Champions League Opta Facts – 6-7 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Tuesday, 6 April 2010
Barcelona v Arsenal
- Arsenal have won none of their four meetings with Barcelona in Europe (two defeats, two draws).
- The Gunners have failed to win any of their last three competitive games in Spain: two draws against Villarreal and a defeat against Seville. Their last victory on Spanish soil was at the Bernabeu, against Real Madrid in February 2006.
- Barcelona have kept clean sheets in five of their last six Champions League games at Camp Nou.
- Barcelona have won none of their last five home games against English opposition (four draws and one defeat).
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored three goals in his last two Champions league starts, including a brace at the Emirates in the first leg.
- Arsenal have won none of the six away Champions League games they have played without Cesc Fabregas since the 2004/05 season: two draws, four defeats.
CSKA Moscow v Inter Milan
- Inter Milan have won their last four games in the Champions League, the best run among the teams in the last eight.
- Inter have won their three Champions League encounters against CSKA, scoring seven and conceding three.
- The Italian side has faced Russian opponents on 15 occasions in Europe, winning 10, drawing four and losing only one (3-0 away to Lokomotiv Moscow in 2003).
- Jose Mourinho's side have shipped just one goal in their last four games in Europe.
- CSKA Moscow have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 17 Champions League games.
- No Russian side has ever made it through to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
- The last time Inter Milan reached the semi-finals of the Champions League was back in the 2002/03 season - they were eventually knocked out by AC Milan.
Wednesday, 7 April 2010
Manchester United v Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich are unbeaten at Old Trafford in the Champions League: one win, two draws.
- Manchester Utd have overturned a first-leg deficit only once in six attempts in the Champions League (against Roma, April 2007).
- Manchester Utd have won just one of their eight meetings with Bayern Munich in Europe, though this was the 1999 Champions League final (2-1).
- Manchester Utd have reached the semi-finals of the Champions League in each of the last three seasons.
- Manchester Utd and Bayern Munich have both scored four goals in the last five minutes of their Champions League games, the most this season.
- Ivica Olic has scored three goals in his last three starts for Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Bordeaux v Lyon
- Bordeaux have scored in each of their nine Champions League outings this season.
- Laurent Blanc's side have won all four of their Champions league games at home this season.
- Neither Bordeaux nor Lyon have ever reached the semi-finals of the Champions League.
- Lyon have the best defensive record in the Champions League this season, conceding only five goals in nine games. They have not conceded more than one in a game this season.
- Bordeaux conceded three goals in the first-leg at Stade Gerland, as many as in their previous eight games in the competition combined.
- Marouane Chamakh has scored four goals in his last five Champions League games, three of them headers.