Championship Opta Facts - August 14
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Crystal Palace
- The away side have failed to find the net in six of the last eight meetings between these two sides.
- Crystal Palace have only won one of their six trips to Oakwell since the Millennium, but this came in emphatic fashion; a 4-1 victory in February 2002.
- The Tykes are without a league win since 16th March 2010; a run of 11 games following their opening day defeat to QPR.
- Palace have won just once in their last eight league games away from Selhurst Park.
Derby v Cardiff
- The home side scored four goals on average in the last three meetings between the two teams.
- Michael Chopra scored four goals in a 6-1 victory for Cardiff over the Rams last season.
- Derby have won three and drawn one of their last four home encounters with Cardiff City.
- The Rams have been on the losing side only twice in their last 11 league matches.
- Cardiff have only lost one of their last six games on the road in all competitions, winning four and drawing one.
Doncaster v Bristol City
- Doncaster have won their last three meetings with Bristol City, including a 5-2 win in their last encounter.
- Billy Sharp scored three goals in his two appearances against City last term.
- The winning side have kept a clean sheet in their last four meetings in Doncaster.
- Doncaster have kept a clean sheet in just one of their last 12 home games in the Championship.
- Only three of Bristol City's final 13 away games in the Championship have seen them pick up all three points.
Ipswich v Burnley
- Ipswich have lost just once in their last seven meetings with the Clarets.
- Six of the last eight meetings between these two sides at Portman Road have ended level.
- Only two of Ipswich's last 18 league matches at Portman Road have ended in defeat.
- Burnley have lost just one of their last 12 league games at Championship level.
Leicester v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have failed to score in three of their last four encounters with the Foxes.
- Five of the last nine goals scored in this fixture have arrived in the final 15 minutes of the match.
- Leicester have won just one of their last four home games against Boro.
- The Foxes have lost only two of their last 16 competitive home matches.
Millwall v Hull
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides have ended in a score draw - three of them 1-1.
- Hull City have won just one of their last 17 trips to Millwall.
- The Tigers have now won four consecutive games at Championship level (including playoffs).
- Millwall had the best home record in League One last season, collecting 56 points from their 23 games at the Den.
Portsmouth v Reading
- On the last occasion that these two sides met at Fratton Park, Portsmouth ran out 7-4 winners - with the 11 goals scored in the match being a Premier League record.
- Reading have won just one of their last 20 encounters against Portsmouth.
- Only six teams collected more points away from home in the Championship than Reading (26) in 2009/10.
- Portsmouth have won eight of their last nine home matches at Championship level.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored five goals in his last five league games for Reading.
Scunthorpe v Norwich
- Norwich City have won just two of their previous 10 league meetings with the Iron.
- In the last four seasons that they have been in the same league, one of their two meetings in that campaign have been drawn.
- Norwich City had the best away record in League One last season, collecting 41 points from their 23 games on the road.
- 71% of the points that Scunthorpe won last season came at home (37 of 52).
Sheffield United v QPR
- Three of the four meetings between Sheffield United and QPR last season ended 1-1.
- Richard Cresswell scored in all four of the matches between these two sides last term.
- QPR have not won any of their last eight games against the Blades.
- Only five teams won more points at home than Sheffield United in the Championship last season (44).
- QPR won just two of their final 15 away games in the Championship last season, but both of those are their most recent league trips.
Swansea v Preston
- The home side have won five of the last six matches between these two teams.
- Four of their last six meetings have ended in a 2-0 scoreline.
- Swansea are unbeaten in their last nine home games against Preston, winning five of these encounters.
- Only five teams have scored more goals at home than Swansea in the Championship last season (40).
- If only away form counted in the league last season, Preston would have been relegated with only Scunthorpe (15) and Peterborough (11) collecting fewer points on the road.
Watford v Coventry
- The away side have won in the last three encounters between Coventry City and Watford.
- The last nine meetings between these sides have averaged four goals a game.
- Watford have won six of their last seven meetings with the Sky Blues.
- The Hornets lost just one of their final six league games at home last term.
- Only five teams lost more away games than Coventry in the Championship last term (12).
- Watford striker Danny Graham has now scored four braces in his last four competitive matches for the Hornets.
Nottingham Forest v Leeds United
- Five of the last seven meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Forest haven't won any of their last eight meetings with Leeds United.
- Leeds have won just one of their last 16 matches against Nottingham Forest away from home, that being in their last match at the City Ground.
- Only Norwich (41) won more points away from home in League One last season than Leeds United (38).