Premier League Opta Facts - May 13th
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts - May 13th
Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn have failed to score in nine of their last 11 Premier League games against Chelsea and only netted one goal in each of the other two matches.
- Chelsea have won 13, drawn three and lost just one of the last 17 Premier League games against Blackburn.
- Rovers have failed to score in their last five visits to Stamford Bridge.
- Blackburn are one of only two teams Branislav Ivanovic has scored against more than once (2 goals) in the PL (along with Aston Villa).
- Fernando Torres has scored seven goals in 1089 minutes of football under Di Matteo, compared to four in 1893 under Villas-Boas and one in 1008 under Ancelotti (all comps).
- Blackburn have lost only one of their last 12 games on the last day of a Premier League season.
- Chelsea have won on the final day only twice in the past seven seasons.
- Rovers have conceded the most goals from corners in the PL this season (15).
- Steve Kean's side will end this campaign with under 35 points for the first time since 1978/79.
- Only one player (Andy Johnson in 2004/05), has ever scored more PL goals for a relegated team than Yakubu has this season (16).
Everton v Newcastle United
- Demba Ba has failed to score in all 12 league games where he and Papiss Demba Cisse have started together.
- Last season's win at Goodison Park ended a run of seven games without a victory away at Everton for Newcastle.
- The Toffees are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League matches, the longest such run in the league.
- Alan Pardew's side have kept five clean sheets in their last seven Premier League matches.
- Papiss Cisse has scored 13 goals in 13 Premier League games for the Magpies.
- Nikica Jelavic has scored seven goals in his last seven Premier League games for Everton.
- Everton have won on the final day for the past four seasons, a record only Manchester United can match.
- None of Newcastle's last 10 games have ended as a draw.
- Newcastle are now the only team in the PL yet to score in their own goal this season.
- The Toffees have had 17 different goalscorers in the PL this season, a joint-high with Arsenal.
Manchester City v Queens Park Rangers
- QPR have picked up fewer points away from home than any other Premier League side this season (11).
- Manchester City have garnered the most points on home soil in the Premier League this season (52).
- If City win this game, they will be the third team in Premier League history to earn 55 points from a possible 57 on home soil (Chelsea 2005-06 & Man Utd (2010-11) and also post a higher goal difference to make this the best ever home performance in the competition.
- Djibril Cisse has played seven games for QPR and either scored (five games) or been sent off (two games) in each of them.
- Only one team (Man Utd - 2.07) have a better points/game average in May than QPR (2) in Premier League history.
- Man City have won none of their last three home games against QPR (D1 L2), all of these games coming in the second tier of English football.
- Mark Hughes has never lost as a manager away at Manchester City in the PL (W1 D4), only Glenn Hoddle has been boss in as many PL matches there without losing (W4 D1).
- City have won only three times in 14 attempts on the last day of the Premier League season.
- Man City have the joint-record for most goals conceded on the final day of a Premier League season (eight v Middlesbrough 2007/08).
- City are also one of only two teams to concede five goals at home on the final day of a Premier League campaign (2-5 v Everton in 1993).
Norwich City v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the top flight this season (22).
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 15 Premier League games and none of the last nine.
- Villa have won three, drawn four and lost none of their last seven games against Norwich.
- The Canaries have gone 13 Premier League games without a clean sheet and conceded 14 goals in their last four matches.
- Norwich have scored the joint-most headers in the top flight this season (15), while Villa have netted the fewest (3).
- Villa have won just one of their 10 away games on the final day of a Premier League season (3-1 at Chelsea in 2002).
- If Aston Villa fail to win then they will equal their all-time record of only 7 wins in a season (set in 12-team divisions in 1889-90 & 1890-91).
- Norwich have the best cross completion rate in the Premier League this season (25%).
- The Canaries have seen their woodwork struck 25 times this season, the most of all teams.
- Villa are the only Premier League side yet to score from a corner situation this term.
Stoke City v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton have kept just one clean sheet in their last 26 Premier League matches.
- Bolton have won just one of their last seven Premier League games
- Bolton have won three and lost just one of their last five Premier League outings against the Potters.
- Ivan Klasnic has scored three goals in his last two Premier League appearances against Stoke.
- Stoke have won just one of their last 10 Premier League matches.
- 38% of the goals Tony Pulis' side have scored have been headers, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Bolton have only ever kept one clean sheet on the final day in 12 Premier League seasons.
- Stoke have lost on the final day in all three of their previous Premier League campaigns, conceding nine goals and scoring just one in the process.
- If Stoke fail to score then their goal total of 34 will be the joint sixth lowest by a non-relegated team in the Premier League.
- Bolton have caught their opponents offside a league-high 149 times this campaign.
