Bundesliga Opta Stats - 6-7 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
FC Schalke 04 v FC St. Pauli
- FC Schalke 04 are undefeated in their last five competitive matches against St. Pauli (three wins, two draws).
- FC St. Pauli have only won one of eight Bundesliga outings against Schalke (four defeats, three draws) - Pauli won a home game on April 26, 1996 by 2-0.
- Across this season and last, Schalke have won only one of their last eight home games (five losses)
- Pauli have won nine of their 13 points away from home. They also won five of their first six away matches in 2. Bundesliga last season, only having lost one.
- St. Pauli have already won three away matches this season, equaling their previous record. A victory in this match would set a new record.
- Schalke are the least dangerous Bundesliga side in attack as they have only scored 10 goals. The only club with a chance conversion rate worse than Schalke's (10.8%) is Bayern (9.9%).
Hamburger SV v 1899 Hoffenheim
- HSV have only won one of their four games against Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga (one draw, two defeats) when they beat the TSG 1-0 on the 4th April 2009 courtesy of a Jonathan Pitroipa goal.
- Hoffenheim are yet to score against the HSV on the road in the league (previous results: 0-1, 0-0). At home 1899 enjoyed comfortable victories against Hamburg, however (3-0, 5-1).
- Hamburg (seven points) would be the worst and Hoffenheim (20 points) would be the best team in the league if all BL games finished at half-time.
- Hoffenheim have the highest chance conversion rate (20.4%) and the highest shooting accuracy (53.4%) in the league. Only leaders Dortmund (23) have scored more goals then 1899 this season (21).
- Since Hoffenheim won promotion to the Bundesliga in 2008 they have been awarded the most penalties of all teams in the German top flight (18; 15 of them converted). The HSV, on the other hand, have been awarded the fewest penalties of all teams who have permanently been in the Bundesliga since 2008 (four, all converted).
- Gylfi Sigurdsson scored his first brace in the BL last weekend against Hanover and has now found the back of the net four times in six BL appearances. The Icelander has scored every 59 minutes on average in the league.
Eintracht Frankfurt v VfL Wolfsburg
- Frankfurt have lost 56% of their games against Wolfsburg, against no other team is this percentage is higher.
- Eintracht have won only two of their 18 Bundesliga games against Wolfsburg (six draws, 10 defeats).
- Eintracht haven't won any of their last 11 games against Wolfsburg (six draws, five defeats).
- Wolfsburg have scored nine goals in the opening 30 minutes of the games, more than any other side.
- Eintracht have conceded five of their 10 goals in the final 15 minutes of the games.
- Edin Dzeko (seven), Grafite, (six) and Diego (three) have scored 16 of Wolfsburg's 17 goals this season.
Borussia Mönchengladbach v FC Bayern München
- Bayern haven't lost any of the last nine BL matches against Gladbach (five wins, four draws), losing just one of their last 15 encounters overall (seven wins, seven draws).
- In their last eight BL matches at Borussia, Bayern have won just once (five draws, two defeats).
- Bayern have notched seven goals in their last three games after recording merel five in the seven previous matches.
- Bayern have won just one of four away games this season; 2-1 at Hoffenheim. They have been shut out in three of four games away from home.
- Borussia have conceded at least one goal in each of the last 14 BL fixtures, currently the longest streak of its kind in the Bundesliga.
- Michael Frontzeck's average of 0.95 points per game is the lowest among all current BL managers.
SC Freiburg v FSV Mainz 05
- Mainz have won three of their four Bundesliga encounters with Freiburg and have only conceded two goals in these games, scoring 10.
- This is the encounter of the only two sides not to draw this season.
- After a run of eight competitive wins in a row, Mainz have lost three of their last four.
- Freiburg have scored in each of their last 14 BL games, their longest such-run in the Bundesliga after netting in 17 games in a row between October 1994 and April 1995.
- Last week, Dortmund became the first team to win their first five away games of a season. This week, Mainz could also manage this feat.
- Freiburg's six wins in competitive games this season all have come by only one goal difference.
FC Nürnberg v FC Köln
- FC Nürnberg have won their last six home games against Köln.
- Köln's last win at Nürnberg came more than 20 years ago; a 4-0 in October 1990.
- Nürnberg have won seven of their last eight games against Köln (one defeat).
- Nürnberg have scored at least twice in each of their last four games. It was 23 years ago when they last managed that within a single Bundesliga season.
- Köln are the only team, along with Stuttgart, yet to win away from home. They only have gained one point in their five games away from home (0-0 at Bayern).
- Last week, Köln won after trailing in Frank Schaefer's first game as Köln manager (3-2 against Hamburg after 1-2). Köln did not manage this in any of the 43 games under former boss Zvonimir Soldo.
Hannover 96 v Borussia Dortmund
- Dortmund have won just one of the last eight league games against Hannover (four draws, three defeats) - though this was their last meeting, in February (4-1).
- None of the 38 Bundesliga games between these two teams have ended goalless.
- The last time that Hannover faced the team at the top of the table was when they played Bayern towards the end of last season. They lost 0-7.
- Dortmund's 2-0 win in Mainz equaled a club record of five consecutive away wins in the Bundesliga (from 2001).
- Dortmund are the first BL team to win their opening five away games in a season.
- Never before have Dortmund had 25 points after their first 10 games.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen v FC Kaiserslautern
- Kaiserslautern's last win at Leverkusen came more than 16 years ago, a 1-0 victory in August 1994.
- FCK have won only one of their last 19 encounters with Leverkusen (six draws, 12 defeats).
- Leverkusen have only lost one of their last eight BL games (four wins, three draws), 0-1 on match day 9 against Mainz.
- FCK have lost their last four away games.
- Kaiserslautern have scored seven (of 13) goals from long range, a joint league high with Hoffenheim.
- Manager Jupp Heynckes never lost as a player against Marco Kurz; who is now Lautern manager (two wins, two draws). There only was one encounter between both as managers, Lautern's 2-1 win against Leverkusen in German Cup last season.
VfB Stuttgart v Werder Bremen
- No other team have conceded as many goals to Bremen as Stuttgart (152); the only team that Stuttgart has conceded more goals against is Bayern (167).
- Bremen have only suffered more defeats against Bayern (38) than they have to Stuttgart (31, like Köln).
- A whopping 39 goals have been scored in the last eight Bundesliga matches between these clubs, an average of 4.9 goals per match.
- The last home game that Stuttgart lost after leading first was six years ago (October 27, 2004). Their opponent then was Werder Bremen (1-2).
- No other team has suffered as many defeats this season as VfB (seven). They have occupied one of the last three table positions for eight out of 10 weeks.
- Stuttgart have only won one point from their eight matches they didn't keep a clean sheet in.