Championship Opta Facts - Boxing Day
Nottingham Forest v Leeds United
- Leeds beat Nottingham Forest 2-1 at Elland Road earlier this season.
- The Whites have won four and lost just one of their last seven league matches against Forest.
- Luciano Becchio has scored in each of the last four league meetings between the two sides.
- Becchio has netted seven goals in his last seven appearances for Leeds in all competitions.
- Forest have won just one of their last five league games (W1 D1 L3).
Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town
- Charlton have won six and lost just one of the last eight league matches between these two teams.
- That run includes September's 2-1 win for the Addicks at Portman Road.
- Ipswich have scored on each of their last five visits to the Valley but only won once, losing the other four.
- No Championship side has scored fewer league goals this season than Ipswich Town (23).
- Charlton have won just two points in their last four league games, failing to score in three of these.
Barnsley v Birmingham City
- Barnsley's 5-0 victory at St. Andrews in September is their only win over Birmingham in their last five meetings (L2 D2).
- Birmingham have won three and lost just one of their last five away games at Barnsley in the league. However, they have not kept a clean sheet in any of those five games.
- Craig Davies has scored five goals in the last two games between the two clubs; having netted four times in the last match.
- Barnsley have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 12 league games.
- Birmingham have collected only one win in their last eight Championship matches (W1 D4 L3).
Bolton Wanderers v Sheffield Wednesday
- Bolton have won each of the last five meetings between the two teams in all competitions; having scored 11 goals and conceded just three.
- Sheffield Wednesday last defeated Bolton away from home back in April 1983. Since then, they have lost three and drawn one of their four league trips to The Trotters.
- Wednesday have won the fewest points away from home this season in the Championship (8).
- No side has failed to score in more league games this season than the Owls (eight games).
Burnley v Derby County
- Burnley have won five and lost none of their last seven league matches against Derby County.
- Charlie Austin has scored four goals in his last three matches against Derby.
- Derby have drawn three of their last five matches at Turf Moor; losing the other two.
- Burnley have drawn four of their last five league games, losing the other in this run.
- Just one of Derby's last 12 league games has ended as a draw (W6 D1 L5).
Bristol City v Watford
- Watford have lost just one of their last seven games against Bristol City (W3 D3 L1).
- Bristol City are the only side yet to keep a clean sheet this season in the top four tiers of English football.
- Bristol City have won only eight points at home this season in the Championship; a league-low.
- Only Hull (22) have won more points than Watford (21) in their last 10 league matches.
- Of players to have scored five or more goals in the Championship this season, Matej Vydra (10 goals) has the best shot conversion rate (47.6%). Vydra also scored in Watford game against City earlier this season.
Cardiff City v Crystal Palace
- The last six meetings between these two sides in all competitions have seen both sides win three times apiece.
- Cardiff have won four and lost none of their last eight home games against Palace in all comps.
- Palace have failed to score in each of their last three trips to play Cardiff City away.
- Cardiff have won more points at home than any other side in the Championship this season (30).
- Only Hull (22) have won more points on the road in the Championship this season than Palace (18).
- Palace have scored 10 penalties this season, four more than any other side in the top divisions.
Huddersfield Town v Blackpool
- Huddersfield have won four and lost two of the six league meetings between the two teams; including a 3-1 win earlier in the season.
- Gary Taylor-Fletcher has scored twice in his last two appearances in this fixture. Once for Blackpool this season and once for Huddersfield in November 2006.
- The last three league games between these two sides have been won by a two goal margin (3-1 twice, 2-0 once).
- Huddersfield are currently on the longest run without a win in the Championship - seven games (L4 D3).
- Blackpool have lost just one of their last nine league games (W3 D5 L1), but this came in their last game v Wolves.
Hull City v Leicester City
- Leicester have won three and lost one of their last four league meetings with Hull City, including a 3-1 victory earlier this season.
- There have been three red cards in the last four league meetings between the two sides.
- David Nugent netted a hat-trick in the 3-1 win for Leicester City over Hull earlier this season.
- No side has kept more clean sheets this season than Leicester (8) in the Championship.
- Hull have won their last four Championship games, and have lost just one of their last seven league matches (W5 D1 L1).
Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers
- Having started the season on a six match unbeaten run, it was Middlesbrough that inflicted Blackburn's first defeat of the league campaign with a 2-1 win in September.
- Three of the last four games between the two teams have ended in draws.
- Middlesbrough have had mixed fortunes in their last eight league games, winning four and losing four.
- Boro have won five and lost one of their last six league games at the Riverside Stadium.
- Blackburn have won just six points in the eight games since Henning Berg was named as their manager (W1 D3 L4).
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Peterborough United
- Wolves have won four and lost none of their last five matches against Peterborough.
- Wolves have won three and lost none of their last four trips to London Road; though they haven't been there since January 1994.
- There have been 22 goals scored in the last four league games involving Peterborough (average of 5.5 a game).
- Dwight Gayle has scored five goals in his last four games for Peterborough.
- Peterborough United are the only side in the Championship yet to win a point from a losing position this season.