Championship Opta Facts 22 - 23 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Peterborough v Leeds
- The home side have won four of the last five meetings between Peterborough and Leeds in all competitions.
- None of the previous six games between these sides have ended in a draw.
- Leeds United are the only Championship side yet to concede a headed goal this term.
- The Posh have won a league-high 10 points from losing positions in the Championship this season.
- Peterborough United are the only team yet to keep a clean sheet in the Championship this season.
- 18 goals have been scored in the last four league games involving Peterborough United.
Blackpool v Nottingham Forest
- This will be the first meeting between these two sides since the 2009/10 Championship playoff semi-finals in which Blackpool won both matches.
- The last three meetings between Blackpool and Forest have seen 14 goals scored.
- Nottingham Forest have conceded six headed goals this season; more than any other Championship side.
- Blackpool have scored more goals in the second half of Championship games this season (14) than any other side.
- In fact, Ian Holloway's side have scored more goals in the 90th minute or later (5) than in the first half as a whole (4).
- Forest have lost more games (3) after scoring the first goal than any other side this season.
Cardiff v Barnsley
- The away side has scored exactly two goals in the last three meetings between Cardiff and Barnsley.
- A Barnsley player has netted a brace on each of the last two occasions that Cardiff have hosted a match between these sides.
- The Tykes have scored only four goals in the second half of matches this season; a league-low.
- Cardiff have conceded five goals to opposition substitutes this season; a league-high alongside Doncaster.
- The Bluebirds have scored eight goals in their last four league games, but have won just one of these.
- Barnsley have conceded only one first half goal in their last nine Championship games.
Coventry v Burnley
- The Sky Blues have won just one of their last six meetings with Burnley.
- On the last five occasions that Coventry have hosted Burnley, they have netted exactly one goal in each game.
- Coventry have scored just one first half goal in the Championship this season.
- Burnley have lost, and failed to score, in the last two successive league games.
- Burnley's five away games this season have alternated between defeats and victories. If that run was to continue, they'd win this match.
Hull v Watford
- Watford have scored just one goal in their last three trips to Hull.
- In their last six trips to Hull City, Watford have managed to win only once.
- Hull City are the only Championship side this season yet to score a headed goal.
- The Tigers are the only side yet to win a point after falling behind in the Championship this season.
- There have been just seven league goals scored at the KC Stadium this season; fewer than any other ground in the division.
- Hull are currently on the longest unbeaten run in the Championship (seven games).
- The Hornets have failed to score in three successive league games, conceding eight goals in the process.
- The last time that Watford failed to score in four successive league games was April 1997, whilst they were in the third tier.
- The last time that this happened in the top two tiers was December 1992.
- Watford have not lost four successive league games since March 2010.
Ipswich v Crystal Palace
- Both of the meetings between Ipswich and Palace ended 2-1 to the Tractor Boys last season.
- Palace have lost just two of their last eight trips to Portman Road to face Ipswich Town.
- Eight of Ipswich's 18 goals this season in the Championship (44%) have been scored from outside the box; a league-high.
- Paul Jewell's side have scored five goals in the 15 minute period after half-time this season; more than any other Championship side.
- Crystal Palace have scored eight times in the 76th minute of later in the Championship this season; more than any other team.
- Ipswich have won 17 points from their last eight league games; more than any other side.
Leicester v Millwall
- Millwall have had a player sent off in four of their last six games against the Foxes.
- There were more goals scored in the last meeting between Leicester and Millwall (6) as there were in their previous four encounters put together (five).
- The Lions are on the longest run without a win in the Championship currently; 10 games.
- Alongside Middlesbrough, Leicester City have kept the most clean sheets in the division this term (6).
- In fact, five of those Leicester City clean sheets have come in their last six league games.
- Millwall have not scored in the first half of their last nine Championship games.
Middlesbrough v Derby
- Middlesbrough have won their last five home games against Derby County.
- Just one of the last nine games between Middlesbrough and Derby have ended in a draw.
- Derby County have scored nine goals following set-piece situations this season, a league-high.
- Middlesbrough have scored just one goal in their last five Championship matches.
- Three of Derby's last four league games have ended in a score draw.
- Derby midfielder Ben Davies has created 32 goalscoring chances this season in the Championship; more than any other player.
Portsmouth v Doncaster
- The away side have won the last three games between Doncaster and Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth had a player sent off in each of their league games against Doncaster last season.
- Doncaster have conceded a league-high nine goals following crosses in the Championship this season.
- Dean Saunders' side have conceded the first goal of the game on nine occasions this season in the Championship; a league-high.
- Between them, Doncaster (2) and Pompey (2) have scored only four goals in the first half of Championship games this season.
Reading v Southampton
- Southampton have won just one of their last six games against Reading in all competitions.
- 38% (12/32) of the league meetings between these two clubs have ended in a draw.
- Just one of Reading's 14 Championship goals this season (7%) have been scored in the first half of matches - a league-low proportion.
- The Royals are the only Championship side yet to concede a goal in the final 15 minutes of matches this season.
- Reading have netted six goals from substitutes; a league-high.
- Southampton have won all seven of the matches that they have scored the first goal this season.
Bristol City v Birmingham
- Birmingham City have won their last four games against Bristol City.
- Just one of the last 11 meetings between Bristol City and Birmingham in Bristol have ended in a draw.
- The Robins have conceded eight goals following set-piece situations in the Championship this season; a league-high.
- Bristol City have lost four successive league games for the first time since December 2005 (also the last time that they lost five in a row).
- Birmingham City have scored in all nine of their Championship games this season.
- Blues' striker Chris Wood has scored eight goals in his last six Championship appearances for the club.
Brighton v West Ham
- Brighton are unbeaten in their last five home games against the Hammers, winning four and drawing one.
- Just one of the last 11 meetings between West Ham and Brighton has ended in a draw.
- The Hammers have scored a league-high six headed goals in the Championship this term.
- West Ham are the most lethal side in front of goal in the opening 15 minutes of games this season, netting six times in this period of the game.
- Brighton have conceded a league-high 80% of goals in the second half of matches (12 of 15).
- Brighton have lost a league-high 12 points from leading positions in the Championship this term.
- The Amex Stadium has seen more goals in the final 15 minutes of matches (8) than any other Championship ground this term.