Championship Opta Facts – May 4th
Birmingham v Blackburn
- The Blues have won their last five games against Blackburn at St. Andrews, winning 2-1 on four occasions.
- Over the last 10 games, only Bolton (19) and Charlton (19) have picked up more points than the Blues (18).
- Jordan Rhodes has netted six times in his last eight games for Blackburn taking his season tally to 26 for the club. Indeed, he is the first Blackburn player since Alan Shearer (31) in 1995/96 to score more than 25 league goals in a single season.
- The Blues have scored in each of their last 12 league games; their best such run of the season.
Bolton v Blackpool
- The last 10 games between these two teams have produced a total of 33 goals, averaging at 3.3 goals per game. In that run of games, Bolton have won just twice (D5 L3).
- Blackpool's leading scorer Thomas Ince has failed to hit the back of the net in eight league games.
- The Trotters have lost 34 points from winning positions this season; a league-high.
- The Seasiders have scored 22 goals in the final fifteen minutes of games this season; the most in the division.
Brighton v Wolves
- Brighton have failed to beat Wolves in five attempts, losing twice (D3). Their last win came back in 2003 at the Withdean Stadium.
- The Seagulls have gone eight games unbeaten (W4 D4); the current longest unbeaten run in the division.
- Relegation-threatened Wolves have won just once in their last five games (L4).
- Brighton striker Leonardo Ulloa has scored five goals in his last eight games.
Burnley v Ipswich
- Five of the last 10 meetings between the two sides have ended in a draw with Burnley winning just once and losing four.
- The Tractor Boys have lost just once in their last nine games (W5 D3).
- The Clarets have conceded in each of their last 10 games; their worst such run of the season.
- Ipswich have gained just seven points from losing positions this season; a joint-league-low alongside Millwall.
Charlton v Bristol City
- In their last five meetings in the Championship, Charlton and Bristol City have won two matches each (D1).
- After winning just once in their previous nine home games, the Addicks have won their last three at the Valley.
- The Robins haven't recorded a victory in eight games (D2 L6). Only Crystal Palace (nine) are currently on a longer such run.
- No side have picked up more points over the last 10 games than Charlton (19).
Crystal Palace v Peterborough
- Since the turn of the century, Palace have won three of their five meetings against Peterborough (D1 L1).
- Grant McCann has scored two goals in his last three league appearances against Crystal Palace.
- Palace striker Glenn Murray has gone eight games without finding the back of the net; his longest goal drought of the season.
- The Posh have lost only once in their last 12 in the league (W5 D6).
Derby v Millwall
- The Rams have won three of the last five against Millwall at Pride Park (D1 L1).
- Derby have won just once in their last five (D1 L3), while Millwall are without a victory in four, failing to score in three of those games (D1 L3).
- Millwall have conceded seven goals in the final fifteen minutes of matches this season; a league-low.
- The Rams have won three of their last four games at Pride Park (L1), with on-loan striker Chris Martin scoring two goals in that run.
Huddersfield v Barnsley
- Huddersfield are unbeaten in three against Barnsley, winning two and drawing one (excluding play-offs).
- James Vaughan has scored four goals in his last two games for the Terriers. Indeed, Vaughan is the club's top scorer this season with 13 goals; a career-high goal tally for a single season.
- Jermaine Beckford has netted four goals in his last three games for Huddersfield.
- Despite their lowly position in the table, Barnsley have lost just once in their last seven league games (W2 D4).
Hull v Cardiff
- The Tigers have won four of their last six home games against Cardiff (D1 L1).
- The Bluebirds have drawn their last three games; the joint longest current run of that kind in the division.
- Promotion-chasing Hull have struggled to hit the back of the net of late; failing to score in each of their last three games.
- The Tigers have lost eight points from winning positions this season; a league-low.
Nottm Forest v Leicester
- The Reds are unbeaten in their last seven games against the Foxes at the City Ground (W3 D4).
- The Foxes have conceded in each of their last 12 games; the current longest run of that kind in the league.
- Forest have failed to score in three of their last four league games (W1 D1 L2).
- After scoring in six consecutive matches for the Reds, Lewis McGugan has failed to find the back of the net in his last four.
Sheff Wed v Middlesbrough
- The Owls have lost their last four games against Boro, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Middlesbrough have picked up just five points from their last 10 league games; the worst record in the Championship.
- Boro are without a win on the road in 11 games; their worst such run of the season.
- After scoring nine goals in 16 league appearances to start the season, Scott McDonald has scored just three in 15 in 2013.
Watford v Leeds
- The reverse fixture saw Watford beat Leeds 6-1; their biggest winning margin this season.
- Watford striker Matej Vydra scored a brace in the reverse fixture and has scored a brace on six occasions this season; a figure beaten by only Crystal Palace's Glenn Murray (nine).
- Troy Deeney has scored five goals in his last seven games for the Hornets.
- Watford are unbeaten in four league games against Leeds, winning twice (D2).