Championship Opta Facts – March 30-31
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - Mar 30-31
Doncaster v Birmingham
- Doncaster are without a win in their last seven meetings with Birmingham in all competitions, losing all seven and netting a total of just four goals in the process.
- In Doncaster, the home side have won just two of their last seven clashes with the Blues.
- The Blues have thrown away 25 points from leading positions this season, no side has thrown away more than this.
- Donny are without a win in their last six games and have failed to score in two of their last three.
- Chris Hughton's charges have picked up just one win in their last seven games, losing three and drawing three.
- Rovers haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 11 games.
Cardiff v Millwall
- Four of the last five meetings between the two sides have ended in a draw.
- There have been seven red cards brandished in the last eight clashes between the two sides.
- 72% of the goals the Bluebirds have shipped this season have come after the break, a league-high figure.
- The Lions have conceded a joint-league-high 19 goals in the final 15 minutes of their games this season.
- Cardiff are without a win in four games at home, drawing two and losing two.
- Millwall have won three of their last four league games on the road, scoring three goals in each of those victories.
Brighton v Middlesbrough
- Brighton are without a win in their last eight meetings with Middlesbrough in all competitions, losing seven (including each of the last five) and drawing just one.
- The last two games between the two sides (one in the league, one in the League Cup) have both ended in a 1-0 home win for Boro'.
- Boro' have conceded four own-goals this season, more than any other side.
- 33% of the goals Middlesbrough have scored have come from outside the box, the joint-highest proportion in the Championship.
- The Seagulls have failed to score in just one of their last 15 Championship games.
- Boro' have drawn each of their last three games 1-1.
Bristol City v Derby
- The last four meetings between the two sides have ended in either a 2-0 or a 2-1 scoreline (twice each, three wins for City, one for Derby).
- On home soil, City have lost just two of their last 12 clashes with the Rams (in all competitions).
- The Robins are without a win in their last four games and have won just one of their last 12.
- The Rams have won three of their last four games.
- City have failed to find the back of the net in seven of their last 12 league games.
- County have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 league fixtures.
Crystal Palace v Nottm Forest
- Palace have won just one of their last six meetings with Forest, although that win did last time around, 1-0 away back in December.
- At Selhurst Park, the Eagles have failed to win on each of Forest's last three visits, losing two and drawing one.
- Forest have shipped 20 headed goals this season, which equates to 34% of their total goals against, both league-high figures.
- The Eagles have suffered just one defeat in their last 12 Championship fixtures.
- Forest have lost just one of their last five games on the road, winning two and drawing two.
- Darren Ambrose has scored in three of his last four starts for Palace, although two of those goals did come from the penalty spot
Hull v Coventry
- The last four meetings with Coventry and Hull have produced a total of just three goals, with thereof those games ending 1-0 and one ending 0-0.
- The Tigers are unbeaten in their last five games against the Sky Blues.
- Hull have only netted three headed goals this season, which equates to 8% of their total goal haul, both league-lows.
- Only 8% of the goals Coventry have shipped this season have come from outside the box, a league-low percentage.
- The Tigers have lost three in a row, the worst current losing streak in the division.
- Coventry are unbeaten in their last five league games, drawing four of those fixtures.
Ipswich v Barnsley
- When the sides met earlier this season at Oakwell, Ipswich won 5-3 in the highest scoring game ever between the two sides.
- In 38 meetings between these sides in all competitions there has only ever been one goalless draw.
- The Tractor Boys have netted a joint-high 18 headed goals this season.
- The Tykes have gained just one point from losing positions this season, a league-low figure.
- Ipswich have scored exactly one goal in each of their last three games, winning one, losing one and drawing one.
- Barnsley have failed to score in four of their last five games, netting one goal last time out against Peterborough.
Leeds Utd v Watford
- Leeds have suffered just one defeat in their last 11 meetings with Watford in all competitions.
- Robert Snodgrass has netted a total of three goals in his last three meetings with the Hornets.
- Luciano Becchio have netted three goals in his last four games for United.
- The Hornets are unbeaten in six games in the league, winning four and drawing two.
- Leeds have scored three goals from direct free-kicks, a joint-league-high figure.
- Irish youngster Sean Murray has bagged five goals in his last seven games for Watford.
Peterborough v Leicester
- Peterborough have won just one of their last seven meetings with Leicester.
- Two of the last three and three of the last six clashes between the two sides have ended in a 1-1 scoreline.
- A league-high 28% of the goals Posh have conceded this season have come from outside the box.
- 54% of the Foxes' goals have come in the first half, a league-high figure.
- Posh have won just one of their last four league games, failing to score in each of the last two.
- Jermaine Beckford has bagged a total of four goals in his last four league games for the Foxes, although he has failed to find the net in each of his last two.
Portsmouth v Burnley
- Portsmouth have suffered just one defeat in their last 14 meetings with Burnley, in all competitions.
- Pompey have lost just two points from leading positions at home this season, a joint-league-best figure.
- The Clarets are without a win in seven games, the longest current run with a victory in the Championship.
- Pompey have won two of their last three games after failing to secure in single victory in their previous nine games.
- Burnley have failed to find the back of the net in two of their last three games.
- The Solent side have failed to score in seven of their last 10 games.
West Ham v Reading
- The Hammers have enjoyed just one win in their last six meetings with Reading, losing four and drawing one.
- There have been a total of three sendings-off in the last two clashes between the two sides.
- The Royals have lost just five points from leading positions this season, fewer than any other side.
- The Hammers are unbeaten in 11 games, although seven of those games have been drawn.
- Reading's last five games have produced a total of 18 goals, an average of 3.6 per game.
- Only Coventry (15) have thrown away more points from leading positions at home than West Ham (11) this season.
Blackpool v Southampton
- Blackpool have won just one of their last eight meetings with Southampton in all competitions.
- The Saints have won once and drawn twice on their last three visits to Blackpool.
- Only 6% of the goals Southampton have scored this season have come from outside the box, the lowest proportion in the division.
- The Saints have bagged a league-high nine penalty goals this season.
- The Seasiders have netted 11 goals in the final 15 minutes of their games, a joint league-high haul.
- Southampton have won four games in a row, the longest current winning streak in the division and are unbeaten in 12, also a league-best run.