League One Opta Facts - 7 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Southampton v Plymouth
- Southampton have failed to score in their last three games against Plymouth.
- Plymouth are unbeaten in five against the Saints, winning two and drawing three.
- Southampton scored three or more goals in nine of their home games in 2009-10.
- Relegated Plymouth won six away games last season, as many as promoted Blackpool.
Carlisle v Brentford
- Brentford won both of their games against Carlisle 3-1 last season, with Myles Weston grabbing a brace in both matches.
- Carlisle have lost three of their last four home matches against Brentford.
- Carlisle have kept only one clean sheet in their last nine League One games.
- The Bees drew six of their last nine games in 2009-10.
Charlton v Bournemouth
- These sides have not met since the 1999/2000 season when they met in the League Cup, drawing 0-0 twice before Bournemouth progressed on penalties.
- Charlton have not won any of their last four home league games against Bournemouth, however this record dates back to 1935.
- Charlton's last eight regular season games of 2009-10 produced a total of only 10 goals.
- Promoted Bournemouth lost as many away games as they won in 2009-10 (9).
Exeter v Colchester
- Last season Stuart Fleetwood and Ryan Harley both scored for Exeter in both league games against Colchester (a 2-0 win and 2-2 draw).
- There has only been one home win in the last five meetings between these sides.
- Exeter drew 10 home games in 2009-10, only Brentford (12) drew more in League One.
- Colchester have lost their last seven League One away games in a row.
- The U's won only two of their last 14 league games in 2009-10 to slip from third to eighth.
Notts County v Huddersfield
- County are undefeated in their last five home games against Huddersfield, winning four of these.
- These two sides have not shared a goalless draw since 1924, a run of 23 games in all competitions.
- Notts County scored 58 goals at home in 2009-10, more than any other side in the Football League.
- County only lost one of their 23 home games in 2009-10.
- Huddersfield lost 11 away games in League One last season, as many as relegated Wycombe Wanderers.
Peterborough v Bristol Rovers
- The draw has been the most common result in the 28 league meetings between these sides, there have been 10 draws and nine wins apiece.
- Peterborough won both encounters in 2008/09, 5-4 at home and 1-0 away.
- Peterborough have lost their last five league home games in succession.
- Rovers lost 15 away games in League One last season, more than any non-relegated side.
Rochdale v Hartlepool
- This will be the 140th meeting between these sides in all competitions, Rochdale have won 54 and Hartlepool 49.
- Rochdale are unbeaten in six home games against Hartlepool in all competitions, winning four.
- Rochdale won only one of their last nine league games in 2009-10 but still clung onto an automatic promotion spot.
- Hartlepool avoided relegation on goal difference alone and won only four of their 23 away games in 2009-10.
Sheffield Wednesday v Dagenham & Redbridge
- These two sides have never met before.
- Wednesday have gone eight league games without keeping a clean sheet.
- Seven of Sheffield Wednesday's last 11 league games have been draws.
- Dagenham won four of their last five league games in 2009-10 to sneak into the playoffs in seventh place.
- The Daggers scored more than two goals in an away game only twice last season.
Swindon v Brighton
- These two sides have met 100 times before in the league, with Swindon winning the last three in a row.
- Swindon have lost three of their last four home games against Brighton (including play-offs).
- Swindon lost only two of their 23 League One home games in 2009-10.
- Brighton won more away games (8) than they did at home (7) in 2009-10.
- Albion kept six clean sheets in their last 11 league games in 2009-10.
Tranmere v Oldham
- In five of the last six meeting between these teams, the side playing at home has failed to score.
- Tranmere have lost their last three home games against Oldham 1-0.
- Tranmere won their last two league games of 2009-10 to avoid relegation, their only back-to-back wins of the season.
- Only three of their home games in 2009-10 ended as a draw.
- Oldham have gone 227 minutes without a league goal.
Walsall v MK Dons
- Walsall have only won one of their last five home games against MK Dons, 2-1 last season.
- Walsall conceded exactly one goal in seven of their last eight league games in 2009-10.
- The Saddlers have kept only one clean sheet in their last 18 league games.
- MK Dons lost 12 away games in 2009-10, the second highest total in the top half of the table.
- The Dons failed to win any of their last 11 league games in 2009-10.
Yeovil v Leyton Orient
- Yeovil are without a win in their last three games at home to Orient.
- Scott McGleish scored in both matches between the sides last season.
- Only one league game at Huish Park last season ended goalless.
- Orient ended last season having won none of their last 10 away games in League One.