French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 29-31 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arles-Avignon - Paris SG
- Paris SG won 4-0 in the first leg, their biggest league win so far this season.
- Arles-Avignon have just picked up eight points, this is the second-lowest tally ever at this stage of the competition (converting all seasons to the three-point rule).
- Arles-Avignon have the worst goal difference (-30) at this stage of the competition since Bordeaux in 1959/60.
- Arles-Avignon have failed to score in any of their last four league matches, this is the longest goal-drought by any team this season in Ligue 1.
- The three competitive encounters between these two sides have produced 15 goals.
- PSG are unbeaten on Saturdays this season in Ligue 1, winning six matches and drawing once.
- PSG have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 11 league matches, currently the longest run.
Caen - Auxerre
- Caen have won just one of their last 12 league encounters against Auxerre.
- Auxerre have failed to win any of their last seven league fixtures, drawing six and losing one.
- Auxerre have drawn 1-1 in each of their last five league games, equalling the longest ever run of identical score lines in French top-flight history.
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last seven away league games, two wins followed by five draws, setting a league record this season.
- Auxerre have kept a league-low two clean sheets this term.
- Despite having drawn the most times (12), Auxerre have yet to draw 0-0 in the league this season.
- 11 of the 14 matches Auxerre played on a Saturday this season have ended in a draw.
Lorient - Brest
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last seven competitive encounters against Brest, winning five and drawing two.
- Brest have failed to score in their last six competitive matches against Lorient.
- Brest have failed to win any of their last five league matches, their worst run this season.
- Lorient have not lost any of their last seven home games in Ligue 1, winning five and drawing two.
- Lorient are the only unbeaten side in Brittany derbies this season (0-0 v Brest and 2-0 v Rennes).
- Lorient have failed to score in any of their last three league fixtures, their longest goal-drought since 2007/08.
- Brest have picked up the fewest yellow cards this term in Ligue 1 and have yet to receive a red card.
St Etienne - Toulouse
- The first leg saw Toulouse fail to register a single shot on target, this was the only time it happened to TFC this season in the league.
- Toulouse have avoided defeat in each of their last three trips to the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in Ligue 1, winning one and drawing two.
- St Etienne are the only team who have scored in all of their home games this season in Ligue 1.
- However Toulouse are the last visiting side who managed to keep a clean sheet at St Etienne in the league, winning 1-0 on 8th May 2010.
- The 20 league matches involving Toulouse have produced only one red card (for either side), a league-low this season.
- None of the last nine league matches involving Toulouse have ended in a draw, currently the longest run in the league.
Sochaux - Rennes
- Rennes have failed to win any of their last nine trips to Sochaux in Ligue 1 (losing six and drawing three).
- All three goals netted in the first leg came from defenders.
- Rennes have conceded just one goal in their last six league matches.
- Alexander Tettey has scored four goals in his last three competitive appearances for Rennes after failing to find the net in his first 32.
- Out of the 10 away sides that travelled to Sochaux this season in Ligue 1, only current leaders Lille have managed to keep a clean sheet.
- Rennes have conceded just 12 goals this season, the best defensive record by any team at this stage of the competition since Nancy in 2007/08 (11 goals conceded after 20 games).
- Sochaux defender David Sauget is the only Ligue 1 outfield player who has yet to receive a single card despite having been on the pitch during all 20 match days.
Valenciennes - Lyon
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last 13 league games, setting a Ligue 1 record this season.
- The last two league encounters between these teams have ended in draws; Lyon opened the scoring on both occasions.
- Lyon have conceded four goals in their last two trips to the Nungesser stadium.
- All of the last four goals Lyon have scored away from home in the league have come from Lisandro.
- Valenciennes have lost five of their last six competitive matches.
- Valenciennes have picked up three red cards in their last two competitive matches.
- Bafetimbi Gomis has netted four goals in his five starts against Valenciennes in Ligue 1.
- Claude Puel has made more substitutions than any other manager this season in Ligue 1.
- Gael Danic is completing his most prolific season in the French top flight with six goals scored.
Lille - Lens
- Lille are unbeaten in their last seven derbies against Lens in Ligue 1, winning five and drawing two.
- Lille are completing their best season since 1949/50 (they had 45 points after 20 games, applying the three-point rule to all seasons).
- Lille are unbeaten in their last 10 league games, winning seven and drawing three.
- Lens have been defeated in each of their last three trips to Lille in the league.
- Rudi Garcia has never lost a Ligue 1 match against Lens as a manager, winning four and drawing two.
- Lille have lost just five of their 48 home league matches under current manager Rudi Garcia.
- Lille are one win away from their 500th Ligue 1 victory.
- Lens have won their two league games under new manager Laszlo Bölöni, managing to complete two consecutive wins for the first time this season in Ligue 1.
- Vedran Runje has conceded more goals than any other Ligue 1 goalkeeper this season.
- Two Lens players were sent off in the first leg, a league record in a match this season.
- Pierre-Alain Frau scored a brace after coming off the bench in the first leg; he remains the only substitute to have scored twice in a league game this season.
Bordeaux - Nice
- Nice have lost 19 of their last 21 trips to Bordeaux in the top flight, their last league win occurred in September 1977.
- Nice have lost more Ligue 1 games at Bordeaux than at any other away ground (33).
- Bordeaux have failed to win any of their last six league games, drawing five and losing one.
- Bordeaux have opened the scoring just three times at home this season in the league, conceding the first goal of the game on six occasions.
- The last three league games at the Chaban-Delmas stadium have all been draws.
- A league-high 60% of Bordeaux goals this term have come from set piece situations.
- Nice have found the net in just half of their league games this season.
- Bordeaux have scored the latest goal in a league game this season, Anthony Modeste netting a penalty in the first leg against Nice after 95 minutes and 58 seconds.
- Nice are the only team having won two league games coming back from a losing position this season (against Lorient and St Etienne).
Nancy - Montpellier
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last five competitive encounters against Montpellier, winning three and drawing two.
- Montpellier have scored just seven goals from open play this season, a joint league-low.
- Nancy and Montpellier have between themselves picked up nine red cards this season in Ligue 1.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last four home games in Ligue 1, winning three and drawing one, their longest undefeated run in the league since the installation of their new artificial grass pitch.
- Montpellier are the only team in the top half of the table with a negative goal difference.
- Nancy goalkeeper Damien Gregorini has saved the two penalties he has faced this season in the league.
- Djamel Bakar has scored twice in his three Ligue 1 appearances against Montpellier.
- Olivier Giroud has scored the winning goal in four matches, a Ligue 1 record this season shared with Moussa Sow (Lille) and Victor Montaño (Rennes)
Monaco - Marseille
- Marseille have won all of their last four trips to Monaco in Ligue 1.
- The last two league encounters between these two teams have seen three own goals.
- Monaco have conceded a league-high four own goals this season.
- A league-high 75% of the goals netted by Monaco this season in the league have come after the half-time break.
- Monaco are currently enduring their worst Ligue 1 season since 1971/72 (also 20 points after 20 games, applying the three-point rule to all seasons), at the end of which they were relegated.
- Laurent Banide lost both of his league matches against Marseille in his previous spell as Monaco manager (2006/07).
- Monaco have scored only one first-half goal at the Louis II stadium this season in Ligue 1.
- Since the arrival of Brandao, Marseille have won 61% of their league games with him, and only 47% without him.
- Monaco striker Chu-Young Park has scored a league-high five goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season.