Premier League Opta Facts - 21-23 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts - August 21-23
Arsenal v Blackpool
- Arsenal have kept six clean sheets and conceded only one goal in their last seven league games at the Emirates.
- The last meeting between Arsenal and Blackpool was in the 1999-2000 FA Cup when Arsenal won 3-1 in a 3rd Round tie played before Christmas.
- Arsenal have scored in the last 20 minutes in 14 of their last 15 games at the Emirates.
- The last time Blackpool were in the top flight, the Gunners won both league encounters 1-0 en route to the league & cup double in 1970-71.
- The Gunners are unbeaten in their last six matches against Blackpool in league and cup.
- Blackpool have scored in each of their last 13 games (inc. playoff matches).
Birmingham City v Blackburn Rovers
- The last eight meetings in all competitions between Blackburn and Birmingham have all ended as home wins.
- Birmingham have scored eight goals against Blackburn in their last four league meetings, five of which have come from Cameron Jerome.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last 15 Premier League games at St Andrews.
- There were only 32 goals scored at St Andrews in 2009-10, fewer than at any other Premier League ground last season.
- Rovers have failed to score more than once in an away game since November 2009 and in that run of 13 games have scored only eight times.
- Blackburn have kept three clean sheets in their last four Premier League away outings.
Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- The two meetings between Everton and Wolves last season ended as draws.
- Wolves have only won four of their 38 Premier League away games, though all of these came last season.
- The Toffees are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League matches at Goodison Park, winning nine of the last 10.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last six matches in all competitions at home against Wolves.
- Wolves last win away at Everton came in 1979 when Andy Gray netted on his debut for the Midlands side.
- Wolves have lost only two of their last 11 Premier League games.
Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur
- Stoke have won only one of their last seven Premier League games at the Britannia Stadium.
- Spurs have conceded a total of 10 goals in their last four Premier League away matches.
- There have been three red cards and three penalties in the two Premier League meetings between Stoke and Spurs at the Britannia Stadium.
- Five of the six Premier League goals Tottenham have scored against Stoke have come before the 47th minute.
- Eight of Tottenham's last 12 league goals have come before half-time.
- Eight of Stoke's last nine Premier League home games have been under 3.5 goals.
West Bromwich Albion v Sunderland
- Sunderland have won just one of their last 18 Premier League away matches.
- West Brom have kept only one clean sheet in their last eight home games at Premier League level, but that came in a 3-0 win over Sunderland.
- The Baggies have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League games.
- Sunderland have kept only one clean sheet in their last 11 league games.
- Darren Bent has scored 15 opening goals in the Premier League since the start of last season.
- The Baggies were undefeated in their final 10 home games in the Championship last season.
West Ham United v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton have won the last six meetings with West Ham in all competitions.
- Kevin Davies has now scored eight goals in his last 10 appearances against West Ham in all competitions.
- Bolton have failed to score in eight of their last 10 Premier League away games - they won both the other two by a 2-1 scoreline.
- The Trotters have found the net in 15 consecutive meetings with West Ham in the Premier League.
- The Hammers have never failed to score against Bolton at home in the Premier League (nine games).
- West Ham have only failed to score in one of their last eight Premier League games at Upton Park.
Wigan Athletic v Chelsea
- Wigan won this fixture last season, one of three home wins against ‘Big Four' opposition.
- Chelsea have never failed to score in their five Premier League trips to the DW Stadium.
- Wigan have conceded 24 goals in 10 league games against Chelsea.
- Chelsea have scored 14 goals in their last two Premier League games, a divisional record.
- Wigan have conceded an average of 4.25 goals per game in their last four league matches.
- Chelsea have gone 406 minutes without conceding a league goal.
- Didier Drogba can become the first Premier League player to hit hat-tricks in three successive games if he bags a treble in this match.
Fulham v Manchester United
- None of the last 11 Premier League games between these sides have ended as a draw.
- United have lost at Craven Cottage in each of the past two seasons, failing to score in each match.
- Only two sides, Chelsea and Southampton, have ever won three consecutive home games against United in the Premier League.
- Those defeats are the only two occasions United have failed to score against Fulham in the Premier League.
- Fulham have scored in eight of their nine Premier League home games against Manchester United.
- Wayne Rooney has not scored in any of his last 13 matches (includes internationals and Community Shield).
Newcastle United v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have won only two of 16 Premier League games at St James' Park.
- Newcastle have averaged a goal per game in their last 15 Premier League clashes with Aston Villa.
- Newcastle have not lost their opening match of the season at St James Park since 2004, conceding just one goal in five matches since.
- Despite playing in 17 fewer games, over the last two seasons, Stephen Ireland (11) has scored more Premier League goals than James Milner (10).
- Newcastle were the only side in the football league unbeaten at home last season.
Manchester City v LiverpoolManchester City v Liverpool
- Five of the last seven Premier League games between Manchester City and Liverpool have ended as draws.
- Three of the last four clashes between City and Liverpool in Manchester have ended 0-0.
- It is more than five years since City won a home league game against Liverpool.
- The only draw at the City of Manchester Stadium in the league since November was when Liverpool visited in February (0-0).
- The Citizens have kept a clean sheet in their opening home game of the season in the last five campaigns.
- Since the start of the 08/09 season, Liverpool have taken more points in Premier League North-West derbies than any other side (60 from a possible 84).
- The Reds won just one of their last nine away games in the Premier League last season (4-0 vs. Burnley).