Championship Opta Facts: 4-5 April
In conjunction with Opta Sportsdata, Europe's largest sports information providers, we bring you Opta Facts on this weekend's Championship matches.
The vital information you need to read to make a sound judgement in your football betting.
We highlight the key historical stats and facts for each of the Championship matches including the top-of-the-table clash between Birmingham and Wolves on Monday night.
Barnsley v Nottingham Forest
- Forest's goal in their 1-0 home win against Barnsley earlier this season was their first in this fixture in four attempts.
- Forest have won on just one of their last seven league trips to Oakwell, losing four.
- The Tykes have lost just one of their last five matches at home.
- The last five goals in this fixture have all come in the first half.
- Billy Davies' men have lost their last three league matches.
Blackpool v Plymouth
- This meeting at Bloomfield Road has produced just four goals in the last five matches.
- Blackpool have the poorest home form in the league, taking just four points from their last six games at Bloomfield Road.
- Plymouth have lost their last three league matches in a row, each by a one-goal margin.
- None of the Pilgrims' last 14 away matches in the league have seen more than two goals.
- Argyle have scored just twice in their last 11 league fixtures on the road.
- The Seasiders have conceded the smallest proportion of goals in the first half of league matches this season - 25%.
Bristol City v Preston
- At least one side has failed to score in the last five meetings between the sides.
- Preston have managed just one win in their last 27 matches away at Bristol City.
- Despite having taken just five points from their last six in the Championship (only Charlton have taken fewer), City have the best home form in the league, taking 14 points from a possible 18.
- Moreover, Preston have the Championship's poorest away form, taking just two points from their last six matches on the road.
- The Lilywhites have managed just one win in their last 11 fixtures in the Championship on the road.
- No Championship side has recouped more points after going behind this season in the Championship than Preston (24).
Coventry v Reading
- Both sides have found the back of the net at least once in all but two of the last 10 meetings between the sides - during this time there have been just two draws though.
- The Sky Blues have lost just one of the last 10 games in which they have hosted the Royals.
- Coventry have scored exactly one goal in their last three home matches in the league.
- City have won three of their last four league games at the Ricoh Arena.
- Reading are unbeaten in five away matches in the league.
Derby v Burnley
- The away side has failed to score in the last four meetings between the two teams.
- County are unbeaten in their last five matches at home to Burnley, winning four.
- The last seven goals in this matchup have all come before halftime.
- County are unbeaten in five league matches at home, winning three.
- Chris Porter has scored three goals in his last two appearances at Pride Park.
- Burnley are unbeaten in five games in the Championship, winning four.
Doncaster v Watford
- Watford are unbeaten in their last three matches against Rovers, winning twice.
- Doncaster have managed just one win in the last four matches where they have hosted the Hornets, losing twice.
- After their run of good form, Rovers have now lost their last three league games in a row, failing to score in all three.
- Doncaster have failed to score in four of their last five Championship matches.
- Watford have lost their three matches so far in Yorkshire this season.
- Doncaster's Keepmoat stadium has seen fewer goals than any other ground in the Championship this season - 27. However Watford's Vicarage Road has seen more than any other (63).
Norwich v Sheffield Wednesday
- The Owls have won their last seven meetings with Norwich.
- Wednesday have come from behind to beat the Canaries in their last two meetings.
- Norwich are unbeaten in three league matches, winning two.
- City's last six goals have all come in the second half of matches.
- Wednesday have drawn their last three league matches.
- The Canaries have won all three of their home matches in the league against opponents from Yorkshire this season.
QPR v Crystal Palace
- Palace are unbeaten in their last four matches against London rivals QPR, winning two.
- After a run of nine league matches without a win, the Hoops have won their last two - both at Loftus Road.
- The Eagles' last three away games in the league have produced an average of 4.66 goals per match.
- Palace have managed just three wins in 14 league matches, losing nine.
- Neil Warnock's men have not kept a clean sheet in 12 consecutive away matches in the Championship.
- Shefki Kuqi has been on the scoresheet in the last three games in which Palace have scored.
Sheffield United v Ipswich
- Three of the last four matches between the two teams have ended as 1-1 draws.
- There has been at least one goal in each half in all but one of the last seven meetings between the sides.
- The Blades currently have the best form in the Championship, taking 14 points from their last six matches.
- United have conceded exactly two goals in three of their last four league matches at Bramall Lane.
- The Tractor Boys' last four league matches have produced a total of just three goals.
- Ipswich are unbeaten in four league matches, winning just once in this period.
Southampton v Charlton
- The last five meetings between the two teams have produced just three goals in total, and three of the last five matches (including the one earlier this season) have ended 0-0.
- Charlton have managed just one win in their last 10 trips to play the Saints on the south coast, That came last year, 1-0.
- The Saints have conceded just three goals in their last six league matches.
- The South Coast club are unbeaten in four at St Mary's, winning twice.
- The Addicks have not managed a win on the road in the league since 16th September.
Cardiff v Swansea
- The Swans are unbeaten in six meetings with Welsh rivals Cardiff, winning three.
- Cardiff have failed to score more than once on the last six occasions on which they have hosted Swansea, not finding the net at all on three.
- Following a run of 10 unbeaten league matches at Ninian Park, Cardiff lost their last match 3-0 against Sheffield United.
- The last four Championship matches at Ninian Park have seen at least one goal in each half.
- Roberto Martínez's men have managed just one win in their last seven in the Championship.
- The Swans have failed to score in their last two away matches in the league, and are without a win in six on the road.
Birmingham v Wolverhampton
- Four of the last 10 meetings between the sides in all competitions have ended in away wins, with just one home win and five draws.
- Wolves have the best form in Midlands Championship derbies this season, taking 13 points from a possible 18.
- At home the Blues are unbeaten in eight in the Championship, conceding just three goals in the process.
- Cameron Jerome has scored in his last two league matches for City.
- Wolves are also unbeaten in five, winning four and conceding just one goal in the process.
- Mick McCarthy's side have won their last three away matches in the league by a score of 1-0.