Championship Opta Facts 16-17 September
Birmingham v Sheffield Wednesday
- The home side won both fixtures between these sides last season by a scoreline of 4-1.
- The Owls have only lost one of their last five against Blues, winning twice and drawing twice.
- The Blues have been ahead in four Championship games this season, but have only won one of these (W1 D3).
- Sheffield Wednesday have yet to register a goal in the final 30 minutes of a league match this term.
Blackpool v Watford
- Blackpool, who lost 4-0 at Vicarage Road in March, have never lost consecutive league games against the Hornets.
- Watford have only won one of their last 10 trips to Bloomfield Road (D6 L3).
- The Tangerines have fouled their opponents 93 times this season, 11 more times than any other team.
- Watford have netted a league-high nine goals in the second half of Championship games so far this term.
Bournemouth v Leeds
- Bournemouth's 4-1 win over Leeds in this fixture last season was their first ever league victory against the Yorkshire side (D2 L7).
- Leeds have kept three clean sheets in five previous trips to Bournemouth (W2 D2 L1).
- Leeds have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 away league games (W2 D2 L6).
- The Cherries have shipped five goals via headers this term, more than any other team in the Championship.
Brentford v Norwich
- Brentford have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 12 league games against the Canaries.
- Norwich won none of their six trips to London in the Premier League last season, taking just two points from 18 available in the capital.
- The Canaries have fired in a league-high 39 shots on target this season, 15 more than opponents Brentford.
- Indeed, Norwich have also won the most points from losing positions this term - six.
- Moses Odubajo has netted in his last two league appearances on home soil for Brentford.
Cardiff v Middlesbrough
- There has not been a draw in any of the last 18 meetings between these teams, with Cardiff winning nine and losing nine.
- Boro have won two of their last three at Cardiff in the Football League, this after a run of six consecutive defeats against them in Wales.
- Last weekend, Aron Gunnarsson scored his first league goal since August 2013, ending a run of 25 games without a goal.
- Grant Leadbitter has scored six goals in his last six competitive appearances for Middlesbrough - equalling his tally from the whole of 2013-14.
Charlton v Wolves
- Charlton ended a run of five without a win against Wolves with a 2-1 home win in the last clash.
- The Black Country side have only kept one clean sheet in their last 12 against the Addicks.
- Wolves have kept four clean sheets this term, more than any other side in the Championship.
- The Addicks have gone eight league games unbeaten, winning five and drawing three.
- In fact, Charlton are one of only two sides yet to lose a Championship game in 2014-15 alongside Nottingham Forest.
Huddersfield v Wigan
- Huddersfield have never lost to Wigan on home soil in the league, winning six and drawing five.
- Wigan have only mustered 18 goals in 22 league meetings with the Terriers, never netting more than twice in a single game against them.
- Overall, Huddersfield have failed to score in four of their last six against Wigan.
- In 11 previous trips to Huddersfield in the league, the Latics have mustered just five goals.
- Huddersfield have not won consecutive league games against Wigan since April 1992.
- This is only the second season that Huddersfield and Wigan have met in either of the top two tiers (the first was last season).
Ipswich v Brighton
- Ipswich have alternated between winning and not winning in their last 11 home meetings with Brighton; they won 2-0 in this fixture last season.
- The Seagulls have only managed one clean sheet in their last 28 trips to Portman Road.
- No side has faced fewer shots on target this season than Brighton (15).
- Both of David McGoldrick's goals this season have arrived at Portman Road. Similarly both of strike partner Daryl Murphy's goals have come on home soil as well.
Bolton v Rotherham
- Bolton have only lost one of their last eight home clashes with Rotherham (W3 D4), with that defeat coming back in 1990.
- Overall, however, the Millers have only lost one of their last 10 against Bolton (W5 D4).
- Rotherham's Paul Taylor has registered more shots (excl. blocked) without actually scoring than any other player this term (16).
- Bolton have dropped a league-high eight points from leading positions this season.
Reading v Millwall
- The Royals are unbeaten in nine league meetings with Millwall, winning six and drawing three.
- The Lions haven't won at Reading since January 2001 (4-3) and are without a clean sheet there since September 1994 (11 trips).
- Last weekend, Reading new boy Glenn Murray scored his first goal from open play in 28 games.
- Millwall have yet to concede in the opening 30 minutes of a Championship match this season.
Blackburn v Derby
- Rovers are unbeaten in six against Derby, winning three and drawing three.
- The Rams have scored exactly once in six of their last seven against Blackburn, failing to net in the other.
- Blackburn have yet to keep a clean sheet in 2014/15, a joint-league-low alongside Fulham and Huddersfield.
- Derby are winless in their last four league games (excl. playoffs) on the road, though three of those fixtures have ended in a draw (L1).
Nottingham Forest v Fulham
- The Tricky Trees have failed to score in their last two at home against Fulham in the league; this after netting in each of the previous 18.
- The last time these sides met in the Football League was in 2000/01; Fulham did the double that season with Louis Saha scoring in both games.
- Fulham have lost seven of their last eight league games away from home (W1), including three defeats on the road this season.
- Britt Assombalonga has netted five goals in his last five Championship appearances.