Championship Opta Facts - December 30th and 31st
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.Championship Opta Facts - December 30-31
Southampton v Bristol City
- Bristol City have won four of their last five league games against Southampton.
- City scored two goals from just three shots on target when they beat Saints at Ashton Gate. Back in November.
- Saints have won 11 and lost only two home games against Bristol City, with the two victories by the Robins being by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Southampton are undefeated at St Mary's this term.
- Bristol City have conceded more goals to substitutes (eight) than any other team in the Championship.
- The Saints have dropped just two points at home all season, drawing 2-2 with Blackpool.
Leicester City v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth have won two and lost none of the last three meetings with the Foxes, all in the Championship.
- David Nugent has scored in each of the last three meetings between Portsmouth and Leicester, last season in both games as a Pompey player and this season in Leicester colours.
- Portsmouth have won two and lost two of their last five trips to Leicester to play the Foxes.
- A league-high 29% of the goals Pompey have conceded have come in the opening 15 minutes.
- Pompey are the only second-tier side yet to concede a goal to a substitute.
- The Foxes have only won one of their last six league games.
Barnsley v Leeds United
- Barnsley scored two goals from just two shots on target in their 2-1 win over Leeds at Elland Road in November.
- Both sides have scored in the last seven league meetings between Leeds and Barnsley and combined they have netted a total of 33 goals in those games.
- There have been 17 goals scored in the last three meetings between the two sides at Oakwell.
- There have been red cards in the last two league meetings between Leeds and Barnsley.
- There has been a goal scored in the opening three minutes of three of the last four matches between Barnsley and Leeds.
- Since failing to net in their opening home game, the Tykes have netted in 11 consecutive games at Oakwell.
Derby County v West Ham United
- Derby have won only one of their last 16 matches against West Ham.
- West Ham have won four and lost none of their last seven league trips to Derby.
- Despite the Hammers recent good run of form over the Rams, the league record is even with both sides having won 22 games and drawn 23.
- Carlton Cole has scored in both of his last two games against Derby.
- The Hammers have netted more goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other team in the Championship (nine).
- Derby, conversely, are the only team in the division yet to score in the closing 15 minutes.
Millwall v Crystal Palace
- Palace have failed to score in their last three games against Millwall.
- The Lions are unbeaten in their last eight league encounters with Palace, winning four and drawing four.
- Millwall have won three and lost none of their last five home matches against the Eagles.
- The Lions have won four and lost one of their last six home league games.
- Despite that, Millwall have only scored one goal in their last four league games combined.
- The Eagles have lost four of their last five away league games, winning the other 1-0 at struggling Nottingham Forest.
Watford v Doncaster Rovers
- Five of the last seven meetings between Doncaster and Watford have finished as draws, including the last three in a row.
- Doncaster won their first ever trip to Watford in the league, lost the next four and the last three have all ended as draws.
- Watford's unbeaten run of seven games is the longest of its kind in the Championship currently.
- Rovers have lost their last four away games on the trot.
- The Hornets have, however, drawn five of their last six in the league.
- The South Yorkshire strugglers have not kept a clean sheet on the road all season, and have conceded at least two in their last seven.
Birmingham v Blackpool
- Blackpool scored two goals from just two shots on target when they drew 2-2 with Birmingham back in November.
- Birmingham have scored exactly two goals in each of the last three meetings with Blackpool.
- Blackpool have won one and lost five of the last six trips to play Birmingham City in all competitions.
- Birmingham preserved their unbeaten record at home this season with a 1-1 draw against West Ham last time out.
- The Blues have gone longer without a clean sheet (nine games) than any other side in the Championship currently.
- Blackpool have only lost one of their last nine league games.
Burnley v Hull City
- Burnley have won the last five games against Hull City.
- Hull have failed to score in four of their last five matches at Turf Moor.
- Burnley have won seven and lost one of their last eight home games against the Tigers, with Hull's win coming after the Clarets had a man sent off.
- Turf Moor has seen more goals in the closing 15 minutes than any other Championship ground (12).
- It has now been 12 games since Hull City's last draw.
- It has also been 16 games, since a game involving Burnley ended with the spoils being shared.
Coventry City v Brighton
- Brighton managed just two shots on target in their 2-1 win over Coventry back in November.
- Brighton have only won one of the last eight games against Coventry, but that was the game played on the south coast earlier this season.
- Brighton have lost three of their last four visits to Coventry and failed to score in three of the last four too.
- The Seagulls have lost four of their last five on the road, winning the other at Derby 1-0.
- Gus Poyet's side have lost their last three league games overall without netting a single goal.
- The Sky Blues ended a run of 11 games without a win with a 1-0 triumph over fellow relegation battlers Bristol City on Boxing Day.
Middlesbrough v Peterborough United
- Peterborough have only won one of the seven league meetings with Middlesbrough.
- The two sides have already met twice this season, with the Teessiders winning at London Road in the Carling Cup and drawing in the league.
- There have only been four goals scored in the last four meetings between Middlesbrough and Peterborough on Teesside.
- Middlesbrough have won five and lost none of the seven home games against the Posh.
- ‘Boro have won their last four league games, the longest run of its kind in the second tier.
- Posh have scored in their last 15 league games, the longest current run of its kind in the second tier.
Nottingham Forest v Cardiff City
- Forest have failed to score in five of their last seven home games against the Bluebirds.
- This lack of goals partly explains the fact that last season's victory is their only three-point success in those seven games.
- Only four of the last 14 meetings between Forest and Cardiff have ended as home wins.
- The Bluebirds have now drawn three consecutive away games.
- Forest have not won in six league games, the longest current winless streak in the Championship.
- The Tricky Trees have gone 540 minutes of league football without scoring.
Reading v Ipswich
- Reading scored three goals from just four shots on target when they beat Ipswich at Portman Road earlier this season.
- The Royals were 1-2 down going into injury time, but two late goals turned the result on its head.
- Reading have won their last three games against Ipswich.
- There have been seven goals scored in the 86th minute or later in the last four meetings between Ipswich and Reading.
- The last game at the Madejski saw both sides pick up a red card.
- Ipswich have won just one of their last seven trips to Berkshire to play the Royals.
- The Royals have kept three consecutive clean sheets.