German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 26th - 28th February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
FC Schalke 04 v Borussia Dortmund
- Dortmund have in each of their last 10 outings, only Wolfsburg (11) and Bayern (12) are on a longer scoring run.
- Jurgen Klopp has never managed to beat Felix Magath as a Bundesliga manager (two draws and six defeats).
- S04 have kept most clean sheets this season (12). Their defence have only conceded 71 shots on goal, the second-fewest behind Leverkusen.
- BVB have only won two of their last 22 games against S04 (nine Schalke wins, 11 draws). Dortmund haven't won any of the last five derbies (two draws, three defeats) and last managed to beat Schalke in 2006/07.
Hertha BSC v 1899 Hoffenheim
- Hoffenheim have lost their last four away games.
- Hertha are ranked seventh in the 2010 league table. They have taken three points more (nine) in six games in 2010 than in the whole first part of the campaign (six points in 17 games).
- This is the first time since matchday four that Hoffenheim are out of the top 10 in the league.
- Hertha have won only one game at home this season.
1. FSV Mainz 05 v Werder Bremen
- Only two sides have scored more goals than Werder in the Bundesliga (46) this term.
- Bremen have conceded at least one goal in each of their last eight league outings.
- FSV are undefeated on home turf this season (seven wins, four draws) but have only won two of their last five home games.
- The previous record between FSV and Werder clearly favors Bremen, who have won five of their seven meetings (one draw, one defeat). The last five games between the clubs were won by Werder.
VfB Stuttgart v Eintracht Frankfurt
- Stuttgart have won four times as often as Frankfurt in games between the two sides at Stuttgart (24 wins to six wins, nine draws).
- Since Christian Gross took over at Stuttgart (at the beginning of December), VfB have picked up 19 points from their eight matches. Only Bayern have accrued more points in this period (22).
- Since their 4-0 defeat at Leverkusen, Frankfurt haven't lost an away game (two wins, three draws), their best run of away form in two years. If they remain undefeated in the game at Stuttgart, it will be their best unbeaten sequence on the road since 2006.
- The 5-1 victory at Cologne was Stuttgart's biggest win this season. The VfB last scored five goals in an away game almost six years ago at Wolfsburg: 5-1 (April 3, 2004).
Borussia M'gladbach v SC Freiburg
- Borussia have won four of their last five home games (one defeat).
- Freiburg have not scored in 11 games this season, a league high.
- Freiburg have only won one of the eight Bundesliga games played at Gladbach.
- SCF have only taken one point from the last seven games.
VfL Bochum v 1. FC Nurnberg
- Only one of the 41 league encounters between the two sides has ended goalless.
- No side have scored fewer goals away than Nurnberg (nine, like Koln).
- Bochum are one of three teams not to have lost in 2010.
- VfL have only taken 11 points at home, four fewer than away (15).
Bayer Leverkusen v 1. FC Koln
- Koln have scored just one goal in their last eight BL games against Leverkusen. This came in September 2005 from Patrick Helmes, now a Leverkusen player.
- Bayer are just short of two Bundesliga records: going unbeaten in the first 24 games of a season and going 24 consecutive games unbeaten in one season.
- Koln have taken 64% of their points (16 of 25) away from home, the highest proportion in the league.
- Bayer have won their last six home games and have the best home record in the league this season (nine wins, two draws).
Hannover 96 v VfL Wolfsburg
- In their last eight matches Hannover have shipped an average of 3.25 goals per game.
- Hannover have picked up just one point from their last 12 BL games losing their last eight in a row, something that has happened to them just once before: in 1985/86 they lost nine in a row.
- Wolfsburg and Hannover, having conceded 45 goals each, have the league's worst defences.
- Wolfsburg's last four meetings with Hannover have all resulted in victory, scoring 14 goals in the process.
Bayern Munchen v Hamburger SV
- This will be the 100th competitive meeting between Hamburg and Bayern. Bayern have won 57, Hamburg 21 and there have been 21 draws.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last 16 league games. Their last defeat came against HSV (0-1).
- The last time Bayern went 16 games unbeaten was in 2005/06. That run began after a 0-2 defeat to HSV and was brought to an end when HSV won 2-1 in Munich.
- Bayern have not beaten Hamburg in six attempts (three draws, three defeats) and have won just one of the last nine league games against them. They have not won any of their last four games against them at home.