Champions League Opta facts - Tuesday 8 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Juventus v Bayern Munich
- Juventus have won three and lost just one of their five clashes with Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
- Juventus have only won two, but only lost two of their last nine Champions League matches.
- Juve are unbeaten in their last 16 Champions league home games.
- Only one team has prevented Bayern from scoring in their last 17 Champions League away trips.
- Bayern have only won three of 15 Champions League games against Italian sides.
- All three of the goals Juventus have conceded have come from set pieces.
- Juventus' games have seen a grand total of six goals scored, the lowest tally in the Champions League this season.
Maccabi Haifa v Bordeaux
- Maccabi Haifa have not scored a single goal in the Champions League this season - only Deportivo La Coruna in 2004-05 have ever gone through a group stage without scoring.
- Bordeaux are the only team to have won more than one penalty in the competition.
- Haifa have lost their last four Champions League matches by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Bordeaux have conceded the joint-fewest goals this season in the Champions League: two.
- Laurent Blanc's side have also scored the most goals from set-piece: seven.
- Maccabi have won 12 of their 14 home games in all competitions this season and suffered two defeats, both of which came in the Champions League (against Bayern Munich and Juventus).
Besiktas v CSKA Moscow
- Milos Krasic has scored in three of the last four Champions league matches.
- If CSKA lose and Wolfsburg lose, then CSKA will qualify for the Europe League.
- Besiktas have lost their two home games in the Champions League this season, failing to score a single goal in the process.
- CSKA Moscow have won only one of their last 14 Champions League games away from home, a 3-1 win at Paris Saint-Germain back in December 2004.
- The Moscow outfit have conceded at least three goals in each of their last four away games in the competition.
Wolfsburg v Man Utd
- Edin Dzeko has scored three goals in his last four Champions League matches, including Wolfsburg's consolation strike at Old Trafford on Match Day 2.
- United have lost just one of their last nine meetings with German opposition in the Champions League.
- Manchester United have never kept a clean sheet in their seven trips to Germany in the Champions League, winning only once.
- All five of the goals Wolfsburg have conceded have come in the second half.
FC Zurich v AC Milan
- AC Milan 's only defeat this season in the Champions League came at home against Zurich on Match Day 2.
- Zurich have conceded six goals from free-kicks (three direct and three indirect) which is a competition high figure.
- Milan's two wins this season in the Champions League have been on the road.
- The Zurich side have conceded the most goals from outside the box in the Champions League this season: five.
- AC Milan are one of five sides who have yet to keep a clean sheet in the Champions League this season.
Marseille v Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have picked up the most yellow cards (14) in the competition to date.
- Marseille have never beaten Spanish opposition in the Champions League (four defeats, one draw).
- The two sides met in the 2003/04 Champions League, with Real winning both group stage clashes (4-2 at home and 2-1 on the road).
- Marseille have scored five goals from set-pieces, only Bordeaux have done better in the Champions League this season.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals from outside the box in the Champions League this season: four.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored eight goals in his last nine Champions League appearances.
Chelsea v APOEL Nicosia
- Nicolas Anelka has scored in three of his four Champions league starts this season and on each occasion it was the only goal in a 1-0 win.
- APOEL have mustered just seven shots on target, the fewest in the Champions League.
- In nine meetings between English and Cypriot sides, only once has the English team failed to win. In 2007 Spurs drew 1-1 with Anorthosis Famagusta in the 1st round of the UEFA Cup having won 6-1 at home.
- Only Barcelona have kept as many clean sheets as Chelsea this season in the Champions League: four.
Atletico Madrid v FC Porto
- Porto are unbeaten in three meetings against Atletico in the Champions League (two draws, one win).
- Atletico are without a win in their last eight Champions League matches.
- The last three Champions League matches played at the Vicente Calderon stadium have ended in a draw.
- The last time Atletico lost a Champions League game at home was in 1997, against Ajax (2-3).
- The three goals scored by the Spanish side this season have come after the hour mark.
- Porto have attempted more shots than any other team this season in the Champions League (91).