League 1 Opta Facts - 15-16 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brentford v Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe's 2-0 win at Brentford last time out ended a run of 10 straight defeats at Griffin Park for the Iron.
- That win is also the only time the Iron have picked up the three points in their last 13 league meetings with Brentford.
- The Iron are the only side in the third tier yet to prevent their opponents from scoring this campaign.
- Brentford are now without a win in four home league games, losing three of them.
- The Bees have conceded 10 goals in total during that four game run at Griffin Park, but netted only two themselves.
Chesterfield v Notts County
- Chesterfield won 3-1 at the home of Notts County in the Football League Trophy last season despite being a league below the Magpies.
- At least one of the sides has scored exactly one goal in 14 of the last 15 meetings between Chesterfield and Notts County.
- Leon Clarke has scored six goals for Chesterfield this season, the rest of his teammates have only netted eight in total.
- The Magpies have won their last five home league games, but have only taken four out of the last 15 points available on the road.
- Ben Burgess has scored in two of County's last three away games.
Exeter v Huddersfield
- Huddersfield have won four of their last five trips to St James Park to face Exeter, losing the other.
- The Terriers netted four goals in the final 35 minutes to win 4-1 at Exeter in February.
- Exeter City are the only team in League One yet to recoup any points from losing positions in League One this season.
- Huddersfield are yet to taste defeat in the league in 2011.
- Lee Novak has scored four goals in the Terriers' last five league games.
- Exeter have conceded more own goals than any other team this season (three).
Hartlepool v Wycombe
- Two of the three previous league meetings between Wycombe and Hartlepool in the North East have ended 1-1, with the home side winning the other.
- The last six goals scored in this fixture have all come after the half time interval.
- Wycombe Wanderers are the only team in League One who have not scored a goal in the final 15 minutes of a match this season
- The Chairboys have lost their last four away games. Wanderers have not lost five in a row since March 1999.
- Wycombe's worst run of successive FL away defeats is eight, set in November 1996.
- After a five game winning run, Hartlepool have now lost two games in a row without finding the net.
Leyton Orient v Bury
- Bury have only lost one of their last five trips to Brisbane Road, winning three and drawing one.
- Overall, none of the last five meetings between the O's and the Shakers have been won by the home team.
- Leyton Orient have recouped more points from losing positions than any other team in League One (eight).
- The O's have the worst home record in League One with just three points taken so far.
- Bury have won their last two league games, netting five goals in the process.
MK Dons v Bournemouth
- MK Dons scored exactly two goals in both meetings with the Cherries last term, but only won one (2-0 at home, losing 2-3 away).
- Bournemouth's defeat at Stadium:MK last season was their first at the home of the Dons, having won two and drawn one of their three previous trips there.
- MK Dons have scored more goals in the final 15 minutes of games than any other team in League One (seven).
- The Cherries have conceded more goals than any other team in the final 15 minutes (six).
- Bournemouth have won two and drawn one of their last three away league games.
- The Dons are unbeaten at home this season, winning three and drawing three.
Rochdale v Colchester
- Colchester won both meetings with Rochdale last season, the first time either side had done the double in this fixture since the U's won both clashes in 1987/88.
- Ian Henderson netted the winning goal in both meetings between Rochdale and Colchester last season, both goals coming in the closing six minutes of the match.
- Colchester have conceded a joint-league-high five goals in the opening 15 minutes this term.
- 'Dale have conceded more goals in the first half than any other League One side (13).
- Rochdale have only mustered one clean sheet in their last nine league games.
Stevenage v Charlton
- This will be the first ever competitive meeting between these sides.
- Charlton Athletic have conceded the highest proportion of second half goals in League One (70%).
- Charlton have taken more points on their travels than any other League One side this season (16).
- Stevenage have lost their last four league games, the longest current run of its kind in League One.
- Charlton have only conceded three first half goals in the league this term - a league-low.
- The Addicks have also scored a league-high 12 goals in the opening 45 minutes this season.
Tranmere v Oldham
- Oldham have won their last four trips to Prenton Park, all by a single goal margin.
- There have only been four goals scored in the last four meetings between Tranmere and Oldham, though all four came in the two meetings at Prenton Park during this run.
- Tranmere have managed more clean sheets than any other team in League One this season (six).
- Oldham have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight league games.
- Tranmere have only won one of their last seven league games.
Walsall v Preston
- The last four clashes between Walsall and Preston have seen a total of 17 goals netted, for an average of 4.25 goals per game.
- PNE have only won one of their last 14 trips (all comps) to the home of Walsall, a 2-1 win in January 2002.
- Walsall have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in League One (11).
- No side has taken more points from their last six games in League One than Preston (15).
- Walsall, on the other hand, have taken fewer points from the last 18 available than any other side in the division (three).
Yeovil v Carlisle
- Yeovil did the double over Carlisle last season and have won three of their last four against the Cumbrians.
- Only one of the 12 Football League meetings between the Cumbrians and the Glovers has ended in a draw.
- Jonathan Obika netted in both meetings between the sides last season, despite only making his Yeovil debut in March of this year.
- No side has conceded fewer goals in the closing 15 minutes of play than Carlisle this season (one).
- Carlisle have scored in each of their last nine league games but have not scored more than two in any of those games.
Sheffield Utd v Sheffield Wed
- This is only the third ever Steel City Derby played in the third tier of English football and the second at Bramall Lane, the one previous clash at this level at the home of the Blades finished 1-1.
- Wednesday have only won three of their last 27 trips to Bramall Lane in the league, and only once since September 1967.
- The Owls have netted exactly twice in each of their last three trips to face their fierce rivals, but have only come away with the points once (one draw, one defeat).
- Wednesday were 0-3 down at half-time in the last meeting between the sides in S2, eventually losing the game 2-3.
- Wednesday haven't won five consecutive league fixtures since April 2007.
- Gary Madine (10) has scored more goals than any other player in the Football League or Europe's top five leagues this season.
- The Blades have lost three of their last four games, failing to score in all three defeats.