Championship Opta Facts - January 8-10
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
West Bromwich Albion v Nottingham Forest
- The away side has won on the last four occasions that West Brom and Forest have met in the league.
- At least one team has failed to find the net in each of the last nine meetings between the two teams in all competitions.
- Three of West Brom's four defeats in the Championship this season have come at home.
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in 16 Championship matches, the longest such run in the English second tier since Sunderland managed 17 in April 2007.
- Forest have drawn five of their last six on the road in the league.
- Billy Davies' men have kept three consecutive clean sheets away from home in the Championship.
Cardiff v Blackpool
- The Bluebirds are unbeaten in six meetings at home to Blackpool, winning the last three.
- Peter Whittingham has been on the scoresheet on the last two occasions that Blackpool have travelled to Cardiff.
- Cardiff have won only one of their last four league matches at the Cardiff City Stadium.
- After scoring 11 goals in his opening 10 Championship matches of the campaign, Michael Chopra has not scored in 12 league appearances since September.
- This is the Seasiders' fourth consecutive away match in the league: they have won two of the last three.
Coventry v Barnsley
- Coventry are unbeaten in 10 consecutive meetings with Barnsley.
- The Sky Blues have won six of their last seven matches at home to Barnsley, drawing the other.
- After going on a run of six league matches without a win at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry have now won their last two there in a row.
- Freddy Eastwood has bagged four goals in his last four league appearances.
- The Tykes are unbeaten in eight in the league.
- All but one of Barnsley's 11 Championship goals since October have come in the second half.
Crystal Palace v Bristol City
- Bristol City have won four of their last five meetings with Crystal Palace.
- However, Palace have won their last four league clashes with City on home soil (excluding play-offs).
- Palace have suffered only one reversal in their last nine league matches at Selhurst Park.
- In their last 13 league matches, if the Eagles have scored then either Darren Ambrose or Victor Moses has been on the scoresheet.
- Bristol City have picked up only one win from their last 10 league matches.
Derby v Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe have won their last two meetings with Derby by a score of 3-2.
- The last four meetings between Derby and Scunthorpe have produced a total of 22 goals.
- The Rams have met the Iron 17 times in the league, with games averaging 4.2 goals: none of them have seen fewer than two.
- Derby have scored just one goal in their last five league outings combined.
- The Iron have not scored more than once in a league match in their last 10 attempts.
Middlesbrough v Swansea
- Swansea have picked up only one win in their last 10 league meetings with Boro.
- Middlesbrough won 3-0 last time out at home in the league, ending a run of four matches without a win on their own turf.
- Following the first match of the season at the Riverside in the league, if Boro have scored twice or more they have won (four times), if they have scored once they have drawn (once) and if they have failed to score they have lost (six times).
- Swansea have lost only one of their last nine away matches in the league.
- Darren Pratley has scored each of the Swans' last three goals in the Championship and is the only player to have scored for Swansea in their last five league matches.
Preston v Doncaster
- Preston are unbeaten in seven successive clashes (all competitions) with Doncaster.
- Chris Brown has opened the scoring in the Lilywhites' last two meetings with Rovers.
- Preston have picked up all three points in only one of their last 10 league outings.
- The Lilywhites have failed to score in four of their last five Championship matches and in six of their last eight.
- Doncaster have won four of their last five league matches, conceding only one goal in this period.
- Billy Sharp has scored Rovers' first goal in six of their last seven league matches: they failed to score in the other game.
QPR v Plymouth
- The last three meetings between Plymouth and QPR have ended in a draw.
- The Hoops are without a win in 10 matches against Plymouth, and have failed to score in their last two meetings at Loftus Road.
- QPR have picked up only one win from their last eight league games.
- The Hoops have not kept a clean sheet in 13 outings in the Championship.
- After going on a run of five straight defeats in the league, the Pilgrims have now won their last two matches.
Reading v Newcastle
- The away side has never won in all 11 meetings between Newcastle and Reading.
- Shola Ameobi bagged a hat-trick in the two sides' meeting at St James' Park earlier this season, and has scored seven goals in eight league appearances so far in 2009/10.
- Reading have the poorest home record in the Championship this season, taking only nine points from 12 games at Madjeski Stadium.
- The Royals have only failed to score once in their last 13 league matches, but have kept only one clean sheet in this period.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 11 league matches, but have drawn three of their last four.
- The Magpies have kept six clean sheets in their last eight league outings.
Sheffield Wednesday v Peterborough
- The Owls are unbeaten in their last six league meetings with the Posh.
- Peterborough have scored a total of only two goals in their last five trips to Sheffield Wednesday.
- The Owls are without a win in 11 league matches.
- Wednesday have failed to score in six of their last seven Championship clashes.
- Peterborough have scored at least twice in five of their last six league games.
Watford v Sheffield United
- Sheffield United have won their last three matches with Watford.
- The Hornets have scored only three goals in their last seven clashes with the Blades.
- Watford have not scored in their last two league matches at Vicarage Road.
- The Blades have suffered only one defeat in their last nine matches in the Championship.
Leicester v Ipswich
- Leicester are unbeaten in their last four matches at home to Ipswich, winning their last two.
- In 17 league matches since August, only once have Leicester failed to find the net.
- Leicester have scored a goal in the final minute in three of their last five league games at the Walkers Stadium.
- Ipswich have only been defeated once in their last 12 league matches.
- Jon Stead has scored three goals in his last three league appearances.