Championship Opta Facts - January 16-17
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday
- Barnsley are unbeaten in their last four meetings with the Owls.
- Sheffield Wednesday have conceded only three goals in their last six visits to Oakwell (all competitions).
- The Tykes have won only once in their last five league matches.
- 11 of the last 12 goals that Barnsley have scored in the Championship have come in the second half.
- Sheffield Wednesday have scored in just one of their last seven league matches.
Blackpool v QPR
- Blackpool have managed just one win in their last 17 meetings with QPR.
- QPR have won three of their last four away matches against Ian Holloway's side.
- QPR have hit the woodwork a league-high 10 times so far this season.
- Charlie Adam has scored a goal in three of his last four starts for Blackpool in the league.
- Paul Hart's outfit have won just one of their last eight league matches.
Bristol City v Preston
- Three of the last five meetings between these two sides have ended level.
- Preston have only won in one of their last 24 trips to Bristol City.
- Preston North End have used only 23 players in the Championship this season; a league-low.
- Nicky Maynard has attempted a league-high 54 shots this season, hitting the target with 65% of them.
- Preston goalkeeper Andy Lonergan has had to save more shots than any other goalkeeper in the league so far this term (90).
- The Robins have won just once in their last ten Championship matches.
Doncaster v Watford
- Watford are unbeaten in five matches against Doncaster, and have only suffered one defeat in 11 meetings.
- James Hayter has scored in both of his appearances for Doncaster against Watford.
- Billy Sharp has scored 36% of his shots in the Championship this term, a higher rate than any other player to have scored more than seven goals.
- Sharp has managed eight goals in his last nine league appearances.
- Watford have conceded 14 goals in their last five league games away from home.
Ipswich v Coventry
- Five of the last seven meetings between these two sides have ended in a 2-1 scoreline.
- Ipswich are unbeaten in their last 10 home matches against the Sky Blues, winning eight of these games.
- Clinton Morrison has scored four goals in the last three encounters between Ipswich and Coventry City.
- Only six different players have found the net for Coventry City in the Championship this term; a league-low.
- Ipswich have drawn 13 league games this season; the most in the football league.
Nottingham Forest v Reading
- There have only been four goals scored in the last six matches between Reading and Forest.
- Reading have only scored one goal in their last five meetings with Nottingham Forest.
- Forest have conceded only one goal in their last six Championship fixtures.
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in 17 league matches, the longest such run in the English second tier since Sunderland managed 17 in April 2007.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored in five of his last eight league appearances for Reading.
Peterborough v Derby
- Derby have scored exactly two goals in their last four meetings with the Posh.
- Peterborough United's last win over the Rams came back in February 1993, having failed to beat them in their last three meetings.
- Derby County have used 34 players in the Championship this season so far; a league-high.
- Mark Cooper's side have lost only once in their last six league games at home.
- Derby have failed to score in four of their last six league matches.
Plymouth v Crystal Palace
- Only one of the last 14 meetings between these tow sides has ended in a draw.
- Alan Lee has scored in his last two league appearances against Plymouth, including one earlier this season for the Eagles.
- Plymouth have scored only three times in the first half of their last 17 league matches.
- Palace have won only once in their last eight games away from home in the Championship.
Scunthorpe v Cardiff
- The Iron have won only once in their last 14 meetings with Cardiff City.
- Seven of the last 12 matches between these two sides has ended in a draw.
- Four different players have been shown a red card for Scunthorpe this season, more than at any other side.
- Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd has made a league-high 60 fouls this season in the Championship.
- Scunthorpe have won just twice in their last 11 league matches.
Sheffield United v Middlesbrough
- There has only been one goal scored in the last 284 minutes of football played between the Blades and Middlesbrough.
- Only one of the last 14 meetings between these two sides has ended in an away win.
- Middlesbrough have won just one of their last six league games away from the Riverside.
- The Blades have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four league games at Bramall Lane.
Swansea v Leicester
- Leicester have won six of their last seven meetings with Swansea City, drawing the other game during this period.
- Dany N'Guessan has scored the winning goal in each of Leicester's games against
- Swansea this season so far, including one in their FA Cup meeting earlier this month.
- Swansea City have scored with just 9.3% of their shots this season, the league's lowest conversion rate.
- Only Darren Pratley and Lee Trundle have found the net for the Swans in their last seven league outings.
- The Foxes have found the net in 11 successive league matches.
Newcastle v West Brom
- West Brom are without a win in seven meetings with Newcastle United, losing five of those games.
- Damien Duff has scored in his last two appearances against West Brom for the Magpies.
- Newcastle goalkeeper Steve Harper has a league-high 84% saves to shots ratio this season so far.
- The Magpies have kept a clean sheet in six of their last eight league games.
- The last 10 league matches involving West Brom have averaged 3.7 goals a game.