Championship Opta Facts - 4-5 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
West Ham v Millwall
- West Ham have not lost any of their 13 home matches against London rivals Millwall.
- None of the last 11 London derbies between these two sides have been won by the side playing away.
- The Lions have conceded just 3% of their goals in the opening 15 minutes this season, a league-low proportion.
- The Hammers have won their last three league games at Upton Park, all by a single goal.
- West Ham have scored exactly one goal in six of their last seven league games.
- Millwall have failed to net in seven of their last nine league games, and three of the four goals they netted in that run were scored by Darius Henderson.
Brighton v Leicester
- Only four of the previous 24 meetings between Brighton and Leicester City have ended in a draw, but three of these have come in the last six matches between the two.
- There has been a red card given in three of the last six meetings between Brighton and Leicester.
- The Foxes have scored in each of their last 11 league games, the longest current run of its kind in the Championship.
- The Seagulls have won three and drawn one of their last four league games.
- Leicester ended a run of seven games without a clean sheet with a 2-0 win at high flying Southampton last time out.
Bristol City v Leeds
- Leeds have won their last three games against Bristol City; netting at least two goals on all three occasions.
- Six of the last seven games between these two sides have seen at least three goals scored.
- The Robins have conceded 74% of their goals in the second-half this season, a league-high.
- Managerless Leeds have gone eight games in the league without a clean sheet.
- Ross McCormack has scored in three of Leeds' last four league encounters.
Burnley v Peterborough
- Burnley have won their last three games at home to Peterborough.
- The last four meetings between these two sides have witnessed 16 goals; an average of four per game.
- Burnley have taken more points from their last 10 games (22) than any other Championship side.
- Peterborough have been waiting longer for a win (five games) than any other second tier side.
- The Clarets have kept three successive clean sheets in the league at Turf Moor.
Cardiff v Blackpool
- Four of the last five ‘regular' league meetings (excl. playoffs) between Blackpool and Cardiff have ended 1-1.
- Cardiff have opening the scoring in each of their last six meetings with Blackpool, but have gone on to win just one of these matches.
- Blackpool have scored only one goal in the opening 15 minutes this season, a league low.
- The Tangerines have benefited from a league-high 12 goals from substitutes this term.
- Cardiff are unbeaten in six league games and have only lost one of their last 16.
Coventry v Ipswich
- 18 of the last 19 meetings between Coventry and Ipswich Town have seen both find the net.
- Coventry have won just two of their last 10 home meetings with Ipswich Town.
- Ipswich have lost 19 points having scored the first goal this term, a league-high.
- The Sky Blues have won their last three league games in a row at the Ricoh Arena, conceding just one goal in the process.
- The Tractor Boys, on the other hand, have lost their last three league games on the road.
Doncaster v Reading
- Reading have won nine and drawn one of their last 10 meetings with Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster have scored just one goal in their last five home matches against the Royals.
- Reading have netted 46% of their goals in the closing 15 minutes, the highest proportion in the Championship.
- The Royals have also conceded a league-low of just 11% of their goals in the final quarter-hour.
- The Keepmoat Stadium has seen fewer goals than any other second-tier stadium in 2011/12 (22).
- Struggling Rovers are unbeaten in five league games in front of their own fans (W3 D2).
Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace
- Eight of the last nine meetings between Middlesbrough and Palace have seen a side win by a one goal margin (one draw).
- Palace have won none of their last five trips to Middlesbrough in all competitions (D1, L4).
- The Eagles have netted a league-high 22% of their goals in the opening 15 minutes this season.
- Palace are one of two teams (with Burnley) yet to draw an away game this season.
- Middlesbrough have lost their last three league games, as many as they had lost in the entire season before this.
- In five of the last six games ‘Boro have found the net, Scott McDonald has been amongst the goals.
Portsmouth v Hull
- Each of the last four meetings between Portsmouth and Hull have been won by a single goal margin.
- There have been 28 goals in the last six meetings between Hull and Pompey in Portsmouth; an average of 4.7 a game.
- Pompey have conceded a league-high 28% of their goals in the opening 15 minutes this season.
- Pompey are the only Championship side yet to concede a goal to an opposition sub this campaign.
- No side has kept more clean sheets in the Championship this season than the Tigers (12).
Watford v Barnsley
- There have only been seven goals scored in the last six meetings between these two clubs.
- Watford have lost just one of their last seven home games against the Tykes.
- Barnsley have scored a higher percentage of goals in the first-half than any other team in the second-tier (56%).
- The Tykes have only gained one point from games in which they have conceded the first goal, the fewest number of all sides.
- Since drawing five successive league games in September, Barnsley have gone19 in the league without sharing the points.
Derby v Nottingham Forest
- None of the last seven East Midlands' derby games between the Rams and Nottingham Forest have ended in a draw.
- Derby have had a man sent off in each of their last two matches against Forest.
- Forest have won just one of their last nine trips to Derby County, but this came in their last meeting at Pride Park in Jan 2011.
- The Rams have netted just one goal in the closing 15 minutes, a league-low.
- Forest have taken five fewer points from their last 10 games (four) than any other side in the division.
- Derby have won their last four league games at Pride Park, their best run of the season in front of their own fans.