Championship Opta Facts - 25th April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Doncaster
- The last four meetings between these sides have been won by the away team, who have kept a clean sheet on each occasion.
- There hasn't been a draw in this fixture since September 1978, a run of 11 consecutive clashes.
- Doncaster have taken only two points from their last six league matches, fewer than any other Championship side.
- Barnsley have conceded within the first six minutes of three of their last four league matches.
Bristol City v Nottingham Forest
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in 28 meetings with Bristol City in all competitions, not losing to the Robins since December 1974.
- Despite this, the last five meetings in the South West have all ended in draws.
- City have taken just one point from the last 12 available in the league.
- Forest are without a win in their last eight Championship away matches, losing the last four in a row.
Burnley v Portsmouth
- Pompey have won five of their last six clashes with Burnley, and have lost just one in 12 (this season's reverse fixture).
- Portsmouth have won four and drawn two of their last six trips to Turf Moor, and last tasted defeat there in February 1982.
- The Clarets are on a run of three straight league wins, they have not managed four in a row since November 2005.
- Portsmouth have scored just one goal in their last five league matches combined.
Crystal Palace v Leeds
- Leeds have won their last three meetings with the Eagles, although all three meetings were at Elland Road.
- None of the last 10 clashes between the sides have ended as a draws.
- Crystal Palace have been in the same league position (21st) since the start of February.
- Leeds are without a win in four league matches, their joint-worst run this season.
- The Lilywhites have lost their last three away games in the Championship.
Leicester v Watford
- Paul Gallagher has netted three goals in his last two games against the Hornets.
- Leicester have won their last two home meetings with Watford by a score of 4-1.
- The Foxes have won only one of their last five league games at home.
- Watford have won on only one of their last nine away trips in the Championship.
Middlesbrough v Coventry
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in eight home meetings with the Sky Blues, winning six and drawing two.
- Just one of the last 10 clashes between these sides has been won by the visiting team.
- Boro have lost only one of their last nine league matches.
- Scott McDonald has scored five goals in Middlesbrough's last four league games.
- After a run of just one win in 18 league matches, the Sky Blues have now won three of their last five.
Norwich v Derby
- Three of the last four meetings between these sides, including the reverse fixture of this campaign, have finished 2-1 to the away side.
- Chris Martin has netted in his last two clashes against Derby, despite there being a gap of over three years between them.
- Norwich are unbeaten in 10 home league games since Christmas, winning the last three.
- County have won only one of their last eight league matches on the road.
Preston v Cardiff
- Preston have won their last two home meetings with the Bluebirds, netting nine goals without reply.
- Just one of the last 12 encounters between PNE and Cardiff has seen the visiting side take the points.
- Preston have won their last three home games in the league, as many as they had in the entire season before this at Deepdale.
- Chris Burke has scored three goals in Cardiff's last three away matches.
QPR v Hull
- QPR are unbeaten in 13 home meetings with Hull, winning eight and drawing five.
- Overall, the Tigers have only beaten the R's once since September 1972; a 2-1 home league win in January 2007.
- Only two teams (QPR and Norwich - 36 each), have picked up more points away from home in the Championship than Hull (35).
- The Hoops have shipped only one goal in their last five league matches at home combined.
Reading v Sheffield United
- The Blades have won three and drawn one of their last four clashes with the Royals.
- The home side has only taken the points in two of the last eight meetings between these sides, with the away side winning four (two draws).
- No side has picked up more points from their last six matches than Reading (14).
- Sheffield United have lost 11 of their last 12 league away games, picking up just one 0-0 draw at Coventry in this run.
Scunthorpe v Millwall
- Scunthorpe have won five of their last six meetings with the Lions, although they did lose this season's reverse fixture 0-3 in December.
- The Iron have won four and lost two of their last six home meetings with Millwall, and have scored three goals in each of their last two home wins against the Lions.
- No Championship side has picked up fewer points at home this season than Scunthorpe (19).
- Millwall have lost only one of their last eight games in the league, winning five.
Swansea v Ipswich
- Ipswich haven't beaten the Swans in any of the last five clashes, drawing three and losing two.
- Paul Jewell's side haven't won in Swansea since March 1982, although they have only faced the Swans on their own ground three times since that win (one defeat, two draws).
- The Swans are unbeaten in six at home in the league.
- Swansea have conceded the fewest goals at home in the Championship this season (10).
- Ipswich have lost only of their last eight league games on the road, winning five.