Sunderland v Manchester United
- There have been more direct free kick goals in PL games involving Sunderland than any other team (5 scored, 4 conceded).
- United have lost just two of their last 17 Premier League games, both by a 0-1 scoreline away from home and in their last two away games.
- Three of the last five goals Manchester United have scored against Sunderland have been own goals by the Wearsiders, two by Anton Ferdinand and one by Wes Brown.
- The Black Cats have failed to score in eight of their last 10 league games against the Red Devils, including the last four in a row.
- Man Utd have won 14 and lost none of their last 19 Premier League games against Sunderland.
- Sunderland have gone seven Premier League games without a win, though they have drawn five of those.
- 27% of the goals Sunderland have conceded have been headers the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Man Utd have scored the joint-most headers in the Premier League (15) this season.
- Man Utd have won on the last day of the season in eight of the last nine seasons.
- Sunderland's win on the last day of 2010-11 (3-0 v West Ham) was their first in 10 Premier League seasons.
- Two goals in this game will see Man Utd become only the fourth team in Premier League history to reach 90+ goals.
Swansea City v Liverpool
- Swansea have failed to score in their last five games in all competitions against Liverpool.
- Swansea have won just one of their last eight Premier League games.
- Liverpool have failed to score on the final day in the past two seasons.
- But the Reds have lost on the final day only once in the past eight seasons.
- Against Chelsea on Tuesday night, Liverpool missed their fifth penalty of this league season, becoming the first team since 1998/99 (when collection began) to miss five in one PL campaign.
- The Reds have now scored four or more goals in a game in every season since they returned to the top-flight in 1962.
- Swansea have mustered just three attempts from fast breaks this term, a league joint-low.
- The Welsh side have made an average of 62 passes per shot attempted in the Premier League this season, 17 more than any other team (Fulham - 45).
- Stewart Downing has failed to hit the target with each of his last three penalties, and hasn't converted any of his 72 shots this term.
- Liverpool are the only PL team to have lost every away game they have fallen behind in this season (nine in total).
Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham
- Fulham had 13 shots on target against Spurs in the reverse fixture this season. That's only the second time they have had that many in the last six seasons, both times v Tottenham.
- Fulham have won five and lost just one of their last seven Premier League matches.
- Fulham have picked up the most points from London derbies this season (12), but if Spurs win, they will have earned the most in capital clashes (14).
- Fulham have failed to score in four of their last six Premier League games against Spurs, including each of the last three at White Hart Lane.
- The west Londoners have actually failed to score in six of their last seven Premier League away trips to White Hart Lane.
- Tottenham have won five and lost just one of the last 11 league games against Fulham and have won the last four games in a row.
- Spurs have lost on the final day in three of the last four seasons.
- Nine different Spurs players have received five or more yellow cards this season, more than any other club in the top flight.
- The Cottagers are the only PL side yet to be shown a red card this season. Their last dismissal came on the final day of last season against Arsenal.
- Clint Dempsey has either scored or assisted 53% of Fulham's league goals this season, only Robin van Persie has a higher ratio (56%).
West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal
- This will be Arsene Wenger's 600th Premier League game as Arsenal manager.
- West Brom have lost just one of their last six Premier League games while Arsenal have won none of their last four.
- Arsenal have recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in the Premier League (21).
- West Brom have won just two and lost seven of the 11 Premier League games against Arsenal and won just won and lost three played at the Hawthorns.
- Robin van Persie has scored on his last two Premier League trips to the Hawthorns.
- Van Persie is only the sixth different player to score 30+ goals in a Premier League season and needs two to become the top scorer ever in a 38-game campaign.
- Arsenal have scored a combined total of 10 goals on the last day of the season in the past three campaigns.
- The Gunners have not lost on the final day since 2005 (1-2 v Birmingham).
- Arsenal have conceded five own goals this season, two more than any other side in the league this season.
- Robin van Persie has hit the woodwork 10 times this season, the most of all players and more than four Premier League teams.
Wigan Athletic v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Wolves have won none of their last 13 Premier League matches, losing nine in that run.
- Terry Connor's side have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League matches.
- Wigan have the joint-record for goals conceded on the final day of a Premier League season (eight v Chelsea 2010).
- Wigan need one goal to reach 40 in a Premier League season for only the third time (out of seven).
- The Latics have taken 18 points from their last eight games, a joint-league-high (with Newcastle).
- Wolves, meanwhile, have taken a joint-low of just three points from the last 24 available.
- Wolves have conceded more shots on target than any other team in the top-flight his season (258).
- The Latics have netted 31% of their goals from outside the area this season, a league-high.
- Victor Moses has attempted (253) and completed (94) more dribbles than any other player in the Premier League this term.
- Wolves have conceded the first goal in 26 of their 37 Premier League games in 2011/12.