Championship Opta Facts - Boxing Day
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Watford v Cardiff City
- Cardiff City have dropped the most points from winning positions of any team in the Championship (16).
- Watford have scored a league high 55% of their goals in the first half this campaign.
- Cardiff have conceded a league high 40% of their goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season.
- Cardiff have won four of the last five matches against Watford.
- Marvin Sordell scored in both meetings with Cardiff last season.
- Pete Whittingham has scored four goals in the last four matches between Watford and Cardiff.
- There have been four penalties scored in the last five meetings between the Hornets and the Bluebirds.
- Ogbeche's goal for Boro last weekend ended a run of eight matches without conceding a first half goal for Cardiff.
- Watford are currently unbeaten in their last six matches, the longest current run of any team in the Championship.
Derby County v Leeds United
- Leeds have conceded the joint-fewest headed goals in the Championship (2) accounting for a league low 7% of their total goals against.
- Derby are the only team in the Championship without a goal in the final 15 minutes of a match this season.
- Leeds have conceded 60% of their goals in the first half of games, the highest proportion in the Championship.
- Derby have won the last three meetings(in all competitions) with Leeds by a 2-1 scoreline.
- The Rams are unbeaten in the last six games in all competitions against the Yorkshire side, and won the last five in a row.
- Robert Snodgrass has scored six goals in his last six Championship appearances.
- Derby have gone 14 games in the Championship since their last clean sheet.
- Leeds have taken 10 points from a possible 12 in their last four away games in the Championship.
Millwall v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth have conceded a league high 30% of their goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season.
- The Lions have failed to score in five of the last seven Championship matches.
- Portsmouth have won four and lost none of the last five games against Millwall.
- Victory on the road last time out against Burnley ended a run of 13 Championship away games without a victory for Pompey (D5 L8).
- MIllwall have lost just one of their last six matches at the New Den.
- Pompey have lost just one of their last seven Championship games.
- Portsmouth have conceded the joint-fewest headed goals in the Championship (2).
Southampton v Crystal Palace
- Rickie Lambert has scored six goals in his last five Championship appearances.
- Palace have already beaten Saints once this season in a 2-0 success at Selhurst Park in the Carling Cup.
- Southampton have won just one of the last five home games against Palace (W1 D3 L1).
- Southampton have lost none of their last 23 league matches at St Mary's, winning 21.
- Palace have only scored six goals in their last 11 Championship fixtures, four of those goals ended with 1-0 wins.
- The south Londoners have kept eight clean sheets in their last 12 Championship games.
- Palace have conceded the highest percentage of goals from outside the box in the Championship (41%).
Barnsley v Blackpool
- Barnsley have recovered just one point from losing positions this season, fewer than any other side in the Championship.
- Ricardo Vaz Te has scored five goals in his last five appearances in the Championship.
- Blackpool have only won two of the last 14 matches in all competitions against Barnsley, with both victories coming in the 2008-09 Championship.
- In the last 10 matches between Blackpool and Barnsley, four have been draws and six have been wins by a single-goal margin.
- The Tangerines have lost just one of their last eight Championship matches, but drawn four of their last six.
- Blackpool have committed fewer fouls than any other team in the Championship (181).
Burnley v Doncaster
- Only Southampton (13) have score more headed goals than Burnley (12) in the Championship.
- Burnley have scored the most goals from corners (7) accounting for a league-high 22% of their total goal haul.
- The Clarets have conceded the lowest proportion of goals from set pieces (13%).
- Billy Sharp has scored five goals in his last four Championship appearances.
- Doncaster have won the two home games and drawn the two away meetings played with Burnley in the Championship.
- Burnley have won four and lost one of their last five matches in the Championship.
- The Clarets have lost three of their last four matches at Turf Moor.
- Rovers have lost five of their last six Championship games on the road.
Coventry v Bristol City
- Coventry have dropped more points from losing positions on home soil than any other side in the Championship (10).
- Coventry have now gone 11 games without a victory, the longest run without a win of any team in the Championship this season.
- Bristol City have won four and lost none of their last five away games in all competitions against Coventry.
- The Sky Blues have won just one of the last 11 matches against Bristol City in all competitions.
- Coventry have lost seven and drawn one of their last eight matches in the Championship.
- The Robins have won none of their last four matches in the Championship.
- Only Bristol City (9) have picked up fewer points at home than Coventry (10) in the Championship this season.
Leicester v Ipswich
- Leicester have conceded the highest proportion of goals from set plays (44%).
- Keith Andrews has scored four goals in his last three Championship appearances, three of them in the minute before or the minute after half-time.
- Leicester have won three and lost none of their last six home matches against Ipswich.
- Ipswich recently ended a run of seven straight defeats in the Championship with two victories.
- Ipswich have the worst defensive record in the Championship, conceding 42 goals this season.
- Only West Ham (39%) have conceded a higher percentage of goals from headers than Leicester (36%).
Middlesbrough v Hull City
- Hull have scored the fewest headed goals in the Championship (1), accounting for just 4% of their goal tally, a divisional low.
- Middlesbrough have scored a divisional high 30% of goals from outside the box this season.
- Hull have scored a Championship low 8% of their goals from set pieces.
- Robert Koren has scored four goals in his last five Championship appearances.
- If the league had started after Nick Barmby's appointment, Hull City would be top of the Championship.
- If the Tigers win this game it would be five wins in a row, the longest winning run of any team in the Championship this season.
Nottingham Forest v Peterborough
- Peterborough have recouped the most points from losing positions of any team in the Championship (16).
- Forest have conceded more headed goals than any other team in the Championship (13).
- Nottingham Forest have scored a divisional high 44% of goals from set pieces.
- Nottingham Forest have failed to score in their last five league games; their longest run came in 2004 when they failed to net in seven games in a row.
- In contrast, no team has kept Peterborough out in the Posh's last 14 Championship games.
- Only Southampton (45) have scored more goals than Peterborough (41), but only Ipswich (42) have conceded more than Posh this season (39).
Reading v Brighton
- Reading have dropped just two points from winning positions this season, fewer than any other side.
- Reading have scored a divisional-high 89% of their goals in the second half of games this season.
- 52% of all the Royals goals have come in the final 15 minutes of games, also a league high.
- Simon Church has scored four goals in his last four Championship games.
- Reading have won five of the last six meetings with Brighton and the last four in a row.
- Brighton have the worst disciplinary record this season with 52 yellows and four reds.
Birmingham v West Ham
- 39% of the goals West Ham have conceded have come from headers, a divisional high proportion.
- West Ham have scored a league high eight goals in the opening 15 minutes of games in the Championship this season.
- Carlton Cole has scored in three of his last five appearances against Birmingham in all competitions.
- Birmingham have won just one of their last six league games at home to the Hammers.
- The Blues have gone eight games without a clean sheet in the Championship.
- Birmingham are unbeaten at home in the Championship winning six and drawing three of their nine games at St Andrews.
- The Midlanders have only scored nine goals in their last 10 Championship matches.