Championship Opta Facts - 22-25 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics
Bristol City v QPR
- None of the last nine league meetings between these sides has seen an away win.
- Last season, Nicky Maynard scored in both fixtures between these teams.
- QPR have conceded only three goals in their 12 league games this season so far.
- Bristol City have won fewer games than any other side in the league (2), but one of these came in their last match.
Burnley v Reading
- Burnley have won their last three league games against Reading without conceding a goal (inc. play-offs).
- In none of the last five games between these sides at Burnley have both sides found the back of the net.
- Burnley have collected 16 points at home this season; more than any other Championship side.
- Reading haven't won in three league games; losing their last two, 1-0.
Coventry v Barnsley
- Coventry are unbeaten in 11 games against Barnsley, winning nine of these games.
- Barnsley have not won at Coventry since 1923, a run of 20 games.
- Six of Coventry's last seven league games have ended in a 2-1 scoreline, three of them in their favour.
- Barnsley are yet to win away from home this season; failing to score in their last three on the road.
Hull v Portsmouth
- Hull have failed to score in their last three home games against Pompey with the last two ending goalless.
- The draw is the most common result in this fixture, with 18 of 46 games ending level.
- The Tigers have failed to score in three of their last four league games.
- Portsmouth are unbeaten in five league games; winning four of these.
Millwall v Derby
- Millwall have won three of their last four home games against Derby, drawing the other.
- Last season the sides shared two 1-1 draws in the FA Cup (Derby progressed on penalties).
- There have only been four goals scored in the last four league games involving Millwall.
- Derby are unbeaten in six league games and have won four of their last five.
Norwich v Middlesbrough
- The last five games between these sides have seen 23 goals scored, an average of 4.6 per game.
- The Canaries have not won any of their last four home games against Boro.
- Middlesbrough have won only one point away from home this season; fewer than any other Championship side.
- Boro have currently gone five league games without a win; the longest-such run in the Championship.
- Norwich have already lost as many home games this season in the Championship (3) as they did last term in League One.
Nottingham Forest v Ipswich
- Three of the last four games between Forest and Ipswich in Nottingham have ended 1-1.
- Last season Robert Earnshaw scored in both games against Ipswich.
- Forest midfielder Lewis McGugan has scored six goals in their last seven league games.
- Ipswich have lost three of their last four league games.
Preston v Crystal Palace
- The away side has scored exactly one goal in five of the last six encounters between these sides.
- Last season Preston opened the scoring in both games but only managed to take one point from the two matches.
- Preston have lost a league-high eight games in the Championship so far this season.
- Palace's two goals at Norwich in midweek were their first away from home this season.
Swansea v Leicester
- The Swans' win at home last season ended a winless run of eight games against the Foxes.
- These two met three times last season, with Leicester winning twice, they had not met since 1986 before that.
- Swansea have kept three successive clean sheets, longer than any other side in the Championship currently.
- Leicester's midweek win at Leeds was their first in six attempts away from home this season.
Watford v Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe have won just once in 11 games against Watford.
- The Hornets have won seven of their last eight home games against Scunthorpe.
- Watford have scored more goals than any other team in the Championship (25).
- The Hornets have scored in eight successive games; the longest-such current run in the league. If they score in this game, they will equal the season record of nine set by Coventry.
- Scunthorpe come in to this game on the back of winning their first league game in six attempts in midweek.
Doncaster v Sheffield Utd
- None of the last five home games between these sides in all competitions has seen a home win.
- Rovers have failed to win any of their last three home games against the Blades in all competitions.
- Doncaster have won just once in their last six league outings.
- Four of Sheffield United's league games away from home this season have finished 1-0, the other two have ended 1-1.
Leeds United v Cardiff
- The last two encounters between these sides has seen three red cards.
- Cardiff have won their last three games against Leeds 1-0.
- The Bluebirds are on a run of three successive victories; the league's longest such run.
- The last four league games involving Leeds have seen 19 goals.