By Anis Bazza
Last Updated: 10th August 2018
Transfer Deadline Day Live: Read on for the latest transfer news and gossip as the transfer window slammed shut.
- Fulham announced five players after the deadline – becoming the first promoted team to spend over £100m in a transfer window.
- Everton complete signings of Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes. The 2nd and third Barcelona players to join the Toffees.
- Chelsea sign Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for £71m, a world record fee for a goalkeeper and a Chelsea club transfer record.
- Thibaut Courtois completes move to Real Madrid. Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovavic joins the Blues on a season-long loan as part of the deal.
- Diego Godin rejects Manchester United approach. Mourinho frustrated with efforts to sign a defender.
- Bristol City left-back Joe Bryan snubs Aston Villa at the last minute for a Premier League move to Fulham.
Anis grew up supporting Manchester City but found joy and solace across Europe’s major football leagues. Increasingly passionate about NBA, he is interested in and has written extensively about many different aspects of sport across the years, previously working at Sky Sports News and Sport360 newspaper in Dubai. He studied Sport Journalism at University but spent a large portion of his academic years building City Watch instead - the largest independent Manchester City Twitter account and website.