By News Team
Last Updated: 7th January 2020
Saturday evening’s 15:00 BST game comes at St. Mary’s stadium where Southampton host Leicester. We’ve picked out our best free betting tips for this Premier League clash.
Southampton vs Leicester odds: The Foxes our pick
Jamie Vardy’s red card against Wolves might be deemed as a worry for a Leicester-backing punter but Southampton have not won a competitive fixture since April so we’re backing the Foxes to bring back all three points.
Numerous names were been linked to the Leicester hot seat but for now, the betting forecast suggests Claude Puel’s job is safe.
The Frenchman has already managed to turn what seemed an unassailable table when he was betting at 3/1 in the next manager to leave odds.
A spirited opening defeat at Old Trafford was followed by a resolute 2-0 victory over Wolves and we fancy another victory for Leicester at a St. Mary’s that narrowly avoided relegation last season.
Southampton coach Mark Hughes will be feeling the pressure after the Saints drew a blank against Burnley and then succumbed to defeat at Everton.
New signing Danny Ings grabbed a consolation goal but Hughes will be expecting more solidity from his players in defence.
The Saint’s odds of a victory is currently betting 11/8 with a stalemate projected at 9/4.
Place a bet on the Lilywhites in the Manchester United vs Spurs odds.
Head-to-head: Leicester 0-0 Southampton, Southampton 1-4 Leicester, Southampton 3-0 Leicester, Leicester 0-0 Southampton, Leicester 1-0 Southampton, Southampton 2-2 Leicester
Free betting tips
Prediction: Southampton 0-1 Leicester @ 13/2
The last five fixtures between these sides have seen an average of 1.8 goals per game with 55% of those goals coming in Leicester’s 4-1 victory over Southampton last season.
Our projection is a solitary goal in the Foxes’ favour in a tight and scrappy affair.
Following on from our previous betting we are predicting a low-scoring affair with Jamie Vardy banned. The 31-year-old sharpshooter has scored 8 goals in his last 11 games for Leicester and has long been the Foxes’ major source of goal.
Southampton themselves are no arsenal themselves with a miniscule five goals in their last eight Premier League fixtures
The Nigerian found himself on the periphery last season but can now expect a run of games, with a team optimised towards his playing style.
At Manchester City, Iheanacho had the best goals-to-minutes ratio in the Premier League’s history, scoring a goal every 96 minutes – the best goal ratio for any player with 10 goals or more in the league’s history.
That record has since slipped from Leicester front man but with a season of assimilation under his belt, we’re backing the 21-year-old to open his goal-scoring account for the 2018/19 season.
Kelechi’s three goals in four appearances means he has scored more Premier League goals against Southampton than he has any against any other side.
- Leicester have never won back to back away league matches at Southampton – this is their 40th visit there (W4 D14 L21 previously).
- Southampton have been victorious in just two of their 10 Premier League games under Mark Hughes, with five of these games ending in defeat (D3).
- Claude Puel is unbeaten in this fixture in the Premier League, avoiding defeat as Southampton manager in 2016-17 (W1 D1) and Leicester manager in 2017-18 (W1 D1).
- Since the start of last season, Southampton’s goalkeepers Alex McCarthy and Fraser Forster have each played 20 games in the Premier League, with McCarthy (5) recording one more clean sheet, although Forster has posted the better save percentage (69.1%).
- Danny Ings, who scored on his first start last time out versus Everton, is looking to become just the fourth player to score in his first two Premier League starts for Southampton after Ronnie Ekelund, Peter Crouch and Manolo Gabbiadini.