Championship Opta Facts - 16-17 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Nottingham Forest
- Barnsley have lost just one of their last eight league meetings with Forest at home.
- Nottingham Forest have conceded only one goal in their last three meetings with Barnsley.
- The Tykes have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league matches.
- Billy Davies' side have lost five successive league matches away from home, this coming after being unbeaten in the first 13 road trips of the season.
Coventry v Cardiff
- Cardiff have won their last three meetings with Coventry, scoring exactly two goals in each match.
- Coventry have managed only one goal in their last four matches against the Bluebirds.
- The Sky Blues have lost just one of their last 10 league matches.
- Cardiff have lost three successive league games away from home, without scoring.
Crystal Palace v Leicester
- The home side are unbeaten in the last 11 meetings between Palace and Leicester.
- Palace have won just one of their last six league meetings with Leicester City.
- Paul Hart's side have scored only three times in their last seven league matches.
- Leicester have suffered just one defeat in their last 10 league matches.
Derby v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have won their last six meetings with Derby County.
- Derby have won just one of their last home games against Middlesbrough, and have failed to score in their last two.
- Derby County have suffered four defeats in their last five Championship games.
- Middlesbrough have lost three away games in succession.
Peterborough v Doncaster
- Doncaster Rovers have won their last four matches against Peterborough United.
- The Posh have failed to score in their last two home games against Doncaster.
- Jim Gannon's side have won back to back league games for the first time this season.
- Doncaster have lost just once in their last five league games away from home.
Plymouth v Bristol City
- Plymouth have picked up just one point from their last three home matches against Bristol City in the league.
- Bristol City have kept a clean sheet in two of their last three league away meetings with Plymouth.
- Plymouth have not won any of their last six league matches.
- Bristol City have found the net just twice in their last eight league games away from Ashton Gate.
Preston v Sheffield Wednesday
- Four of the last five meetings between these two in Preston have ended in a draw.
- John Parkin has scored in both of his last two appearances against Sheffield Wednesday. His goal earlier this season was the winner, and his goal last season was the equaliser.
- Only one of Preston's last nine home games in the Championship have ended in defeat.
- Sheffield Wednesday have not won away in five successive league trips, failing to score in four of them.
Reading v QPR
- Three of the last six meetings between these two sides have ended goalless; including two of their last three.
- QPR have won just once in their last 10 meetings with Reading, but this victory came earlier this season.
- Reading have won three successive league matches, conceding only once in the process.
- The Royals have won seven of their last eight games, rising from 23rd to 16th.
- QPR have not won a league game away from home in 10 attempts.
Sheffield United v Blackpool
- 12 of the last 15 meetings between these two sides have seen at least three goals scored.
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in their last eight home matches against Blackpool.
- The Blades have failed to score in three of their last five league games.
- Blackpool have not won away in the league for six matches.
Swansea v West Brom
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides at Swansea have ended goalless.
- West Brom last won away at Swansea in August 1946, a run of seven away trips without a win.
- There have only been four goals scored in the last five league matches involving Swansea City.
- West Brom have scored in 11 consecutive league games away from home.
Watford v Ipswich
- Watford are unbeaten in their last 10 meetings with Ipswich Town.
- Ipswich Town have lost on their last four trips to Vicarage Road to face Watford.
- No side have won fewer points than Watford over the last 10 league matches (7).
- Only Derby (2) and Peterborough (1) have won fewer league games away from home than Ipswich (3) this season.
Newcastle v Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe have won just one of their previous six trips to Newcastle to play the Magpies, this coming in their first ever meeting in January 1958.
- One of Newcastle's four league defeats this season came against Scunthorpe earlier this term.
- Newcastle have only dropped eight points at home in the Championship this season; fewer than any other side.
- Only Peterborough (13) have lost more away games in the Championship this term than Scunthorpe (12).