Championship Opta Facts – October 1-3
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Coventry
- Barnsley have won just one of their last 13 games against Coventry, but this did come in their last meeting (2-1 in January).
Fredy Eastwood has scored in the first half of his last two appearances against Barnsley.
The Tykes have not kept a clean sheet against Coventry City since October 1997; a run of 13 matches.
- The Tykes have drawn their last five league games in succession, the last four of which have ended 1-1.
- The Barnsley club record for successive league draws is seven, set in the second tier in March-April 1911.
- Coventry have won three of their last four league games in October.
- Barnsley have opened the scoring in five games this season but have gone onto win just one of them.
- Barnsley have conceded twice as many penalties as any other side (4).
Blackpool v Bristol City
- There have been just nine goals scored in the last seven meetings between Bristol City and Blackpool.
Nicky Maynard scored in each of the last two league meetings between the sides, back in 2009/10.
- Blackpool have not scored or conceded more than two goals in a single league game this season.
- The Seasiders have won only one of their last seven league games.
- City have gone six league games without a win, losing three of their last four.
Crystal Palace v West Ham
- The 2003/04 Championship playoff final was the last meeting between these two sides; a game that Palace won 1-0.
The last two league meetings between these two sides at Selhurst Park have seen West Ham reduced to 10 men.
- Palace have won only four of their last 26 league games in October.
- West Ham have not won a league game in October since beating Sunderland in 2007.
- The Hammers are averaging more corners per game than any other side in the Championship this season (7.3).
- West Ham would be top of the table if only the opening 45 minutes of games counted this season (W5 D4).
- Rob Green has made more saves than any other Championship goalkeeper this season (42).
Hull v Cardiff
- Cardiff have won their last three games against Hull City, keeping a clean sheet in each game.
Just one of the last 10 meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Hull have scored a total of three goals in their last eight league games in October.
- Cardiff have won 10 of their last 11 league games in October, drawing the other.
- Hull have recorded the two highest instances of corners in a game this season (15 v Leeds and 14 v Reading).
- Hull have averaged two points per goal this season (seven goals, 14 points).
Ipswich v Brighton
- 11 of the last 12 meetings between these two clubs have seen both teams find the net.
Four of the last six games between Ipswich and Brighton have ended in a draw.
- Ipswich have scored in 25 of their last 26 league games in October.
- Town have gone 300 minutes (five hours) without conceding a league goal.
- Brighton have gone three league games without a win for the first time since the end of last season.
- Town's Keith Andrews has four goals in seven league starts this season.
- Albion's Craig Mackail-Smith has three goals in his last two appearances.
Leeds v Portsmouth
- The two league meetings between Leeds and Portsmouth last season produced 10 goals in total (2-2 and 3-3).
In fact, the last 10 games between these two sides have seen 45 goals scored; an average of 4.5 a game.
- Leeds' last seven league games in October have averaged 3.7 goals per game.
- Pompey have won five of their last six league games in October.
- Portsmouth would be bottom of the table if only the first 45 minutes of games counted this season (W0 D5 L4).
Millwall v Burnley
- Millwall are unbeaten in their last six home games against Burnley (W3, D3, L0).
The away side have won just one of the last 12 encounters between Millwall and Burnley, but this did come in their last meeting (Burnley 0-3 Millwall, March 2011).
- Millwall have scored only one goal in their last seven games in all competitions.
- If the Lions lose this game it will be the first time they have lost three league games in a row since September 2007.
- Burnley's Charlie Austin has scored four goals in his last five league games.
Peterborough v Doncaster
- Doncaster Rovers have won their last five matches against Peterborough United.
Just five of the previous 30 league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw and none of those have come in the last seven games.
- Doncaster are the only Championship side not to win a corner in every game this season (failed to win one versus Hull).
- Posh average more shots on target than any other Championship side this season (7.1).
- Doncaster are bottom of the table yet have faced the second lowest number of shots this season (85).
Reading v Middlesbrough
- The two league meetings between Reading and Middlesbrough last season witnessed 11 goals (5-2 and 3-1).
Reading have lost three of their last four home league games in October.
- Boro have lost five of their last six league games in October, drawing the other.
- Reading have opened the scoring in only two of their nine league games this season.
- Reading have won twice as many penalties as any other Championship side this season (4).
- Boro are the only remaining unbeaten side in the Championship.
- Middlesbrough's Barry Robson has conceded more fouls than any other player in the division (21).
Southampton v Watford
- Watford have won their last three away games in Southampton, scoring three goals in each match.
- The Hornets have won six of their last seven games against the Saints.
- Southampton have scored at least two goals in nine of their last 10 league games in October.
- Watford have drawn only two of their last 20 league games in October.
- Southampton have won all five of their games in which they've opened the scoring this season, the best rate in the division.
- The Saints average fewer corners per game than any other Championship side this season (4.2).
- Watford average the second highest number of shots on target per game in the Championship (5.8) but have scored only nine goals, compared to 21 from Southampton.
Leicester v Derby
- Leicester won both games against Derby last season by two goals to nil.
- The last six games between these east midlands rivals have seen under 2.5 goals.
- Every time Derby have opened the scoring this season (four games), they have gone onto keep a clean sheet.
- Derby have also claimed a Championship joint-high seven points from losing positions this season.
- Derby's Ben Davies has five assists this season, a divisional joint-high.
- Davies has created 24 chances, 10 more than any other Championship player.
Nottingham Forest v Birmingham
- Nine of the last 10 meetings between Forest and Birmingham have gone under 2.5 goals.
- Forest have failed to score in their last three meetings with Birmingham and have gone 308 mins without a goal against the Blues.
- Forest have not scored more than two goals in a league game in October since a third tier game against Cheltenham in 2007.
- Birmingham have scored in every league game they've played this season.
- The Blues have scored first in five of their seven league games game (71%), the best rate in the league.
- Both of Forest's league wins this season have been by one goal to nil, but both have also come away from home.