Championship Opta Facts - 10 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Southampton v Blackpool
- Southampton have lost just one of their last seven meetings with Blackpool in all competitions, winning four and drawing two.
- At St. Mary's, the Tangerines have only scored one goal in total on their last four visits (in all competitions).
- Despite being top of the table, the Saints have lost two of their last three games, failing to score in both those fixtures.
- Blackpool have lost just one of their last six league games, winning three and drawing two.
- The Saints have netted five penalties this season, more than any other side in the league.
- Southampton are one of just two sides yet to drop a point from a leading situation at home this season (along with Leicester).
Birmingham v Doncaster
- Birmingham have won each of their last six meetings with Doncaster (in all competitions), netting a total of 19 goals in the process.
- At home, the Blues have lost just one of their last seven clashes with Donny (all comps).
- In beating Southampton last weekend, Rovers secured only their second home win of the season (in 10 games).
- Only high-flying Southampton (3) and Cardiff (2.3) have better points per home game averages this season than the Blues (2.25).
- Birmingham have lost a league joint high 15 points from leading positions this season.
- Doncaster have conceded at least two goals in nine of their 10 away games this season.
Burnley v Portsmouth
- Only one of the last five meetings between the two sides (in all competitions), has ended in a home win.
- The Clarets have enjoyed just one victory in their last 13 meetings with Pompey in all competitions.
- Burnley have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 league games.
- No side has won fewer points on the road this season than Pompey (three points, along with Coventry).
- Burnley have netted more headed goals (12) than any other side in the Championship this season.
- 18% of Pompey's goals this season have been scored by defenders, the highest ratio in the league.
Coventry v Hull
- Hull have netted a total of just three goals in their last six meetings with Coventry.
- However, the Tigers are unbeaten in their last four clashes with the Sky Blues.
- The Sky Blues have lost six of their last eight games, four by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Only three sides have performed better on the road this season than Hull, who have 15 points from 10 away games.
- Only 9% of Hull's goals this season have come from set pieces, the lowest ratio in the league.
- Coventry have lost a league joint high 15 points from leading positions this season.
Derby v Bristol City
- Both meetings between the two sides last season ended in 2-0 victories for Bristol City.
- However, the Rams have lost just one of their last five home games against City (that defeat last season),winning the other four.
- The Rams have won just one of their last 12 league games.
- City lost their last game, against Middlesbrough, after going on a run of six games unbeaten, their best run of the campaign so far.
- Derby are the only side in the league yet to score a goal in the final 15 minutes of a match this season.
- Derby have failed to score in their last three home games, losing each of them.
Leicester v Peterborough
- Leicester have lost just one of their last six meetings with Peterborough.
- Only one of the last seven games between the two sides has ended in an away win, although that did come in the last meeting (2-1 to the Foxes at London Road).
- Leicester have won five of their last seven home games, keeping clean sheets in each of those victories but failing to score in the other two defeats.
- The Posh have gone 92 league games without being involved in a goalless draw, the longest current run across all four leagues.
- The Foxes have conceded four penalty goals this season, more than any other Championship outfit.
- Peterborough have conceded 21 first half goals this season, more than any other side in the league.
- The Posh have recouped a league high 15 points from trailing situations this season.
Middlesbrough v Brighton
- Middlesborough are unbeaten in their last seven clashes with Brighton (in all competitions), although the last meeting did come all the way back in 2003.
- Boro' have won their last four home games against the Seagulls, netting 12 goals and conceding none (in all competitions).
- Middlesbrough have lost just one of their last six games in the Championship.
- Gus Poyet's side have now won three league games in a row. They have yet to win four on the trot this season.
- 76% of Brighton's goals this season have come in the second half, a higher ratio than any other side in the league.
- Boro' have conceded just two goals from set pieces this season, the lowest ratio in the division.
Millwall v Cardiff
- Five of the last seven games involving these two sides have ended in draws.
- In the last seven meetings between the two sides, there have been seven red cards in total, with six coming for Millwall.
- The Lions have enjoyed just one victory in their last five league fixtures.
- The Bluebirds are unbeaten in their last eight league games, winning their last two by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Cardiff have netted more goals (10) from outside the area than any other side in the Championship this season.
- Millwall have scored 11 goals in their last four home games, this after scoring just once in their previous four.
Nottingham Forest v Crystal Palace
- Both games last season between these two sides ended in 3-0 wins for Forest, with Marcus Tudgay scoring in both.
- Palace have enjoyed only one victory against Forest in their last seven meetings.
- Forest have failed to find the net in each of their last three league games, the worst current run of its kind in the division.
- The Eagles are without a win in their last seven league games, failing to score in five of those matches.
- 44% of Forest's goals have come from set pieces this season, the highest ratio in the league.
- Palace have netted just once in their last three games on the road.
Reading v West Ham
- Reading have lost just one of their last five meetings with West Ham, winning three and drawing one.
- The last three clashes between the two sides at the Madejski Stadium have produced a total of 13 goals.
- Only one of the Royals' last 15 league goals has come before the 65th minute.
- Kevin Nolan has bagged two goals in his last three games for the Hammers.
- West Ham are the only side in the league to have been on the receiving end of two own goals so far this season.
- West Ham have conceded just one goal from outside the box so far this season, fewer than any other side.
- Over half (12/23) of Reading's goals have come in the final 15 minutes of their matches this season.
Watford v Leeds
- Watford have won just one of their last 10 meetings with Leeds (in all competitions), losing six and drawing three.
- At Vicarage Road, the Hornets have enjoyed just two victories in their seven meetings with Leeds in all competitions, with their last win coming back in 1992 in the League Cup.
- The Hornets have suffered just one defeat in their last seven league games, winning four and drawing two.
- Watford have kept two clean sheets in their last three home games.
- Leeds have won five of their last six away games in the league.
Barnsley v Ipswich
- At Oakwell, Barnsley have won only three of their last 10 meetings with Ipswich (in all competitions).
- There has only been one goalless draw played out between these two sides in 37 meetings in total (in all competitions).
- Ricardo Vaz Te has bagged a total of four goals in his last three league games for the Tykes.
- The Tractor Boys have lost each of their last seven league games, the worst losing streak in the division all season.
- Barnsley have recouped just one point from a trailing situation this season, fewer than any other side in the league.
- Ipswich have conceded 11 goals in their last three away games, losing all of these matches.