Europa League Opta Facts - Match Day 2
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
FC Utrecht v Liverpool
- FC Utrecht have never met an English side, though one of their predecessors, DOS, played against Sheffield Wednesday and West Brom, losing three times and drawing once.
- Liverpool lost their first-ever game against a Dutch side in 1966, but are unbeaten in 11 meetings with them since, winning the last five.
- FC Utrecht have lost five of their last six games in European competition.
- The Reds have drawn none of their last 11 matches in Europe, winning seven and losing four.
- Liverpool have lost their last three European matches away from home (not including qualifiers).
- In all competitions, the Reds have won just three of their last 13 away games, one at Burnley and two in Europa League qualifying.
- Liverpool were one of only five teams not to find a team-mate with a single cross or corner in the first round of Europa League games this season.
- Utrecht have won their three games at home in the Dutch league this season, but lost the four on the road.
- The Dutch side are on a run of eight consecutive home wins in all competitions.
- Having netted five goals in Europa League matches (including qualifiers), David Ngog is the joint-top scoring Premier League player in all competitions this season (seven).
Manchester City v Juventus
- City have never lost at home in 23 matches in European competition (excl. qualifiers) against non-English sides, and have won their last four.
- The Citizens have won their two previous matches at home to Italian opponents: beating Juventus 1-0 in 1976 and AC Milan 3-0 in 1978.
- Roberto Mancini's men have kept seven clean sheets in their 10 matches in all competitions this season.
- Mancini won just one of his five home meetings with Juve as a manager in Serie A.
- Juventus have won none of their last nine matches in England in European competition, losing eight, including the 4-1 defeat at Fulham last season.
- Juve won their two Europa League qualifiers away from home, though aside from that have lost seven of their last nine competitive matches on the road in all competitions.
- Carlos Tevez is the only City player to have scored more than once this season (four goals in all competitions).
- City made more successful passes than any team in the opening round of Europa League matches (465).
- The Citizens were also the only side not to concede a single shot on target.
- No player created more chances (6) or had more shots on target (4) than Alessandro Del Piero in the opening round of matches.
* PLEASE NOTE ALL FACTS EXCLUDE QUALIFYING GAMES UNLESS STATED