Bundesliga Opta Stats - 17-19 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
- In 42 home games against Hamburg, the West Germans have registered 20 wins (10 defeats).
- Each of the last three games has been won by Borussia (4-1, 3-2 and 1-0).
- Both teams have picked up only three points from their last five matches. Borussia have lost four in a row.
- HSV haven't kept a clean sheet in seven fixtures - only Nürnberg (12) have gone longer without shutting out the opposition.
- 45 goals conceded is the most Borussia have ever shipped in the first half of a Bundesliga season, eclipsing their previous record of 43 in the 1998/99 campaign.
- Gladbach are the only team that are yet to win at home, failing in 10 consecutive home matches - their worst-ever run in the Bundesliga.
- Schalke are unbeaten in 17 years at home to Köln (seven wins, three draws).
- S04 have won their last four home games in all competitions, keeping four clean sheets in the process.
- Köln have the second-worst away record in the league having won only four points from their eight BL matches on the road this season.
- Schalke have won three of their last four league games (one defeat).
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar hasn't found the back of the net in 375 minutes in the league - his longest goal drought so far in the Bundesliga.
- Only St. Pauli (14) have scored fewer goals than Köln (18) in the Bundesliga so far this season.
- Bremen have won four of the last six league meetings with Kaiserslautern (one draw, one defeat).
- Werder have the second-worst defence in the Bundesliga. Only Gladbach (45) have conceded more goals than the SVW (33) so far this season.
- Lautern have only won one of their last seven away games (six defeats) when they beat Nuremberg 3-1 on the road on the 13th matchday.
- Bremen have only won of their last seven league games (four defeats, two draws) when they beat St. Pauli 3-0 on the 13th day.
- Bremen have failed to score in five of their last six BL games.
- Lautern's Tiffert has assisted the most goals in the league (nine).
- Wolfsburg have won three of their four BL games against Hoffenheim losing only their first meeting with the TSG in November 2008 (3-2 away defeat).
- Hoffenheim have suffered 4-0 defeats on their last two visits to the Volkswagen-Arena.
- The Wolves have drawn their last five league matches - the longest run of its kind in the club's history.
- 1899 have only won one of their last six BL games (three draws, two defeats).
- Wolfsburg are without a win in six BL games (five draws, one defeat).
- Only leaders Dortmund (37 goals) and second placed Leverkusen (33 goals) have scored more goals than Hoffenheim (30 goals) this season
- Borussia are only one point away from the best ever first leg in Bundesliga history (43 points already).
- BVB have won their last eight away games, equalling the Bundesliga record set by FC Bayern in 2005. Dortmund will set a new record if they win in Frankfurt.
- Dortmund have won each of their last seven games, equalling their own club record. They will set a new record with a victory in this game.
- BVB are undefeated in their last 15 games; the last time they managed such a run in a single season was between September 1995 and February 1996.
- Dortmund have defeated Eintract more times than any other side (35.)
- Hannover and leaders Dortmund are the only teams in the Bundesliga who have won their last five league matches.
- 96 will have to do without their injured top-scorer Didier Ya Konan (nine goals).Hannover have lost all 10 BL games in which the Ivorian has not played since his arrival in summer 2009.
- Nürnberg have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 12 BL games. No team in the league has gone as long without a clean sheet.
- Hannover haven't lost a game in which they scored a goal since the end of March (13 wins, one draw).
- Nürnberg have lost four of their last five BL games by a margin of at least two goals.
- Mike Hanke hasn't played the full 90 minutes in a single game this season, but has already scored three goals this term, all of them as a substitute.
- Mainz played 10 matches at Pauli's stadium, Millerntor, in the 2 Bundesliga (two wins, six defeats, two draws).
- Mainz have lost six of their last eight competitive games, winning the other two.
- The last eight matches have seen Pauli gain just four points, the fewest of any Bundesliga team, dropping from sixth to 15th in the process.
- Mainz have scored only six goals before the halftime break this season; Pauli have scored just five during the first half. These are the two lowest figures in the entire Bundesliga.
- Having won just eight points from their last eight home games, there is only one team in the league that has a worse home record than St. Pauli.
- St. Pauli have managed to score only one goal over the last six matchdays (Thorandt; 1-1 at Wolfsburg).
- Four of Mainz's six defeats this season have come at home; only two have taken place on the road. Mainz have lost two of their last three away games, but defeated Mönchengladbach 3-2.
- Freiburg have won just one of the last eight BL games against Leverkusen (six defeats): 1-0 in the 2003/04 season.
- In Leverkusen, Bayer have won six, drawn two and lost three. The last win for Freiburg there came back in 2001, when they won 3-1. Michael Ballack was playing for Bayer.
- Leverkusen have won the last four meetings with Freiburg, scoring 15 and conceding three.
- Bayer are unbeaten in their last seven games (five wins, two draws). At the same point last season, they were still unbeaten for the season.
- Freiburg's win last weekend (3-0 over Mönchengladbach) was their ninth of the season and their first by more than one goal. They only managed nine wins in the whole of last season.
- Bayer have the highest-scoring midfield in the league, both in terms of goals (23) and percentage of total goals (70%).
- Bayern could enjoy their 50th BL victory over the Swabians - the only team in the league the reigning champions have beaten more often are Hamburg (52 times). Bayern have also picked up more BL away wins in Stuttgart than anywhere else (21).
- The FCB are without a win in their last five away games at Stuttgart (three draws, two defeats).
- Bayern have only won one of their seven BL away games this season. The last time they had such a poor away record was 17 years ago.
- The VfB (29 goals) have scored three goals more than the FCB (26 goals) so far this season, but have taken 14 points less than the reigning champions.
- Bayern have only lost one of their last 30 BL matches on a Sunday (19 wins, 10 draws).
- Bayern's Mario Gomez (five headed goals) and Stuttgart's Georg Niedermeier (four) have netted the most headed goals in the league.