Premier League Opta Facts - 17th & 18th March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
17th & 18th March
Fulham v Swansea City
- The last time Fulham met Swansea in the league at Craven Cottage, both sides were in the fourth tier of English football; Fulham won 2-1.
- Fulham have lost just one and won six of their last eight Premier League games at Craven Cottage.
- Swansea's last six away league games have seen them alternate between wins and losses.
- Fulham are the only team in the Premier League who have not earned a red card this season.
- Swansea have committed the fewest fouls in the top flight this season (233).
- Fulham have recovered the most points (8) from losing positions in home matches this season.
- Fulham have conceded the highest proportion of goals in the last 15 minutes of games of any team in the top flight (41%).
- Pavel Pogrebnyak has scored five goals from just five shots on target in the Premier League for Fulham.
- Clint Dempsey has scored 12 goals in his last 10 appearances at Craven Cottage in all competitions and nine in the last five.
- Ashley Williams has blocked 35 opposition shots this season, more than any other player.
Wigan Athletic v West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom have lost just two of their last eight Premier League away matches.
- Roy Hodgson has already won as many away games (8) with West Brom in 13 months as he did with Liverpool (1) and Fulham (7) combined in three years.
- Wigan have won just one of their last 13 Premier League games (W1 D6 L6).
- Wigan have won three and lost just one of their last five Premier League games against West Brom.
- The Baggies have scored first in six of the seven Premier League meetings between the two sides.
- Three of Wigan's four Premier League wins against West Brom and the one draw have seen the Latics come from behind to earn points.
- West Brom have won 49 games in the Premier League era.
- No team with fewer than 12 points after 14 Premier League home games has ever survived in the Premier League (Wigan have 9).
- Only QPR (15) have dropped more points from winning positions than West Brom (14) this season.
- Wigan have committed a joint-league-high 357 fouls in the Premier League this season (with Everton).
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester United
- Wolves have won just one of their last 14 Premier League games (W1 D5 L8), a run which started with a 1-4 defeat to Manchester United.
- Wayne Rooney has scored seven goals in his last four Premier League matches.
- United have won seven and lost none of their last eight Premier League games.
- Wolves have won two of the seven Premier League meetings with Man Utd, including the last match at Molineux last February (2-1).
- Manchester United have only ever had more points after 28 games once before in Premier League history (69 in 2006-07).
- No team with fewer than 12 points after 14 Premier League home games has ever survived in the Premier League (Wolves have 11).
- Only Arsenal (19) have recouped more points from losing positions than Wolves (14) this season, while Man Utd have recovered fewer (2) than any other team.
- Manchester United have the best chance conversion rate in the Premier League, scoring with 20% of their shots and hitting the target with 53% of their attempts.
- Wolves have conceded more goals from outside the box (15) than any other team.
- Wolves have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than any other team in the Premier League this season (208).
Newcastle United v Norwich City
- Norwich scored four goals from just five shots on target when they beat the Magpies 4-2 at Carrow Road back in December.
- The Canaries are the only team to score three headed goals in a Premier League game this season, when they beat Newcastle 4-2. The last team to score three headers in the same game were Tottenham v West Ham in 2007-08.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last five Premier League games at St James Park, but have drawn the last two.
- Norwich have only lost two of their last seven Premier League away games but those defeats have come in their last three road trips.
- The Canaries have gone 28 games away from home without a Premier league clean sheet in the Premier League dating back to October 2004.
- Only QPR (15) have dropped more points from winning positions than Norwich (14) this season.
- Newcastle have conceded the most penalties (9) in the Premier League, while Norwich have won the fewest (1).
- 74% of the shots on target Newcastle have allowed have been from inside the penalty area, the highest proportion of any team in the top flight.
- Danny Simpson has cleared more shots off the line than any other Premier League player (6).
- Newcastle have conceded the joint-most goals from set pieces this season (17).