Championship Opta Facts: 18-19 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Preston
- The last six victories in this fixture have been by a one goal margin, with three of the last nine ending in draws.
- The Tykes have only come out victorious on two of the last six occasions on which they have hosted Preston in the league.
- Barnsley have not won at home in four competitive matches.
- Only 23 of the Lilywhites’ 74 points last season were earned on the road, and their first away match this season ended in a draw.
Blackpool v Derby
- The last three meetings between the sides have produced 14 goals.
- Blackpool have won only one of their last six home matches against the Rams.
- Kris Commons scored three goals in his two appearances against Blackpool last season.
- Derby have not drawn in 10 competitive matches.
- Five of the Seasiders’ last six league matches have ended in draws.
Bristol City v QPR
- The away side has only emerged victorious from one of their last 14 meetings.
- In five of the last six seasons that these two sides have met, their first encounter of the campaign has ended in a draw.
- City are unbeaten in 12 league home matches.
- Nicky Maynard has scored the first goal in nine matches since the start of the 2008/09 season.
- QPR have attempted the most shots in the league so far this season (32) and have hit the woodwork four times already – a league high.
Doncaster v Coventry
- The home side has won this fixture 1-0 in their last three meetings.
- Doncaster have never lost a competitive home match against the Sky Blues their six meetings.
- Rovers have won four of their last five meetings by a one-goal margin.
- Clinton Morrison has scored four goals in his last three league matches for City.
- Doncaster have attempted the fewest shots (12) this season so far, alongside Plymouth Argyle.
Ipswich v Crystal Palace
- The home side has only won this fixture twice in the last 12 meetings between the clubs.
- Six of the last eight goals scored in this fixture have arrived in the first half.
- Ipswich have exactly once in six of their last seven matches at home to Palace.
- Palace have failed to score in their last four away league matches in a row.
Nottingham Forest v Watford
- Forest have won just one of their last six home matches with Watford.
- The home side has won just two of the past ten meetings between these sides, both came last season however.
- Forest have won four of their last five competitive home matches.
- Watford suffered their first defeat in five competitive matches last weekend at Sheffield United.
- Alongside Reading, Nottingham Forest are the only side to have not managed a goal yet this season in the league.
Peterborough v West Brom
- They have met on four occasions over the last two seasons in cup ties, with West Brom winning three times (including the two away at United’s ground) and drawing the other.
- On the last eight occasions that a side has won this fixture, they have also kept a clean sheet.
- The Posh have remained unbeaten in seven consecutive league matches at London Road.
- West Brom are unbeaten in four competitive matches.
Plymouth v Cardiff
- The home side are unbeaten in the last six meetings between the two sides.
- Four of the last six meetings between these two at Home Park have ended in a score draw.
- Plymouth have not managed to win in seven consecutive matches.
- Cardiff have not won an away match in the league in four attempts.
- The Welsh side have the best shot conversion rate (38.5%) as well as having the best shot accuracy (84.6%) so far this term in the Championship.
Scunthorpe v Middlesbrough
- The home team in this fixture has won on the last four occasions that they have met.
- Middlesbrough last defeated Scunthorpe away from home in February 1959 – a run of six matches without victory on the road in this fixture.
- Scunthorpe have not lost in five matches at home, winning three and drawing twice.
- Nigel Adkins’ side have attempted the most shots on target in the Championship so far (14).
Sheffield United v Leicester
- United have won four of their last five matches against the Foxes.
- The home side has won this fixture six times in their last seven meetings.
- Leicester have not lost a competitive game for nine matches.
- Steve Howard has opened the scoring in 10 matches for Leicester since the start of 2008/09.
- Darius Henderson has conceded more fouls than any other player in the league so far – 13.
Swansea v Reading
- Reading have won four of their last five meetings with Swansea City.
- In six of the last seven occasions that a side has won this fixture, they have also kept a clean sheet.
- Swansea have lost three of their last four home matches against the Royals.
- Despite having drawn the most league games last season (20), Swansea have not drawn a match for eight competitive fixtures.
- Reading have the worst shooting accuracy (13.3%) in the league this season, hitting the target with just two of their shots – another league low.
Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday
- Newcastle won their last home match against the Owls 8-0 – their biggest competitive win since 1946.
- Wednesday have won only once in their last seven meetings with the Magpies.
- Newcastle’s last home defeat to Wednesday came back in August 1996 – over 13 years ago.
- The Owls have not lost in six competitive matches.
- Newcastle have lost just once in their last four competitive home matches.