Frankel Stats: 2/9 to set Ascot alight for the final time
The World's Greatest racehorse Frankel will bid adieu to his adoring fans on Saturday at Ascot, as the £100million horse completes his racing swansong in the Qipco Champion Stakes.
Britain's Biggest Bookmakers William Hill quote odds of 2/9 that the unbeatable equine star takes his unbeaten run to 14 straight wins on the bounce when he lines-up for the final time at the sold-out event.
William Hill make him just 8-1 that he wins the Champion Stakes by 10 lengths or more!
William Hill betting on the Qipco Champion Stakes: 2-9 Frankel, 4-1 Cirrus Des Aigles, 10-1 Nathaniel, 33-1 Pastorius, 100-1 Master Of Hounds, 200-1 Bullet Train (e/w 1/4 1,2)
By how far will Frankel win the Qipco Champion Stakes: 4-6 By 4 lengths or more, 6-4 By 6 lengths or more, 5-2 By less than 4 lengths, 7-2 By 8 lengths or more, 8-1 By 10 lengths or more
Frankel to sire the winner of a UK Classic in 2017: 4-1
Kate Miller, spokeswoman for Britain's biggest bookmaker said, "I have never seen such a phenomenal equine athlete. From a bookmaking point of view, it feels like we have dodged a bullet, as only on his debut has he started odds against and a £1 13-race accumulator would have netted backers less than £100. What Frankel has done is to bring a new audience to racing, both on the track, on TV and in our betting shops. He has the X-Factor, and if he took part would be favourite to win Strictly Come Dancing. In an Olympic year, Frankel is a gold medal performer and, as a fan, I will be cheering him ‘til I'm hoarse to make it an unblemished 14 from 14 at Ascot."
Frankel is the most valuable horse on the planet, and probably the greatest racehorse the world has ever seen and he will race for the 14th and final time at Ascot on Saturday.
Frankel has never been beaten and puts that unblemished record on the line in the appropriately named Qipco Champion Stakes - the centrepiece of Qipco British Champions Day.
His £200m valuation - which in addition to his potential winnings takes into account the estimated £100,000-a-go ‘stud' fee to mate him with a mare - is considered to be 'conservative' by Johnny McKeever Bloodstock, one of Britain's biggest bloodstock agencies and the company that placed the price tag on Frankel.
"Given the value of stallions now it is not at all unreasonable to put this kind of price - or even a higher one - on Frankel," McKeever, who runs the agency, said.
Having built up an amazing sequence of wins over three racing seasons, Frankel has stamped himself as probably the greatest equine talent ever seen on a racecourse.
Frankel is trained by the legendary Sir Henry Cecil who has handled some of the equine greats in a glittering career, winning 25 British Classics and saddling 75 winners at Royal Ascot.
Frankel By Numbers
- 0 number of defeats in his racing career
- 0.5 smallest winning distance (in lengths) - on debut 13th August 2010
- 5 bends run around in races
- 5.7 average winning distance (in lengths)
- 7.5 shoe size (front) - 7 behind
- 9 Group Ones won
- 12 number of times he's started odds on
- 13 biggest winning margin - Doncaster, 10th September 2010
- 16.1 Frankel's height in hands
- 36 average mph when winning the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot 2012
- 43 number of Group Ones won by horses he has beaten
- 74.5 aggregate winning distances
- 83 total number of horses beaten
- 123 weight (lbs) at birth
- 147 Timeform rating - a record high for any horse
- 178 aggregate winning distances in metres
- 958 money won (£) if you had a £10 accumulator on all 13 wins
- 100,000 likely fee at stud (£) for each service
- 249,000 spectators who have watched Frankel live (first 13 races)
- 2,261,072 prizemoney won (£)
- 18,500,000 Google results
- 100,000,000 Estimated open market value (£)
Random Frankel Facts
- Born on 11th February - other stars who share his birthday include Damian Lewis, Steve McManaman, Jennifer Aniston, Burt Reynolds & Mary Quant
- His star sign is Aquarius - born on 11 February. According to websites, Aquarians are ‘trailblazers' who don't follow the crowd.
- Diet - English hay, corn, alfalfa chaff & bran + 23lbs of Canadian Oats per day (equivalent of 600 Weetabix biscuits)
- First horse ever to have his own TV commercial
- Frankel is named after the lgendary American racehorse trainer, Bobby Frankel.
- Frankel died at his home in California on November 16, 2009, at the age of 68, after being diagnosed with leukemia. He was survived by his daughter, Bethenny Frankel. who is a reality television celebrity on the show "Real Housewives of New York".
Click here to view the Frankel promo film: http://bit.ly/SUuJ0l