Championship Opta Facts - 3 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Ipswich
- Barnsley have won only once in their last five meetings with Ipswich Town.
- Ipswich have won four of their last six matches away at Barnsley.
- Jon Stead scored three times in his two appearances against Barnsley last season.
- The Tykes have lost just once in their last four league matches.
- Ipswich are the only team in the Championship yet to win a league game.
Coventry v Leicester
- The away side have failed to score in each of the last four meetings between these two sides.
- Three of the last four meetings between these two at Coventry have ended level.
- There have been 19 goals scored in the last four league matches involving Coventry City.
- Leon Best has scored five goals in his last five league appearances for the Sky Blues.
- The Foxes have lost only one of their last five league games.
Crystal Palace v Blackpool
- Three of the last four meetings between these two have ended in a draw.
- Palace have failed to score in their last two home matches against Blackpool.
- Blackpool are unbeaten in their last three away trips to face Palace.
- Crystal Palace have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the league.
- Blackpool have won only once in their five away games in the league this term.
Derby v Sheffield Wednesday
- Derby are unbeaten in their last six matches (in all competitions) against Wednesday, winning on four occasions.
- Sheffield Wednesday have scored only three goals in their last five meetings (in all competitions) with Derby.
- Derby have kept a clean sheet in two of their last three home games against the Owls in all competitions.
- Derby have lost five of their last six league games.
- Wednesday have won only once in their last five games in the Championship.
Newcastle v Bristol City
- Newcastle have won their last five meetings against Bristol City.
- Bristol City have scored only three goals in their last seven meetings with the Magpies.
- Newcastle have not lost at home against Bristol City since September 1910 - a run of seven visits without defeat.
- Nicky Maynard has six of Bristol City's last eight league goals.
- City have lost only once in their last six league matches.
Peterborough v Nottingham Forest
- Nottingham Forest have won their only two previous league meetings with Peterborough United.
- The Posh have failed to find the net in four of their last seven meetings with Forest in all competitions.
- Forest are unbeaten away from home in the league this term, winning only once and drawing four times.
- Darren Ferguson's side have only one win to their name in the league this term.
- Craig Mackail-Smith has scored in four of Peterborough's five league games at home this term.
Plymouth v Scunthorpe
- The away side in this fixture have lost in the last seven occasions that the two sides have met.
- The home team in this fixture has conceded only three goals in 630 minutes of football between the sides.
- Plymouth's last league game saw them secure their first win of the season in the Championship.
- Paul Sturrock's side have lost four consecutive home games in the league, however.
Preston v West Brom
- The home team have won the last four meetings between the two sides.
- Preston have won their last five league meetings with West Brom at home.
- West Brom last won a league game at Preston in January 1959 - a run of 10 games without victory.
- Preston have won three of their last four home games in the Championship.
- West Brom have lost their last two league games - this after remaining unbeaten for their previous eight.
Reading v Middlesbrough
- Reading have only been defeated in one of their last four meetings with Middlesbrough.
- There has been a goal scored in the last ten minutes of a match in each of the last three meetings between the sides.
- Middlesbrough have been defeated only once in their last eight games against Reading away from home.
- The Royals have failed to win any of their last 14 league matches at home, including their play off semi-final defeat to Burnley.
- Gareth Southgate's side have not won in three successive league games.
Sheffield United v Doncaster
- The away side have won the last three matches played between these two teams.
- Doncaster have only won one of their previous 10 away trips to Bramall Lane - this in their last meeting.
- United have won only twice in their last six league matches.
- Kevin Blackwell's side are unbeaten at home in the league this season.
- Doncaster have drawn four of their last five league matches.
Swansea v QPR
- The away side have failed to score in the last four meetings between the two sides.
- The was only one goal scored between the two sides in their two league meetings last term.
- QPR have conceded only one goal in their last four league matches against the Swans.
- Swansea have only been able to score in one of their last five league matches.
- Paolo Sousa's side have drawn three of their last four league games at home.
Watford v Cardiff
- Watford have scored exactly two goals in four of their last five meetings with Cardiff.
- Cardiff have won only once in their last six meetings with the Hornets.
- Cardiff have not won at Vicarage Road since October 1970 - a run of 10 visits without a victory.
- Watford have only been able to win in one of their five home games in the Championship so far this term.
- Cardiff's last match saw them score more goals in one game (6) than they have in their previous six league matches put together (5).