League One Opta Facts - December 30th and 31st
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League One Opta Facts - December 30-31
Huddersfield v Carlisle
- The sides met five times in all competitions last season with Huddersfield coming out on top on three occasions.
- The Terriers are unbeaten against Carlisle in their five previous league meetings, winning three and drawing two.
- Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes has scored all of his team's last seven goals in their last five matches.
- A league-high 69% of Carlisle's scored goals have come in the second half.
- The Cumbrians have gained the most points from losing positions in League One this season (14).
Tranmere v Bury
- This will be the first league meeting between the sides since 2002, though the sides have met in various cup competitions five times since then (three wins for Tranmere, two for Bury).
- None of the last eight meetings between the sides in all competitions have ended in draws.
- Only Stevenage have conceded fewer goals in the opening 15 minutes than the Rovers this season (1).
- Bury have scored more goals in their away games (18) than at home (12).
- The Shakers have found the net in each of their last nine league games.
Colchester v Exeter City
- The U's have lost once in their last seven home matches against Exeter, winning three.
- Four players have seen red in the previous six meetings between the sides.
- All of Colchester's four last home games have seen no fewer than five goals.
- Exeter have only one win in their last seven league matches.
- No other side has scored fewer away goals in the League One this season than Exeter (9).
Preston v Sheffield Wednesday
- Preston are unbeaten against Wednesday in their previous four meetings, three of which have ended in a draw.
- Preston striker Neil Mellor found the net in his last two appearances against Wednesday, before joining the Owls on loan last season.
- Wednesday have failed to leave Deepdale with three points in their last eight visits to Lancashire.
- Preston have scored a league-high of seven goals in the opening 15 minutes this season.
- Wednesday have just ended their unbeaten run of six league games with an away defeat to Walsall.
Scunthorpe v Chesterfield
- Scunthorpe are unbeaten against Chesterfield in their previous five meetings at Glanford Park in all competitions.
- The Iron have won three consecutive matches versus Chesterfield (in all competitions) and conceded only one goal in that time.
- Scunthorpe have only won 30% of games where they have the lead, a league-low percentage this season.
- Chesterfield are now on the longest run without a win in League One this season (13 matches).
- The Spireites have failed to keep a clean sheet since September 13th, having conceded in each of their last 14 consecutive league games.
Sheffield United v Hartlepool
- United remain unbeaten against Hartlepool in the league having last met in 1982, where they triumphed 3-2.
- Pool have never won at Bramall Lane and only found the net once in three attempts (in all competitions).
- Sheffield United have scored a total of 26 home goals this season, a league-high.
- Pool have lost four of their last five league games, though they did win the other.
- Hartlepool have lost four points from winning positions this season, a joint league-low with MK Dons, Oldham and Stevenage.
Walsall v Rochdale
- Walsall have failed to overcome Rochdale in their last four attempts (in all competitions), losing once.
- Walsall have won three and drawn as many in their last six matches against Rochdale at the Bescot Stadium.
- Three of last eight meetings between the Saddlers and Dale have ended goalless.
- The Saddlers' defender Andy Butler has been shown two red cards this season, more than any other League One player.
- Rochdale have only one win in their last 10 league games.
Brentford v MK Dons
- Brentford have failed to beat MK Dons in their last four attempts.
- The Dons have won on two of their last three visits to Griffin Park in the league, drawing the other.
- There have been two red cards in the last three meetings between the sides.
- Only Notts County have scored more penalty goals than Brentford (4).
- MK Dons have managed to win a league-high 86% of games where they have had a lead.
Oldham v Notts County
- Oldham have triumphed in three of their last five games against County in all competitions at Boundary Park scoring three or more goals in each victory.
- Two red cards have been shown in the last four meetings between the sides.
- The Latics have scored the highest percentage of their goals in the first half (61%) in League One this season.
- Notts County have scored a league-high of 11 goals in the closing 15 minutes.
- County have conceded in all of their last 10 league games, having only managed to win one of their last nine.
Wycombe v Stevenage
- Wycombe and Stevenage met for the first time in the Football League last season with both sides triumphing away from home.
- Wanderers have been trailing in 16 games this season, a joint-league high with Chesterfield.
- Only Preston have scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes (7) than Wycombe (6).
- Stevenage have drawn five games with a 0-0 scoreline, more than any other team in the League One this season.
Yeovil Town v Bournemouth
- Bournemouth are unbeaten against Yeovil in five matches in all competitions, winning four.
- The Cherries have failed to win at Huish Park in five attempts in all competitions, though.
- Only Scunthorpe have lost more points from winning positions at home (15) than Yeovil (13).
- Yeovil have been shown three red cards in their last 10 league games combined.
- Bournemouth have only lost once in their last eight league games, having kept four clean sheets in six.
Leyton Orient v Charlton
- Charlton have won four of their last five matches against Orient in all competitions.
- Charlton will be glad to see the back of Scott McGleish. The former Orient striker found the net against the Addicks on each of their last three meetings, before joining Bristol Rovers.
- Leyton Orient have only scored one goal in the opening 15 minutes, a joint league-low with Bournemouth this season.
- The O's have only twice netted more than one goal at home this season.
- League One second top-scorer Bradley Wright-Phillips has only netted once in his last seven games in all competitions, though that was a winning goal in an away match at another of the Addicks' London rivals (Brentford).