Champions League Opta Facts 26th & 27th August
Celtic v NK Maribor
- Celtic have won just three of their last eight European games (all comps), losing four and drawing one.
- The Bhoys have suffered just two defeats in their last 16 Champions League qualifying games (W12 D2).
- On home soil, the Glasgow giants have gone six Champions League qualifiers without conceding a single goal.
- The Bhoys have also won their last eight CL qualifiers at Celtic Park.
- Maribor are now unbeaten in five Champions League qualifiers, winning two and drawing three.
- The last seven times Maribor have avoided defeat in the first leg of a Champions League qualifier, they have gone on to win the tie overall.
- When Celtic have either won or drawn the first leg of a Champions League qualifying round, they have gone on to progress to the next round on all but one occasion (v Basel in 2002).
- Striker Anthony Stokes has netted 12 goals in his last 14 games for the Hoops in all competitions.
- Ronny Deila's side have enjoyed just two victories in their last six games in all competitions, drawing one and losing three (incl. two defeats against Legia Warsaw).
- The Slovenian side have suffered just one defeat in their 11 games in all competitions this season (W7 D3).
Arsenal v Besiktas
- Arsenal are now unbeaten in their last 11 games in all competitions, winning eight and drawing three.
- At the Emirates, the Gunners have lost just one of their last 22 games in all competitions, winning 16 and drawing five.
- Besiktas have suffered just one defeat in their last ten games in all competitions.
- Arsenal have won each of their previous six Champions League qualifying second leg games, scoring 16 goals and conceding just three in the process.
- Indeed, overall the north Londoners have never lost a Champions League qualifying game (W12 D1), with their stalemate away at Besiktas their first ever draw in the qualifying competition.
- Besiktas themselves have only ever lost one Champions League qualifying game (W10 D6), with that defeat coming in their first ever qualifier, 0-3 v Rosenborg in 1995.
- Arsenal have lost four of their last eight European games (all competitions) at the Emirates including two of their last three (W4).
- Besiktas have lost six of their last nine European games (all comps) on the road, although they have won three of their last five away games in Europe.
- When the teams first met last week, ex-Arsenal playmaker Oguzhan Ozyakup created a game-high five goal-scoring chances. The entire Gunners' side created just six chances in total.
- There were no offside decisions given when the two teams met last week.