Championship Opta Facts 6th - 9th November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Derby County v Coventry City
- Derby are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Coventry (two wins, both 2-1, two draws both 1-1).
- The Sky Blues have managed only one win in their last 16 visits to Pride Park (in all competitions).
- Rob Hulse scored in both of the two meetings between the two sides last season.
- The Rams have failed to find the net in three of their last four league games.
- The Sky Blues have also struggled to score in their last four league fixtures, managing to score a total of just one goal in those games.
Blackpool v Scunthorpe United
- Scunthorpe have only enjoyed one win against Blackpool in their last eight meetings (in all competitions).
- The Tangerines have bagged a total of 15 goals in their last four meetings with Scunthorpe at Bloomfield Road.
- There have been a total of three red cards in the last four clashes between the two teams.
- Blackpool are unbeaten in four league games now, keeping three clean sheets out of those four matches.
- The Iron have shipped a league “high” 28 goals so far this season.
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have won each of their last four meetings with Palace (in all competitions).
- Boro have won on just two of their last 10 visits to Selhurst Park (in all competitions).
- Palace are unbeaten in four home leagues games now after losing the two games at Selhurst Park before that.
- Adam Johnson has bagged three of Middlesbrough’s last four goals.
- Gordon Strachan’s side have suffered just one defeat in their seven away league games so far this season.
- If only away form counted this season, Boro would be top of the Championship, despite having played only seven games on the road.
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion
- Only one of the last seven league meetings between the two sides has ended in a win for the home side.
- The Baggies have won four of the last six clashes with the Foxes (in all competitions).
- There have been four penalty goals scored in the last five meetings between the two sides (in all competitions).
- Nigel Pearson’s charges have won their last thee league games and are now unbeaten in six.
- West Brom have failed to score in three of their last five games, although they have bagged a total of eight in the other two.
Newcastle United v Peterborough United
- The two sides have only ever met in one previous season in the league – in the 1992/93 second tier campaign when the Magpies won both games (3-0 at home and 1-0 away).
- Before beating Atletico last Saturday, Athletic had picked up only one point in their previous five fixtures.
- Experienced midfielder Kevin Nolan has scored six of Newcastle’s last 11 league goals.
- The Magpies have won just one of their last three league games at St James Park, drawing the other two.
- Darren Ferguson’s side have enjoyed just one victory in their last seven league fixtures.
Nottingham Forest v Bristol City
- Five of the last eight meetings between the two sides have ended in stalemates.
- City have failed to secure a win over Forest in their last 25 meetings (in all competitions), with their last win coming all the way back in December 1974, 1-0 at home).
- Forest attacker Joe Garner scored in both meetings with the Robins last season.
- Forest have bagged exactly one goal in each of their last four league games (two 1-0 wins followed by two 1-1 draws).
- City striker Nicky Maynard has netted 10 goals in his 15 appearances this season (in all competitions).
Reading v Ipswich Town
- There have only been two home victories in the last eight meetings between the two sides.
- Jon Stead scored in both of Ipswich’s meetings with Reading last season, with the Tractor Boys winning both.
- The Royals have enjoyed just one win in their last five league games, shipping a total of 11 goals in the process.
- The Tractor Boys secured their first victory of the campaign last week against Derby, after a run of 14 games without a win.
- Ipswich have netted exactly one goal in each of their last five league games (including three 1-1 draws).
- The Royals are the only side in the division yet to secure a home league win this season.
Sheffield Wednesday v QPR
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last four match-days, as result of two wins and as many draws.
- There has only been one away victory in the last 11 meetings between the two sides.
- The Owls have secured just one victory in their last six league fixtures.
- The Hoops have kept only one clean sheet in their last eight league matches.
- Rangers’ Wayne Routledge is the top creator in the division, providing a league-high seven assists so far.
- QPR have hit the woodwork a league-high seven times so far this season.
Swansea City v Cardiff City
- The last two meetings between the two sides (last season) both ended in 2-2 draws, indeed the last three league clashes between the two Welsh sides have ended in stalemate.
- The Bluebirds have failed to win any of their last seven meetings with Swansea (in all competitions), and have won just one in 12.
- Craig Beattie has bagged three goals in his last four league games for the Swans.
- The Swans have kept a league-high seven clean sheets so far this season.
- Cardiff have bagged a league-high six penalty goals this season.
Watford v Preston North End
- Watford have only enjoyed one victory in their last eight meetings with Preston.
- The Hornets have failed to find the back of the net in three of their last four clashes with the Lilywhites.
- Preston have secured just one win in their last six league games.
- Watford’s last two games have produced a total of 10 goals (4-1 and 0-5).
- Watford are the only side in the division yet to be awarded a penalty this season.
Barnsley v Sheffield United
- Barnsley have failed to win any of their last six meetings with United (losing the last four and drawing the other two).
- The Tykes have lost just two of their last 10 league Yorkshire derbies, though the two defeats came at the hands of the Blades.
- United have lost their last four league games on the road, shipping a total of 11 goals in the process.
- The Tykes have won just two of their seven home league games this season.
- The Blades are currently on a seven-game winless run, the longest such run in the division.
- After one win in nine league games to start the season, Barnsley have now won four of their last six in the Championship.