Barclays Premier League Opta Facts - March 9-10
Norwich City v Southampton
- Both teams have scored in the last six meetings between Norwich and Southampton in the Barclays Premier League.
- Those six games have seen a total of 27 goals, an average of 4.5 per game.
- Norwich have failed to score in five of their last seven Premier League games.
- The Saints have won only one of their last seven Premier League games.
- Southampton have conceded at least two goals in their last four Premier League away games (10 in total).
- Norwich are one of three teams yet to be awarded a penalty in the Premier League this season (along with Swansea and Tottenham)
- Saints have thrown away 27 points from leading positions this season, more than any other side.
- 37% of Norwich's goals this season have been headed, the highest proportion in the top-flight.
- Robert Snodgrass has been booked four times in his last six Premier League appearances.
- Saints have a saves to shots ratio of 60% this season, the lowest in the Premier League this season.
Queens Park Rangers v Sunderland
- Sunderland are unbeaten in 11 league games against QPR, winning seven, drawing four and not losing to them since April 1991.
- QPR haven't won consecutive Premier League games since December 1995.
- Rangers have gone 472 minutes without a home goal.
- Three of QPR's last four Premier League home games have ended 0-0.
- Eight of Sunderland's last nine Premier League away games have gone over 2.5 goals.
- QPR have taken the lead in only two Premier League home games this season.
- Sunderland have scored the lowest proportion of headed goals in the Premier League this season (6%)
- Stéphane Mbia has been booked six times in his last 10 Premier League appearances.
- Titus Bramble has been booked in three of his last six Premier League appearances.
- Sunderland have won only six of their last 46 Premier League games in London.
Reading v Aston Villa
- Reading have lost four of their five Barclays Premier League games against Aston Villa.
- Six of Reading's last seven goals at home have come in the 82nd minute or later.
- Five of Reading's 22 home goals this season have come in the 90th minute.
- Villa have conceded 17 goals in their last five Premier League away games.
- Reading have lost each of their last three Premier League games, the longest current run.
- The Royals also have the longest run of defeats overall in the league this season (7).
- Villa have claimed only two points from losing positions this season, fewer than any other side.
- Reading have conceded more goals to crosses (18) than any other team in the Premier League this season.
- Adam Le Fondre has gone four Premier League games without a goal, after scoring five in his previous three.
- Matthew Lowton is one of only three outfield players to play every minute of every Premier League game this season (along with Baines and Gerrard).
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea
- WBA have lost all three of their Barclays Premier League matches against the Swans.
- Swansea have won four of their five Premier League games in March.
- Only Man Utd (13) and Man City (10) have won more Premier League home games than WBA this season.
- Swansea have scored only 12 goals in 14 Premier League away games this season.
- Michael Laudrup's team have failed to score in six of their last seven Premier League away games.
- Swansea have thrown away only two points from winning positions this season, fewer than any other side.
- 32% of the goals WBA have conceded have come in the closing 15 minutes, the highest proportion in the league.
- WBA have gained 1.65 points per game with Claudio Yacob in the team this season, compared to 0.88 when he's been missing.
- The Baggies have scored fewer goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other Premier League side this season.
- Only Man Utd (2) have drawn fewer Premier League games than WBA (4) this season.
- Michu (three) and Jonathan De Guzman (two) have scored five of Swansea's last six Premier League away goals.
Newcastle United v Stoke City
- Six of the seven Premier League games between Newcastle and Stoke have gone over 2.5 goals.
- Stoke have lost six of their last eight league games.
- Newcastle have kept only one clean sheet in their last 10 Premier League games.
- Stoke have failed to score in five of their last six Premier League away games and their total of eight road goals is the lowest in the top-flight this season.
- Newcastle have conceded exactly two goals in their last four Premier League home games.
- The Magpies have come from behind to win their last two Premier League home games.
- United have played a higher proportion of long passes than any other top-flight team this season (16.5%).
- Stoke have picked up 48 yellow cards for fouls this season, more than any other team.
- Stoke have scored half (3) of the six Premier League goals from throw-in situations this season.
- Stoke have only had 19 shots on target from outside the box, 12 fewer than Tottenham's Gareth Bale.
Liverpool v Tottenham
- Liverpool and Tottenham have averaged the most shots per Premier League game this season (excluding blocked) 14.0 and 13.1 respectively.
- Gareth Bale is looking to become the first Tottenham player to score in six successive Premier League games.
- Gareth Bale is the first Welsh player to score 16 goals in a single Premier League campaign.
- Luis Suarez is only the third Liverpool player to score 20+ goals in a Premier League season (after Robbie Fowler and Fernando Torres).
- Spurs are unbeaten in 12 consecutive Premier League games for the first time.
- Suarez (8) and Bale (7) are the top scoring Premier League players in the year 2013.
- Liverpool's total of 53 goals from 28 games is their second best at this stage of a PL season (after 56 in 1995-96).
- Liverpool's last six Premier League wins have seen them score 24 goals and concede none (4-0, 5-0, 5-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-0)
- The Reds have kept clean sheets in six of their last eight Premier League games at Anfield.
- Only Man Utd (32) have gained more away points this season than Tottenham (26).