in the top-flight (among the 20 teams in 2018-19).
- Harry Kane has never scored a Premier League goal in August, despite playing 14 games, 988 minutes and attempting 46 shots. By contrast, he’s scored nine goals from 41 shots and 820 minutes in Premier League games in September.
Have a read of our Man City vs Huddersfield odds | stats and key players to watch match preview.