Championship Opta Facts - 21 October
Blackburn v Birmingham
- Jordan Rhodes scored a brace in this exact fixture last term, though Rovers succumbed to a 3-2 defeat.
- Birmingham have never kept a clean away to Blackburn Rovers in league competition (55 games).
- Since August 2013, Tom Cairney has created 122 goalscoring chances for Blackburn Rovers, 34 more than any other player for the club.
- The Blues have dropped more points from leading positions this season than any other side (11).
- Birmingham City have gone 10 games without keeping a clean sheet, the current longest run in the division.
Blackpool v Derby
- Blackpool have lost five of their last six games against Derby, winning the other.
- Chris Martin scored four goals in two appearances against Blackpool last term as Derby ran out winners on each occasion.
- Blackpool have won just four points at home so far this term, a league-low.
- Derby have kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league for the first time since February 2007. They've not kept five in a row since December 1994.
- Chris Martin has bagged three braces so far this season, one more than his total in 2013/14 (incl. play-offs).
Bournemouth v Reading
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in five against Reading, winning three and drawing two.
- Reading have won just two of their last 10 trips to Bournemouth in the Football League, losing seven (D1).
- Matt Ritchie scored three times against the Royals last season as the Cherries did the double over them.
- After going five games without a goal, Callum Wilson has netted three in his last two for Bournemouth.
- No side has conceded more headed goals this season than Reading (6).
- Forward Jamie Mackie has gone 1080 minutes without scoring in all competitions.
Brentford v Sheff Wed
- Brentford have lost only one of their seven against Sheffield Wednesday in the league (excl. play-offs) (W3 D3), although that defeat did come in their most recent clash in April 2012.
- Sheffield Wednesday have scored two or more goals in seven of their last eight games away to Brentford in all competitions, failing to score in the other fixture.
- Brentford have won all five games in which they've gone ahead this season.
- Sheffield Wednesday have conceded four penalties this term, a league-high. Indeed, in 2013/14 the Owls only conceded three.
- No side has netted more goals in the 15 minutes before half time this season than the Bees (5).
Cardiff v Ipswich
- Cardiff have won only one of their last nine games against Ipswich Town, losing six (D2).
- The Tractor Boys are unbeaten on their last five trips to Cardiff, winning three and drawing two.
- Federico Macheda's decisive goal against Nottm Forest last weekend ended a run of 301 minutes (all comps) without finding the back of the net for the former Manchester United striker.
- Only Derby (9) are currently enjoying a longer unbeaten run in the Championship than Ipswich Town (W4 D4).
- Peter Whittingham scored his third league goal of the season last weekend, matching his total from last season.
Charlton v Bolton
- Last Season, this exact fixture finished goalless for the first time in league competition since November 1949.
- Bolton have lost three of their last four games at the Valley in all competitions, drawing the other.
- The Addicks have gone seven games without a defeat on home soil, drawing the last three, having won the previous four.
- Bolton have allowed their opponents 72 shots on target so far this season, 11 more than any other team.
- Charlton have scored a league-high five times in the opening 15 minutes this season.
Huddersfield v Brighton
- Huddersfield have gone eight games without keeping a clean sheet at home to Brighton.
- Brighton are unbeaten in four against the Terriers, winning two.
- Both teams have scored in the last six meetings between the sides in Yorkshire (23 goals scored).
- The Seagulls have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 trips to Huddersfield in the league.
- Huddersfield's 7-1 thrashing of Brighton in August 2009 remains their biggest win over the Seagulls.
- Brighton's 4-1 win against the Terriers in March 2013 remains their biggest margin of victory against the Yorkshire outfit.
Norwich v Leeds
- Norwich have won seven, drawn two and lost one of their last 10 home league encounters with Leeds United.
- Leeds have failed to score more than a single goal on each of their last six trips to Carrow Road.
- The Canaries have recovered a league-high 11 points from losing positions in 2014/15.
- Leeds United are the only Championship side yet to score a headed goal in this campaign.
- Nathan Redmond (40) has created more goalscoring chances so far this season than any other player in the division.
Rotherham v Fulham
- Rotherham are winless in three against the Whites, losing two and drawing the other.
- The two sides last met in the second tier back in January 1983 when away side Fulham ran out 1-0 winners.
- This will be the first league meeting between these two sides since April 1994.
- The Millers have already claimed 15 points so far this season - 52% of their previous total from last time out in the second tier (29).
- After going 12 without a win in league competition, Fulham have won three of their last four (L1).
- Only opponents Fulham (7) have conceded more goals in the final 15 minutes this season than Rotherham (6).
Watford v Nottingham Forest
- The Hornets have won only two of their last 10 home league games against Forest, drawing five (L3).
- Nottm Forest won the most recent clash with Watford in January 2014, 4-2. However, none of the scorers from that game still play for the Reds (Jamie Mackie is currently on loan with Reading).
- Daniel Tözsér has created more goalscoring chances (28) and has provided more assists (3) than any other Watford player in 2014/15.
- Michail Antonio has been involved in more goals than any other player this season with 11 (5 goals, 6 assists).
- Matej Vydra has scored more league goals (4) against Nottm Forest than any other team in the top four tiers of English Football.
Wigan v Millwall
- After winning back to back games against Millwall, the Latics have now lost their last two against the Lions.
- Millwall have never won three consecutive league games against Wigan.
- Wigan have failed to score in four of their last six matches, scoring just three in total.
- Ricardo Fuller's brace at the weekend was his first in league competition since January 2010 (v Arsenal in the Premier League).
- Millwall are without a win since August 30th, losing four and drawing three since then.
Wolves v Middlesborough
- Wolves have won their last three games against Middlesbrough at Molineux, after losing the three prior to that.
- Boro have failed to find the back of the net on eight of their previous 12 trips to Wolves.
- Bakary Sako has scored three goals in as many games for Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- Albert Adomah has scored three goals in his last four Championship games. Indeed, the winger has scored in consecutive games for the first time since March 2014.
- Wolves have conceded 11 goals in their past four games compared to just two in their previous six.