Europa League Opta Facts – 25th February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Europa League 25 February 2010
- Everton's win over Sporting in the first leg was their first against Portuguese opposition. The Toffees had lost their previous two earlier this season in the Europa League, losing 5-0 away and 2-0 at home to Benfica.
- The Toffees have scored just three goals over the course of their last five matches in the Europa League.
- Four of Sporting Lisbon's nine goals in Europe this season have come in the 85th minute or later.
- The Toffees have lost just one of their last six games (in all competitions).
- Sporting have failed to win any of their last seven games, losing five (in all competitions).
- Fulham's first leg meeting with Shakhtar was their first ever with Ukrainian opposition in a competitive match.
- Fulham are the third English side Shakhtar have faced in Europe, and the third from London, after Arsenal (2000/01) and Spurs (2007/08).
- The Whites have found the net in each of their seven matches in the Europa League this season.
- Fulham have opened the scoring in their last six matches in Europe.
- After going 13 matches unbeaten in the Europa League and UEFA Cup combined, Shakhtar have now lost two consecutive games in the competition; both by one goal.
- Their first leg defeat (2-1) to Fulham was the first time that Shakhtar conceded more than one goal in a European game in their last 18 games.
- The Cottagers are unbeaten in their last six games (in all competitions), winning two and scoring 12 in the process, whilst conceding only two goals.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their 12 matches against Romanian opposition, and have progressed to the next stage each time they have met them in European competition.
- The Reds have conceded just one goal in their last five clashes with sides from Romania.
- The Reds have not scored more than once in a match in Europe this season.
- Unirea's 1-0 defeat in the first leg was the first time that they have failed to score in their last six matches in Europe.
- The last four Liverpool games, in all competitions, have produced a total of just three goals.
- Unirea have enjoyed just one win in their last four games, losing the other three (in all competitions).