Championship Opta Facts 19-20 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v West Brom
- West Brom have won four of their last five meetings with Blackpool.
- Blackpool have scored a league-high 20 goals in the second half of games.
- No side has scored as many first half goals as West Brom (22).
- Blackpool have only suffered one defeat at home in the Championship this term, but this came in their last game at Bloomfield Road.
- Simon Cox has scored six goals in his last seven league appearances for West Brom.
Bristol City v Reading
- The home side have won only once in the last five meetings between the two teams.
- The last eight meetings between these two sides have seen an average of 4.25 goals.
- Bristol City have scored a league-high 76% of their goals in the second half of matches.
- Grzegorz Rasiak has scored three goals in his last three away matches for Reading, and five in his last seven in total.
- Bristol City have won six and drawn two of the eight league games that Nicky Maynard has found the net this term.
Cardiff v Leicester
- There was only one goal scored in the two meetings between these two sides last season.
- Leicester have profited from seven goals from substitutes this season; a league-high.
- Chris Burke has scored in three successive league games for Cardiff City.
- The Bluebirds have kept three clean sheets in a row in the Championship.
- Leicester have lost only once in their last seven league trips away from home.
Crystal Palace v Barnsley
- The away side have only managed to score one goal in their last six meetings.
- Eight of the last 10 matches between Palace and Barnsley have ended in a home win.
- Barnsley have gained a league-high 11 points after falling behind in the Championship.
- Darren Ambrose has found the net in seven of his last nine league appearances.
- If the Championship had started following Mark Robins' appointment as Barnsley boss, the Tykes would be a point off the playoffs and in 7th place.
Derby v Doncaster
- Doncaster are unbeaten in their last four matches against Derby, winning their two league encounters last season.
- Derby have only lost one of their previous six home games against Doncaster.
- The Rams have managed only nine goals in their last 10 league matches.
- Billy Sharp has scored in five successive league games for Doncaster.
- Doncaster have kept four clean sheets in their last five league games.
Nottingham Forest v Preston
- The home team have won the last four meetings between Forest and Preston.
- Forest have scored exactly two goals in four of their last five meetings with Preston.
- Billy Davies' side are unbeaten in 13 league matches.
- Preston have failed to find the net in four of their last six league games.
- Alan Irvine's side have collected only one win from their last five away trips in the Championship.
Peterborough v Watford
- Only two of the last nine meetings between these two sides has seen a home win.
- Peterborough United have collected only four points from their last four home games against Watford.
- The Posh have conceded a higher proportion of goals in the first half than any other side (64%).
- Peterborough have lost 10 points after leading in the Championship at home this season; a league-high.
- Watford have lost three successive league games away from home, failing to score in each.
- Mark Cooper's side have won only once in their last 13 league games.
Plymouth v Coventry
- Plymouth have won six of their last seven meetings with Coventry City.
- Coventry's last away win over Plymouth in the league came back in October 1965.
- Plymouth have conceded a league-high 11 goals in the final 15 minutes of matches this season.
- Plymouth have failed to find the net in four successive league matches.
- The Sky Blues have picked up only one point from their last five league games away from home.
QPR v Sheffield United
- QPR have found the net only twice in their last four meetings with Sheffield United, failing to score in their last two.
- Sheffield United have lost only one of their last five trips to Loftus Road.
- A division-high 73% of the goals that Sheffield United have conceded have arrived in the second half.
- QPR have only picked up two points from their last five league matches.
- The Blades have kept four clean sheets in their last five league games.
Scunthorpe v Ipswich
- Ipswich have won five successive matches against Scunthorpe.
- On the last occasion that the sides met, in March 2008, two players received red cards.
- Scunthorpe have scored only five goals in their last eight league games.
- Ipswich are unbeaten in 10 league games, but have drawn in seven of those games.
- Roy Keane's side have conceded only three goals in their last seven league matches.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea
- Sheffield Wednesday have remained unbeaten in seven consecutive matches against Swansea.
- Both of the meetings between The Owls and Swansea ended in a draw last term.
- No side have scored a higher proportion of their goals in the first half than Wednesday (65%).
- Swansea have won only twice in their last eight league matches away from home.
- The Swans have not scored a goal in the first half for five successive matches.
- The Owls have picked up just one point in their last six league games.
Newcastle v Middlesbrough
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in eight successive matches against Middlesbrough at home.
- The Magpies have not lost in eight league games, winning seven and drawing once.
- Middlesbrough have won just once in the eight games since Gareth Southgate's departure.