Premier League Opta Stats 15th-16th October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Liverpool v Manchester United
- Manchester United have posted the best shooting accuracy (54%) and conversion rate (26%) in the Premier League.
- David de Gea has made more saves (32) and has a better saves to shots ratio (87%) than any other regular goalkeeper in the Premier League.
- There have been five red cards in the last seven Premier League games between Manchester United and Liverpool at Anfield.
- Liverpool have won four of the last six Premier League games against Manchester United overall and the last three in a row at Anfield.
- Manchester United have never lost four away games in a row against any opponent in Premier League history.
- Liverpool haven't won more than three home league games in a row against the Red Devils since the 1970s, when the Merseysiders won seven in a row between 1972 and 1979.
- There were hat-tricks scored in both meetings in the Premier League last season; Dimitar Berbatov for United at Old Trafford and Dirk Kuyt for Liverpool at Anfield.
- There have been four penalties awarded in the last five Premier League meetings between Man Utd and Liverpool.
- The champions have lost just one of their last 16 Premier League matches since defeat to Liverpool at Anfield last season in March.
- Last season's title win meant Manchester United overhauled Liverpool's tally of 18 English league titles, as they secured championship number 19.
Manchester City v Aston Villa
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored in four of his last six Premier League appearances.
- Agbonlahor has been booked in all three of his Premier League away appearances this season.
- Aston Villa have posted the joint-worst shooting accuracy in the top flight, hitting the target with just 35% of their attempts.
- Manchester City have scored more goals from outside the box than any other team this season (7).
- Samir Nasri leads the Premier League with six goal assists this season.
- The Villans have lost just one of their last 15 Premier League games (W6 D8 L1).
- Manchester City have taken 28 from a possible 30 points in their last 10 Premier League matches and kept seven clean sheets in that run.
- City have also won 12 and lost none of their last 13 Premier League home games, a run that started with a 4-0 win over Aston Villa, keeping 10 clean sheets.
- Villa have won just four of their last 23 Premier League away games (W4 D8 L11), a run which started with a 1-3 defeat against Manchester City.
- However, the Villans have lost just one of their last seven Premier League away games (W2 D4 L1) and are unbeaten in the last four.
Norwich City v Swansea City
- Swansea have conceded just 58 fouls to date, fewer than any other side.
- Swansea have won three and lost one of the last four league games against the Canaries.
- Both matches in last season's Championship were won by the home side with a clean sheet.
- Norwich have won nine and lost one of their last 10 matches in all competitions at Carrow Road against Swansea.
- Swansea have scored an own goal in each of their last two visits to Carrow Road.
- Norwich have lost just one of their last seven Premier League games at Carrow Road (W5 D1 L1).
- The Canaries have lost just one of their last 15 league games at Carrow Road (W9 D5 L1).
- Paul Lambert's side have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 league games at Carrow Road and just three shut outs in their last 24.
- The Swans have won just one and lost seven of their last nine league games away from home.
- Norwich have conceded more penalties (5) than any other team in the top flight.
QPR v Blackburn Rovers
- QPR have the lowest conversion rate of any team in the Premier League, scoring with just 6% of their attempts.
- Blackburn have given away the most fouls (96) of any team in the Premier League this season.
- Rangers' 0-6 defeat last time out against Fulham was their heaviest defeat in the Premier League and their third worst in the English top flight (lost 1-8 to Man Utd in March 1969 and 1-7 to Sheffield Wednesday in May 1987).
- Blackburn won the last three Premier League meetings with QPR by a 1-0 scoreline and that was also the score when they met in last season's FA Cup.
- QPR have failed to score in four of their seven Premier League games and only netted via an own goal in one of the others (against Aston Villa).
- Blackburn have won only one and lost eight of their last 12 Premier League away games.
- Rovers have only won three of their last 21 Premier League matches overall (W3 D7 L11).
- Paul Robinson has the worst saves to shots ratio in the Premier League, keeping out just 50% of accurate attempts at goal.
- QPR have won just one of the last 11 meetings with Blackburn (W1 D3 L7) in all competitions.
- Blackburn have posted the worst passing accuracy in the opposition half this season, completing just 61% of their passes.
Stoke City v Fulham
- Stoke City have fired in fewer shots on target (17) than any other team in the Premier League.
- 75% of the goals Stoke have conceded have been netted in the first half, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Stoke played Fulham three times last season (twice in the league and once in the Carling Cup) and all the games finished with a 2-0 scoreline.
- Clint Dempsey has scored three goals in the last four league meetings between Stoke and Fulham.
- Bobby Zamora has scored in four of his last five Premier League appearances.
- Peter Crouch has scored in three of his last five Premier League starts against Fulham.
- Tony Pulis' side have scored just four goals in their last nine Premier League matches.
- The Potters have won only two of their last nine games (W2 D3 L4).
- Since losing to Fulham at the Britannia Stadium, Stoke have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League home games (W7 D4 L1).
- Fulham's win over QPR ended a run of seven matches in the league without a victory for the Whites (D5 L2).
