French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 4-5 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arles-Avignon - Nancy
- Arles-Avignon have conceded 32 goals this term in Ligue 1, across the top five European leagues only Mönchengladbach have shipped more (40).
- Nancy have yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season in the league.
- Arles-Avignon have opened the scoring in just three matches this season and have failed to win any of these games.
- Marama Vahirua has scored with a direct free kick in his both of the last two match days.
- Nancy are one of two Ligue 1 teams this season who have always won games in which they opened the scoring.
Lens - Auxerre
- Auxerre have lost all of their last five trips to the Felix-Bollaert stadium in the league, failing to score in the last four.
- Lens have conceded a league-high five goals in the opening 15 minutes of games.
- Auxerre have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 13 trips to Lens in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have won just four of their 27 trips to Lens in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have used the fewest players this season in Ligue 1 (20).
- Auxerre have drawn 1-1 in their last two away league games, despite opening the scoring in both matches.
Lille - Lorient
- Lille have won their last seven league games played in December, scoring at least three goals in the last six.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last seven Ligue 1 matches against Lille, winning the last three.
- Lille have dropped a league-high nine points after leading.
- Lille have scored in their last 12 league matches, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- However Lille have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine league games, the longest current run alongside Toulouse.
- Lille have won more home games than any other Ligue 1 side since the start of the 2008/09 season (30).
- Lorient have failed to score in five of their last six away games in Ligue 1.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored in his last two appearances against Lille in Ligue 1.
- Moussa Sow has netted three goals in his last three league appearances against Lorient.
Rennes - Monaco
- Monaco have lost both of their last two trips to Rennes in Ligue 1.
- Park Chu-Young has scored four goals in his last three league appearances. Monaco have never lost when he has scored in Ligue 1 (10 wins and six draws).
- Monaco have scored the fewest first-half goals this season in Ligue 1 (three).
- Rennes have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last five home fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Rennes matches have produced the fewest goals this season in Ligue 1(27).
Sochaux - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last four league encounters against Sochaux, winning three and drawing one.
- VAFC have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last seven trips to Sochaux in Ligue 1.
- Sochaux have the best home record in Ligue 1 this season: 17 points.
- Valenciennes have won just one of their last 14 away games in Ligue 1.
- Sochaux already have scored 25 goals this season, they scored 28 overall last term.
- All five goals scored by Modibo Maiga this season in Ligue 1 have been at the Bonal stadium.
- Ideye Brown have scored in each of the last three match days.
- Gael Danic has netted five goals, equalling his most prolific Ligue 1 season: 2006/07, when he netted five goals with Troyes.
Toulouse - Caen
- Caen are unbeaten in their last six trips to Toulouse in the league, winning three and drawing three.
- Caen have lost their last five Ligue 1 matches, only Arles-Avignon have suffered a longer run of defeats this season in Ligue 1.
- For the first time in their Ligue 1 history, Caen have conceded at least two goals in five consecutive matches.
- Toulouse have failed to win any of their last five home games in Ligue 1, their worst run since 2007/08.
- All four goals netted by Daniel Braaten this season in Ligue 1 have come in the first half of games.
Montpellier - Lyon
- Lyon have won both of their last two trips to Montpellier in the league, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last eight Ligue 1 games (winning five and drawing three), currently the longest undefeated run.
- Lyon have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 11 away games in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have always won after having opened the scoring this season in Ligue 1.
- Only Nice (12) and Avignon (nine) have scored fewer goals than Montpellier this season in the league.
- Lyon have received the joint-most red cards this season in Ligue (four).
Nice - Marseille
- Nice have lost their lost their last five league encounters against Marseille.
- Marseille are the last Ligue 1 team who managed to beat Nice at the Ray stadium by a two-goal differential (3rd December 2009).
- Nice have conceded the join-most penalties this season in Ligue 1 (four).
- Lucho Gonzalez has been directly involved in five of the last six Marseille goals against Nice in Ligue 1 (one goal and four assists).
- Nice have won just one of their last 18 Ligue 1 matches played in December.
Paris SG - Brest
- Brest have failed to win any of their last 10 league encounters against PSG, drawing four and losing six.
- PSG have lost just one of their last 11 league games.
- Brest have won just one of their Ligue 1 games at the Parc des Princes.
- Brest have drawn none of their eight away games this season in Ligue 1 (four wins and four defeats).
- Only five PSG players have scored this season, no Ligue 1 team has fewer goalscorers.
- Guillaume Hoarau has scored three goals in his last four Ligue 1 appearances.
St Etienne - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have failed to win any of their last four trips to the Geoffroy Guichard stadium in all competitions (two draws and two defeats).
- St Etienne have failed to win any of their last eight league fixtures, their worst winless run under Christophe Galtier's management. This is also their worst winless run since 1995/96.
- St Etienne have scored in all of their home games this season in Ligue 1, only title-holders Marseille share this statistic.
- St Etienne have drawn 1-1 in their last three league games.
- Five of the six goals netted by Anthony Modeste this season in Ligue 1 have come away from home.