Bundesliga Opta Stats - 27-28 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Mainz v Nürnberg
- FCN have lost their last four competitive games at Mainz. The last game they won there was the first BuLi game between the teams on December 11, 2004 (1-0).
- Only five goals have been scored in the last four competitive games between these clubs. The away team has not scored at all in any of these games.
- Mainz have lost their last three Bundesliga home games - while this has happened four times before in their history, this is the first time they have lost three consecutive home games without scoring one goal.
- For the first time this season, Nürnberg have lost two consecutive BL games. They lost four consecutive games not too long ago (MD30 through 33 in 2009/10).
- Dieter Hecking has won three of his four clashes with Mainz - his only draw against them did, however, get him fired from Hannover 96 after the second game of the last season.
- FCN have conceded at least two goals in each of their last four away games.
Bayern v Frankfurt
- Bayern have won five of the last six home games against Frankfurt (one draw).
- Eintracht's last win in Munich was a 2-1 win in November 2000, when Felix Magath was their manager. This remains their only away win over Bayern in the last 34 years.
- 14 of Frankfurt's 20 goals have come away from home - only Dortmund have managed more.
- Bayern are yet to win a league game immediately after playing the Champions League this season (three draws, one defeat). In three of these four games, they have failed to score.
- Frankfurt have won 10 points from their last four away games. The only one they failed to win was a 0-0 draw in Bremen.
- Bayern have won their last three home games, scoring 10 goals in the process. They have the best home record in the league (14 points).
Hamburger SV v VfB Stuttgart
- Hamburg have lost four of their last five matches in all competitions.
- HSV have picked up 10 points from their last four Bundesliga home games.
- Stuttgart are the only Bundesliga team without an away win.
- HSV have scored the most headed goals in the league (seven) while VfB have shipped the most headed goals (nine).
- Ciprian Marica has provided the assist for six of Stuttgart's last nine goals as well as scoring on of the remaining three.
- Hamburg have won more than 54% of their duels, making them the strongest Bundesliga team in this ranking.
1899 Hoffenheim v Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- Leverkusen have won all four of their Bundesliga matches against Hoffenheim.
- Two of Hoffenheim's three highest home defeats in the Bundesliga came against Leverkusen (0-3, 1-4).
- Hoffenheim have failed to score in their last two matches against Leverkusen.
- Bayer have picked up 10 points from their last three games.
- Leverkusen are unbeaten on the road and have won five of their six away games.
- Hoffenheim have converted a league-high 18.3% of their non-blocked shots into goals.
Hannover 96 v SC Freiburg
- Freiburg have never won a Bundesliga match in Hanover (one draw, two defeats).
- Last season, Hanover did the double over Freiburg (5-2, 2-1).
- Freiburg have scored in each of their last 17 Bundesliga games, equaling their club record.
- Freiburg have celebrated all of their victories this season by a one-goal margin (seven in the league, one in the cup).
- Hanover have won only 47% of their duels, Freiburg only 44%, making them the two worst teams in that ranking.
- Hanover have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 16 home matches.
1. FC Kaiserslautern v FC Schalke 04
- Schalke have won eight and lost just one of their last 11 league games against Kaiserslautern.
- FCK have won just one of their last five home games (two draws, two defeats).
- Schalke have lost just one of their last six games (two wins, three draws).
- FCK have scored three goals in each of their last two Bundesliga games.
- Schalke have conceded just three goals in total in their last five league games.
- FCK have already dropped a league-high 14 points from winning positions.
Borussia Dortmund v Borussia Mönchengladbach
- These clubs have a completely balanced record against each other, with each team winning 25 matches (26 draws).
- BVB have won four of the last five Bundesliga clashes with Gladbach; the other game ended in a draw. Mönchengladbach haven't won at Dortmund in over 12 years - the Fohlen won their last game at Dortmund on April 18, 1998 (2-1).
- With 34 points and a +23 goal difference after 13 matches, Dortmund have registered the best-ever Bundesliga performance by a team after the opening 13 games of a season.
- Gladbach have won only one of their last 11 Bundesliga matches (seven losses) and have been stuck in the relegation zone for five match days.
- The top division hasn't seen such ineffective defending since 1998/99, when Gladbach also conceded 36 goals. They finished 18th that season and were relegated.
- Michael Frontzeck hasn't won any of his seven Bundesliga matches against BVB (three draws, four losses). He was fired from Bielefeld after Arminia lost 6-0 at Dortmund in May 2009.
Werder Bremen v St.Pauli
- After seven Bundesliga trips to Bremen, St. Pauli have yet to return home victorious (two draws, five defeats).
- St. Pauli's lone Bundesliga victory over Werder came in their first BL clash on the 6th of August 1977 but was followed by nine straight defeats (four draws).
- Werder haven't won in the BL in four matches, St. Pauli in five - no other team has gone longer than two games without a win.
- Both teams have already failed to score in a league-high five games (same as Bayern and Hannover).
- With 13 goals scored, St. Pauli are the most goal-shy side in the top division.
- Werder have failed to score in three back-to-back BL matches for the first time since February/March 2003 and have conceded 10 goals in the process.
FC Köln v VfL Wolfsburg
- The FC have only won three of their last 14 league games against Wolfsburg (four draws, seven defeats).
- But Cologne have won the last two competitive matches against the Wolves, beating the VfL 3-2 in their last meeting in the league and in the German Cup.
- Since they regained their top-flight status in 2008, Cologne have only won nine of their 40 BL home games (12 draws, 19 defeats) and have scored less than one goal per game on average in the RheinEnerige Stadium (39 goals).
- Wolves have only won one of their last seven BL games (three draws, three defeats). Additionally the VfL have already lost four away games this season. Last season they only suffered their fourth defeat on the road in April.
- 19 of Wolfsburg's 21 BL goals this season have been scored by Edin Dzeko (nine goals), Grafite (seven goals) and Diego (three goals).