Wigan Athletic v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton Wanderers have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than any other team in the Premier League (49).
- 78% of the goals Bolton have scored so far have been netted in the second half, the highest proportion in the Premier League.
- Bolton are on a run of six straight league defeats, their joint-poorest run ever in the Premier League.
- Owen Coyle's men have also lost their last six at home in the league, becoming only the fifth side to do this in the Premier League.
- Wigan have lost four Premier League games in a row for the first time since October 2008.
- Four of the last five Premier League games between Wigan and Bolton have ended as draws.
- There have been just three goals scored in the last four meetings between Wigan and Bolton at the DW Stadium.
- Wigan have scored just 10 goals across the 12 Premier League meetings with the Trotters.
- Bolton have conceded more goals than any other team in any season after seven games in Premier League history.
- Bolton have lost 11 of their last 12 Premier League matches, winning the other.
Chelsea v Everton
- No team in the Premier League has conceded fewer shots on target than Chelsea (25).
- Frank Lampard has scored four goals from just five shots on target in the Premier League this season.
- Tim Howard has only conceded two goals from the last seven penalties faced, making four saves.
- Chelsea have won only one of the last nine Premier League meetings with Everton, drawing six of the remaining eight encounters.
- Louis Saha has scored five goals in six appearances in all competitions for Everton against Chelsea.
- Didier Drogba has scored seven goals in his last nine Premier League matches against Everton.
- Chelsea have won nine and lost none of their last 10 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge, but have gone five games without a clean sheet on home soil.
- Everton have gone 16 games at Stamford Bridge since their last Premier League victory (W0 D9 L7), but the last five games in a row have all been draws. No Premier League fixture has ever seen six consecutive draws.
- The Londoners have gone six games without a clean sheet and they have not had a run of seven without a shutout since September 2003.
- Everton have won none of their last eight Premier League trips to London, drawing six.
West Bromwich Albion v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- All five of the goals West Brom have scored so far this season gave been netted in the first half of matches and the last four have all been netted in the opening five minutes of games.
- Steven Fletcher has scored nine goals in his last 15 Premier League appearances. Two of those goals came in a 3-1 win over West Brom last May.
- West Brom have won six and lost only two of the last 11 meetings in all competitions against their Black Country rivals.
- West Brom have won five and lost none of their last nine home matches against Wolves since they lost 2-4 at the Hawthorns in September 1996.
- The Baggies have won just one of their last eight Premier League matches (W1 D3 L4).
- West Brom have won just four out of 25 Midlands derbies in the Premier League.
- Wolves have won just one of 11 Midlands derbies away from home.
- Wolves have kept just two clean sheets in their last 13 Premier League away games.
- Mick McCarthy's side have lost their last four Premier League games in a row. Wolves haven't lost five in a row in the top flight since April 1984.
- Wolves have been 0-2 down at half-time in each of their last three Premier League matches.
Arsenal v Sunderland
- There have only been eight goals scored in the last seven Premier League matches between Arsenal and Sunderland.
- Arsenal have won seven and drawn three of their 10 home Premier League matches against Sunderland and the Black Cats have failed to score in their last three visit to the Emirates.
- Only one of the 13 goals Sunderland have scored against Arsenal in the Premier League era has been netted in the first half.
- Robin van Persie has scored 21 goals in 24 Premier League games in 2011 and three in three home appearances against Sunderland.
- Arsenal have won just four of their last 18 Premier League matches (W4 D7 L7).
- The Gunners have kept nine clean sheets in their last 13 Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium, including one in a 0-0 draw with Sunderland in March.
- No team with fewer than eight points after seven games has finished in the top four in the Premier League era - highest was 5th (3 teams).
- Sunderland's clean sheet last season at the Emirates was one of just four in their last 23 Premier League matches.
- Since the start of February, Sunderland have only once gone two league games without defeat.
- Arsenal have conceded 16 goals so far this season, more than in any season since 1963-64 when they had shipped 20 after seven matches.
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
- This is the first time that Newcastle have gone 10 games unbeaten in the top flight since August 1997. (W5 D5)
- Spurs have scored exactly one goal on each of their last six visits to St James Park in the Premier League.
- Newcastle have won four and lost none of their last five Premier League matches against Tottenham at St James Park.
- If Spurs win this match, they will equal their best ever run of successive victories in the Premier League era (five), which they have done four times before.
- Aaron Lennon scored in both meetings with Newcastle in the Premier League last season.
- Demba Ba has scored 11 goals in 14 Premier League starts.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League matches at home to London sides, but five of those games have been draws.
- Spurs have won only one of their last nine trips to play teams from the north east in the Premier League (W1 D3 L5).
- Only the top three sides in the Premier League have scored more goals than Tottenham this season, despite the fact that Spurs have played one game fewer than most teams.
- Newcastle have conceded fewer goals than any other side in the Premier League this season and the fewest after seven games of any previous season in the top flight other than 1995-96 and 1900-01, where they had shipped just three.