Champions League Opta Facts - 21 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bordeaux v Bayern Munich
- These sides met in the 1996 UEFA Cup final, Bayern won 5-1 on aggregate over two legs.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last four trips to France in the Champions League (two wins, two draws).
- Bordeaux have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four home fixtures in this competition.
- The two goals scored by Bordeaux in the competition have come from set piece situations.
- Only two visiting teams have managed to win at Chaban-Delmas stadium since the start of last season in all competitions (Roma and St Etienne).
- Promising Bayern striker Thomas Müller has only appeared in three Champions League matches but he has already scored three goals.
Juventus v Maccabi Haifa
- Juventus have failed to win their last six Champions League matches, drawing five of these fixtures, losing one.
- Juventus have drawn their last three home matches in the Champions League.
- The Bianconeri are unbeaten in their last 15 home fixtures in this competition.
- No Israeli side has ever won an away match in the Champions League: eight defeats, one draw.
- Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has scored eight goals in 10 starts in the Champions League.
- Attacking midfielder Diego has scored five goals in his last five European appearances.
Wolfsburg v Besiktas
- No Turkish side has ever kept a clean sheet against German opposition in the Champions League.
- Besiktas have conceded 40 goals in their 14 away matches in the Champions League (2.9 on average) and have kept just one clean sheet in this time.
- Besiktas have faced German opposition seven times in European competition: they have always lost.
- Wolfsburg have won four of their last five home matches in European Competition.
- Wolfsburg only lost two matches at home last season in all competitions, they have already suffered that many this term.
CSKA Moscow v Manchester United
- The only four European encounters between Manchester United and Russian opposition have ended in draws.
- CSKA have scored only one goal in four Champions League encounters against English sides.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 13 away matches in the Champions League.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's men have only conceded two goals in their last nine away matches in this competition.
- The Muscovites have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 Champions League matches.
- CSKA have never conceded more than two goals in their 15 home matches in the Champions League.
Real Madrid v Milan
- Milan have never beaten Madrid at the Bernabeu in a competitive game.
- Real Madrid have lost their last four Champions League encounters with Italian sides.
- Milan have failed to win in their last five trips to Spain in the Champions League, scoring only twice in the process.
- Real Madrid are currently the most prolific side in the Champions League with eight goals scored.
- Half of these goals have been netted by Cristiano Ronaldo, currently the top scorer in the Champions League, who is currently out injured.
- No team has picked up as many yellow cards as Real Madrid or Milan after two match days, six.
Zürich v Marseille
- No team has conceded more goals than Marseille and Zürich in the Champions League, five.
- Marseille have won only once in four European encounters against Swiss opposition.
- The Swiss side have conceded a league-high 44 fouls in the two opening matches.
- Marseille have lost their last six away matches in the Champions League.
- Zürich managed a shock 1-0 away win against AC Milan in their second ever Champions League game, last time out.
- The last six away teams who travelled to Switzerland in the Champions League have taken the three points.
Porto v APOEL
- Porto haven't conceded more than one goal in their last 16 home matches in the Champions League.
- No Cypriot side has ever won an away match in the Champions League (five attempts).
- APOEL have had the fewest shots on target alongside Unirea, just two.
- Three of APOEL's four Champions League matches have ended in draws.
- Despite having faced Chelsea and Atletico Madrid, APOEL have only conceded one goal so far.
- APOEL's only previous visit to Portugal ended in an incredible 16-1 defeat, in the 1963/64 Cup Winners Cup, against Sporting.
Chelsea v Atletico Madrid
- Atletico are amongst the four teams who are yet to score this season in the Champions League.
- Chelsea's two opening matches have ended in 1-0 victories courtesy of two Nicolas Anelka goals.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last nine Champions League meetings against Spanish opposition, the last three have ended in draws.
- Atletico have failed to score in their last three Champions League matches.
- The Madrid side have drawn six of their last eight Champions League matches.
- Atletico have met English opposition 15 times in European competition, completing five victories, seven draws and suffering only three defeats.
- Atletico Madrid's defensive line has caught the most opponents in an offside position in the Champions League after two match days, 16.