By Anis Bazza
29th November 2018
Facing Champions League elimination, Liverpool match up against three more sides before their crunch clash with Napoli on 11th December. First off is the Merseyside derby against an Everton side looking increasingly resilient by the week. Read on for our Liverpool vs Everton predictions and betting tips.
Liverpool vs Everton: odds and predictions
The Reds come into this Merseyside derby as the betting favourites having been priced up at 4/11 by the William Hill traders. The Toffees meanwhile find themselves unfancied with their odds of victory picked at 15/2.
A sharing of the spoils of war is betting at a 4/1 pick and that is exactly how we’re forecasting this game. Our Liverpool vs Everton predictions are backing a dour, low-scoring affair when the sides meet on Sunday afternoon.
With four wins in their last six Premier League games and a draw to Chelsea and loss to Manchester United edged inbetween, things are finally starting to look up for Marco Silva and his boys in blue.
The Toffees have upped the tempo from their relatively tame start to the season and now sit in 6th position on 22 points, just ten points behind arch-rivals Liverpool who are at the heels of Manchester City.
Head-to-head record (most recent first): Everton 1-2 Liverpool, Liverpool 1-1 Everton, Liverpool 3-1 Everton, Everton 0-1 Liverpool.
Liverpool vs Everton predictions: score, best bet, scorer tips
Score bet: Under 2.5 goals, odds betting at 6/4.
The first instalment of our Liverpool vs Everton predictions and betting tips sees us wager on a under 2.5 goals bet.
Both sides have scored less frequently this season, particularly Liverpool who have managed just 65% of the goals Manchester City have scored already this season.
Everton meanwhile have the fewest goals scored in the entire top 8, being outscored by the likes of Bournemouth. An under 2.5 goals bet would’ve actually paid out in three of Toffees’ last five games and five of Liverpool’s last seven Premier League fixtures.
Amazingly, Liverpool have conceded just the one goal all season at Anfield this season meaning Marco Silva will have to bring his A-game if he is to inflict more pain on the home side.
Best bet: Draw, odds trading at a 4/1 pick
Liverpool’s defeat to Paris Saint Germain on Wednesday amped-up the pressure on the Reds, forcing them into a do-or-die match up with Napoli in a few weeks. Most worryingly for Jurgen Klopp however was his sides’ performance where they looked lackadaisical and tepid going forward.
A tough Champions League away trip before a local derby was the last thing Liverpool needed whilst Everton enjoyed a midweek break to prepare for Sunday’s match-up.
That’s why we’re projecting a draw when the Liverpudlian sides meet with plenty of form to suggest that the result will indeed head that way. Eight out of the last 13 matches between the sides have ended in stalemates and it would be no surprised to see that outcome again.
Goal-scorer bet: Richarlison to score anytime, odds betting at 11/4
The final instalment of our Liverpool vs Everton predictions and betting tips sees us back a goal from Richarlison anytime at odds of 11/4.
Everton’s Brazilian winger-cum-striker continues to spur the Toffees on and represents the senior attacking threat in the side. Now operating primarily as a center-forward, Richarlison has honed his game to bring the best out of Everton’s other attacking players.
With a strike in the Premier League every 155 minutes a healthy average 2.3 shots per game, backing the Brazilian to do it again makes very reasonable sense.
Liverpool vs Everton predictions: Opta Stats
- Liverpool’s current run of 17 matches without defeat against Everton in all competitions is their longest ever unbeaten run against their rivals.
- Liverpool remain unbeaten in the Premier League this season (W10 D3), while their record of just five goals conceded is their fewest at this stage of any of their 115 English league campaigns.
- Marco Silva is looking to become the first Everton manager since Joe Royle in November 1994 to win his first Merseyside derby in the Premier League; no Everton manager has ever won their first league match against Liverpool at Anfield, stretching back to their first meeting in November 1894.
- Among current Premier League players, only Harry Kane (7) has scored more Premier League goals against Everton than Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge (6).
- Mohamed Salah could make his 50th Premier League appearance for Liverpool in this game. He’s scored 39 goals for the Reds – only two players have ever scored more in their first 50 for a club in the competition (Alan Shearer 41 for Blackburn and Andy Cole 41 for Newcastle).
Anis grew up supporting Manchester City but found joy and solace across Europe’s major football leagues. Increasingly passionate about NBA, he is interested in and has written extensively about different aspects of sport across the years, previously working at Sky Sports News and Sport360 newspaper in Dubai. He studied Journalism at University but spent a large portion of his academic years building City Watch instead - the largest independent Manchester City Twitter account and website.