Bundesliga 2011/12 Opta Facts – MD 8
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Kaiserslautern v Stuttgart
- Stuttgart have only lost two of their last nine BL away games (five wins, two draws).
- Kaiserslautern have only enjoyed one win so far this season, but have only lost one of their last five BL games on home soil (three wins, one draw).
- The Swabians have, in total, scored 156 goals against the Red Devils in the Bundesliga - more than against any other team in the German top flight.
- Only against Dortmund (38) and Schalke have Stuttgart enjoyed more victories in the Bundesliga than against FCK (36).
- Lautern took four points from the two meetings with Stuttgart last season despite having trailed in both matches.
- Stuttgart have lost three of their last four Friday night games by a margin of one goal (one win).
Dortmund v Augsburg
- FCA have only won one of their last 11 league games (five draws, five defeats) and are still looking for their first ever win in the Bundesliga.
- BVB have only suffered one defeat in their last 19 BL games at Signal Iduna Park (14 wins, four draws).
- After Hamburg picked up their first victory last Friday, Augsburg are now the only team still winless in the Bundesliga this season.
- Augsburg's top scorer Sascha Mölders has now gone 532 minutes without scoring in the Bundesliga.
- FCA kept their first ever clean sheet in the Bundesliga last weekend in a goalless draw against Hannover.
- Five of Dortmund's last seven goals this term have been scored after the interval.
Leverkusen v Wolfsburg
- The Wolves have lost their last three BL games on the road, conceding a total of ten goals in the process.
- Bayer have only lost one of their last 10 BL home games (seven wins, two draws), but that defeat came in their last match at BayArena when they received a 1-4 drubbing at the hands of local rivals Köln.
- Leverkusen have never lost a home game against Wolfsburg in the German top flight (11 wins, three draws).
- The 28 BL duels between these two attack-minded sides have seen an average of 3.18 goals per game.
- Bayer have won their last four BL games against the Wolves
- Leverkusen have scored at least twice in eight of their last nine meetings with Wolfsburg.
Nürnberg v Mainz
- Nürnberg have only won one of their last seven BL games on home soil (three draws, three defeats).
- Mainz are winless in five games (one draw, four defeats). The FSV haven't gone that long without a victory in the top flight since January 2010 when they had a run of six winless games.
- Mainz have only won one of the last 12 games against Nürnberg in all competitions (four draws, seven defeats).
- FSV have only kept one clean sheet in their 10 games in all competitions this season.
- In each of the last six league games that these two sides, the home team has managed to shut their visitors out.
- Mainz have won five of their 10 BL duels against FCN (two draws, three defeats).
Freiburg v Gladbach
- Freiburg have lost six of the last eight BL games played in front of their home crowd (two wins).
- Gladbach have won three of their last five games away from the Borussia-Park (one draw, one defeat).
- SCF have only suffered one defeat in their so far 10 BL home games against Borussia (five wins, four draws).
- The Foals have only lost one of their last 11 BL games (eight wins, two draws).
- Freiburg have only won one of their last 10 matches in all competitions, when they beat Wolfsburg 3-0 at home on the fourth matchday. That game also saw their only clean sheet during this period.
- The Foals have now gone 296 minutes without conceding in the Bundesliga.
Hoffenheim v Bayern
- Bayern have won their last four BL games on the road - a feat they last achieved in February 2010.
- None of Hoffenheim's last 13 games have ended in a draw - the longest current run of its kind in the German top flight.
- 1899 are yet to win a BL game against the German record champions. So far they have lost four and drawn two of six duels against the Munich-based side.
- Holger Stanislawski's men have won four of their last six BL games (two defeats).
- Following their 2-0 win over Man City on Tuesday Bayern have now gone 10 matches in all competitions without conceding - a new club record.
- FCB have only lost one of their last 16 league games (13 wins, two draws) and are on a run of six straight wins.
Hertha v Köln
- Hertha BSC have only won one of their last 19 home games in the German top flight (seven draws, 11 defeats).
- Köln have only suffered one defeat in their last five BL games (three wins, one draw).
- The Berlin-based side have won five of their last seven BL home games against Köln, but have lost two of their last three games at Olympiastadion against the Billygoats.
- Stale Solbakken's men have netted eight goals in their last two BL games on the road.
- Lukas Podolski has been directly involved in five of the Billygoats' last six BL goals (three goals, two assists).
- Both Hertha and Köln have managed to score at least once in each of their last six respective BL games.
Hannover v Bremen
- Bremen have only lost two of their last eight BL away games (four wins, two draws).
- Hannover have only suffered one defeat in their last 11 BL games on home soil (eight wins, two draws).
- Werder have only lost two of their last 15 BL outings at Hannover (seven wins, six draws).
- Hannover's last nine BL home games against their northern rivals Bremen have seen a total of 45 goals scored (an average of five goals per game).
- Bremen's Peruvian striker Claudio Pizarro has been directly involved in each of his side's last six goals in the Bundesliga (four goals, two assists).
- Werder have won the last seven BL games in which Pizarro found the back of net.
Hamburg v Schalke
- Schalke have lost four of their last five away games in the Bundesliga (one win).
- Hamburg have failed to take all three points from any of their last seven top-flight games in front of their home crowd (four draws, three defeats).
- S04 are winless against HSV in six games (three draws, three defeats).
- HSV have now gone 11 games without shutting their opponents out - their longest run without a clean sheet since 2009.
- Schalke have scored more goals against Hamburg (117) than against any other side in the Bundesliga.
- Hamburg ended a run of 13 winless top-flight games when they beat Stuttgart 2-1 last weekend.